Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Mav Lariat Lux / '90 ZR-1 / '03 Yamaha V-Max
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Thanks for linking this video JASmith! One of the better videos I've seen that shows the Lariat's interior lighting, both pluses and minuses.

I also really like the Lariat's LEDs in the side of taillights. Wish they had upgraded other exterior incandescent lights to LEDs (brake lights, etc on all trim levels) but guess Ford had to cut costs someplaces to keep price down. At least the incandescents lights are upgradeable via aftermarket of the owner wants to.

tngreg

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester
Yes, great video showing the lighting!
Be nice to have simple cup holder and console lighting options...
Would be nice also to have rear door handle lighting...otherwise, Ford covered lighting pretty well!

Reactions: Dad

Nighowl2000

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 ford Maverick lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thanks for linking this video JASmith! One of the better videos I've seen that shows the Lariat's interior lighting, both pluses and minuses.

I also really like the Lariat's LEDs in the side of taillights. Wish they had upgraded other exterior incandescent lights to LEDs (brake lights, etc on all trim levels) but guess Ford had to cut costs someplaces to keep price down. At least the incandescents lights are upgradeable via aftermarket of the owner wants to.
Get reverse and cargo led bulbs, especially if you have a tinted lariat rear window!

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, - Lariat, Hyundai Palisade
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Very informative. Always learn something from these reviews. I was a little disappointed there was no mention of the auto high beam feature with the Lariat. Not sure if it's on other trims, but it is certainly worth mentioning. Was invaluable in mountain driving when both hands were needed on the wheel and I did not have to constantly fumble with the stalk to turn high beams on/off.

Sponsored

MightyMaverick

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick Lariat FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I didn't realize the Lariat came with ambient lighting. That's awesome! It's a gimmicky feature but it's so cool to look at. It's actually very beneficial finding the door handle at night. I'm also very happy that it comes standard with LED headlights. That's one of the main features I've always wanted on a vehicle considering that half my work schedule requires me driving at night. I can't wait for it. It should be here either this week if not next week. ETA is March 14.

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I didn't realize the Lariat came with ambient lighting. That's awesome! It's a gimmicky feature but it's so cool to look at. It's actually very beneficial finding the door handle at night. I'm also very happy that it comes standard with LED headlights. That's one of the main features I've always wanted on a vehicle considering that half my work schedule requires me driving at night. I can't wait for it. It should be here either this week if not next week. ETA is March 14.
Very exciting! You'll absolutely love the Lariat. I've found the ambient lighting much more than merely a gimmick. No one wants to fumble around the cockpit in the dark and the Lariat's lighting makes it remarkably easy to see what's about. So we have function AND coolness.

clavicus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That sick ass retrowave kicks in at 11:30 mark lol I love that kinda music lately

Hdang1980

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Would it have been that costly to add accent lights to the rear door handles? It's a minor gripe, but still.

Sponsored

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Get reverse and cargo led bulbs, especially if you have a tinted lariat rear window!
Good advice and all of these LED's are readily available on Amazon.

Akuma72387

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shaun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Very informative. Always learn something from these reviews. I was a little disappointed there was no mention of the auto high beam feature with the Lariat. Not sure if it's on other trims, but it is certainly worth mentioning. Was invaluable in mountain driving when both hands were needed on the wheel and I did not have to constantly fumble with the stalk to turn high beams on/off.
I have the auto headlights on my XLT

Akuma72387

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shaun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ambient lighting is also on XLT as is the LED headlights with auto Hi beam.

Akuma72387

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shaun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Also something I don't think he mentioned in the video you can change when your auto headlights come back on After the car goes by you can have it immediate or a couple of seconds or a few more seconds after that it believe I'm writing this without actually being in my truck to tell you what the exact setting is but The only real difference I saw between the lariot trim and my XLT as far as lighting is the door handle being lit inside the door all the other ambient lighting is available on the XLT and the LED headlights. Only differences I saw between his truck and mine was the addition of 2 buttons by his cruise control and the split climate control. And obviously he has leather interior and I have cloth

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have the auto headlights on my XLT
Another plus for the price point of this truck, and even more of a mystery of why this was not mentioned in the video.
Sponsored