First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mav Lariat Hybrid, 2015 Hyundai Santa Fe
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
MY24 (23 rollover, waiting 420+ days) Lariat Hybrid should finally be here in the next 7-10 day. I'm getting pretty anxious for a 70 year old guy. I bought a Ford Escape climate control module on ebay that's coming this week. It looks pretty easy to replace the whole module, but I'd like to replace the the heated mirror and recirculator button. Is it as simple as prying them out from the front with a plastic tool ? Just get the tool in behind the button and pop out. I don't want to break anything. Please advise. Thank you.
Sponsored

AMCfoxbody

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
MY24 (23 rollover, waiting 420+ days) Lariat Hybrid should finally be here in the next 7-10 day. I'm getting pretty anxious for a 70 year old guy. I bought a Ford Escape climate control module on ebay that's coming this week. It looks pretty easy to replace the whole module, but I'd like to replace the the heated mirror and recirculator button. Is it as simple as prying them out from the front with a plastic tool ? Just get the tool in behind the button and pop out. I don't want to break anything. Please advise. Thank you.
I ordered my own Escape module off eBay over the weekend so I cannot comment from experience but I have seen other members say that you CAN swap out individual buttons you just have to be very careful. I've seen recommendations on using a pocket/eyeglass screwdriver to pop the buttons out from the front. But, again, I do not know from experience yet!

JfredTrem

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Maverick XLT Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
just ordered the single zone with heated wheel for my XLT.. 100 shipped on ebay. looking forward to digging into this.

FOR THIS set up you are looking for parts from an 2020-2023 ESCAPE SEL 301a

part number: LJ6T18C612RC

Last edited:

RebellaE

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT, Lux, 360
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

just ordered the single zone with heated wheel for my XLT.. 100 shipped on ebay. looking forward to digging into this.

ordered; LJ6T18C612RC
Just be very careful with this part number - some older units that popped up on ebay when I searched that part number did not have the digital temp display, and some did not have the heated seat or steering wheel buttons.

JfredTrem

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Maverick XLT Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Just be very careful with this part number - some older units that popped up on ebay when I searched that part number did not have the digital temp display, and some did not have the heated seat or steering wheel buttons.
it had actual pictures of the unit ordered. high seller rating.. should be could. thanks for looking out.

Sponsored

Montana

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It may be a small thing, but it's one thing keeping me from going with a new year model if they remove simple stuff like this. It's such a slap in the face to cost cut little crap like that and STILL raise the price of the trucks overall. Not a good look when companies do this and FORD is well known for it. It feels weird saying it, but I'm happy I got an early year model? :unsure:

Didn't they also switch to black side mirrors too? Instead of the body color coded ones?

DadsLariat

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mav Lariat Hybrid, 2015 Hyundai Santa Fe
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Should not have had that beer before ordering. Oops... I purchased a 2020 Ford Escape LJ6T-18C612-LB which is for a single zone system, like on a XLT. I needed the ...GC part for my Lariat. See picture in post #7 for ...LB part.
I'm willing to sell it to someone for what I paid for it. $40 plus shipping.
Private Message me if you are interested. Click on my picture and start a conversation. Then use envelope icon on top line to look at conversations.

Last edited:

AMCfoxbody

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Got my Escape Single-Zone Part #LJ6T-18C612-LB from eBay today and completed the swap. The hardest part was getting the OEM Escape harness cover off the HVAC module - those clips are strong!

The swap was extremely easy and all buttons seem operational - I have a XL so the rear defroster and heated seats are defintely strange but it is worth it to see the temperature on that dial!

I also swapped out the car for truck re-circulation button - it was not awful to pry out but I did snap off the clear plastic piece inside the button that the light illuminates. Oh well.

Thanks for the help @TheShark and @DTF-Garage !!

OP
OP
DTF-Garage

DTF-Garage

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Focus ZX3 (RWD Swap), 2011 Focus SES
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I also swapped out the car for truck re-circulation button - it was not awful to pry out but I did snap off the clear plastic piece inside the button that the light illuminates. Oh well.

Thanks for the help @TheShark and @DTF-Garage !!
Honestly, I thought I had done the same thing, but I think that's just how they are designed. On both of my clusters the recirc clear plastic stayed with the module, and the for the heated mirror the clear plastic came out with the button lol

TheShark

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick Lariat Tremor, 2023 Bronco Wildtrak
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Honestly, I thought I had done the same thing, but I think that's just how they are designed. On both of my clusters the recirc clear plastic stayed with the module, and the for the heated mirror the clear plastic came out with the button lol
I had exactly the same experience when I popped the buttons off mine.

Sponsored

Ron Neal

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sold Ranger
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My 22 Lariat came with the dual digital display on the dials. I understand on later production Mavericks they deleted that display.

FJM

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So like a few others in here, I was very disappointed that the Lariat with Dual Zone Climate Control did not come with the digital displays in the dials.

Some have asked if you can use the Escape/Bronco Sport Climate Control, and the answer is an easy "Yes". No programming necessary, just plug-N-play. Pop the panel off, unscrew the 4 screws on the back and switch the peice out. Super easy, and looks 1000x better.

For removal you can check out my video on disassembling the center dash at the 6:00 minute mark.
2022 Ford Maverick - Dash Center Console Removal & Routing 12v Power Supply to the Cubby - YouTube

I did want to swap out the "Heated Rear Window" button for the "Heated Mirrors" button but didn't want to break it. It's just a minor detail that I'm not super worried about, and it still triggers the heated mirrors.

20231102_141747.jpg

20231102_142406.jpg
I have the 2022 Lariat and at the time was unaware probably because I was just excited to get the truck and didn’t really pay attention. I wasn’t that upset about it since the temperature still displays on the top left and right side of the screen. But I can understand for some their frustrations. Good job swapping them out.👍

jcast0311

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat 2.0 EB LUX FX4 4K CG
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

My 22 Lariat came with the dual digital display on the dials. I understand on later production Mavericks they deleted that display.
They did.

Vtec87pr1

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 XL Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I installed a bronco sport one . Supposedly they did not work . On mine i had to enable the drive modes and thats its and its been working like a charm.

CaptBanana

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Lariat Lux Hybrid, '06 Chevy Cobalt
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Some have asked if you can use the Escape/Bronco Sport Climate Control, and the answer is an easy "Yes". No programming necessary, just plug-N-play. Pop the panel off, unscrew the 4 screws on the back and switch the peice out. Super easy, and looks 1000x better.
It is critical to note that you need to use a module from the same engine type if you're trying to avoid programming it. Taking the climate module from a gas Escape and dropping it into a hybrid Maverick will make all the right lights, but it won't perform as it should due to the different A/C compressor (electric vs. belt-driven) and cooling system configuration on the hybrid.

Please see my post in this thread regarding this.

Can you edit your post to reflect this?
Sponsored