Sponsored

Lariat A/C - can vents be turned OFF completely? (Answered in post #2 and #7)

JimParker256

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Area 51 Hybrid FE, 2014 Impala
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

My wife doesn't like air blowing on her - it exacerbates the symptoms of her Sjögren's syndrome. I, on the other hand, like to have air circulating all the time.

I can't find any way to turn off the air flow in the vents on the dashboard. Does anyone know if this is possible? Most cars have a "flapper" control that shuts off the airflow, but I'm not seeing one in the Maverick, and the manual search has thus far been unsuccessful. Thanks!
Sponsored

JPerata

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid lariat w/cp 360
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My wife doesn't like air blowing on her - it exacerbates the symptoms of her Sjögren's syndrome. I, on the other hand, like to have air circulating all the time.

I can't find any way to turn off the air flow in the vents on the dashboard. Does anyone know if this is possible? Most cars have a "flapper" control that shuts off the airflow, but I'm not seeing one in the Maverick, and the manual search has thus far been unsuccessful. Thanks!
I slide mine to one way or the other, seems to stop air flow. Give that a try.

Weird Harold

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Hybrid Velocity Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Push the temperature control knob to shut the fan off. I know, simple, but I didn’t figure it out right away…….
hope you all have a great Christmas!

OP
OP
JimParker256

JimParker256

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I slide mine to one way or the other, seems to stop air flow. Give that a try.
I'll give that a try. I was driving when it came up, and then dug into the manual looking for the answer before posting the question. Thanks for the suggestion.

OP
OP
JimParker256

JimParker256

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Push the temperature control knob to shut the fan off. I know, simple, but I didn’t figure it out right away…….
Well, except for the part where I mentioned that I like to have air circulating all the time... :)

And it's pretty impractical to just say "turn off the A/C" any time she's in the truck with me. We had way more than 30 days with temps over 100º (with about 15-20 of them where the temps topped 105º) this summer. Heck, I might as well have been in Tucson!

But thanks for your response!

Sponsored

olderbudwiser

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lincoln Corsair, 2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Guess you didn't read the whole question. OP asked how to shut down one side as he likes the airflow.

volksnuts

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat HPR
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Pretty sure you push the adjuster to the side and it closes the vents
I forget which way for passenger side but most Fords have that option

Edit: whoops, late to the party I meant to respond sooner and got busy
Didn’t refresh before posting

OP
OP
JimParker256

JimParker256

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

THANKS folks! It finally got light enough to see, and sure enough, if you push the vent controller all the way to the right, it blocks off the airflow. Hooray!

olderbudwiser

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lincoln Corsair, 2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
THANKS folks! It finally got light enough to see, and sure enough, if you push the vent controller all the way to the right, it blocks off the airflow. Hooray!
Now share with your wife you had to make a special modification to make her happy. ;)

Cromwell

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

This is good information to have. In the summer I like air on my face, but my wife hates it. In winter we both want heat on the feet.

Sponsored

Micheal

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Micheal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Escape Hy, 2014 Escape, 2022 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Seems like you found your answer in other posts. I have a Lariat with moon roof. I like air flowing too. I've found that with the moon roof open to vent, and the back window open about an inch, I get a nice breeze moving around the truck with the heater blowing on my feet.

OP
OP
JimParker256

JimParker256

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Seems like you found your answer in other posts. I have a Lariat with moon roof. I like air flowing too. I've found that with the moon roof open to vent, and the back window open about an inch, I get a nice breeze moving around the truck with the heater blowing on my feet.
I took a 3-day trip in the Maverick this week (just got home). I tried the combo of moonroof and rear slider open, and liked it.

Went from hot enough to require AC on full-blast on Monday to thunderstorms (bad enough to pull off the road under a portico for a while) on Tuesday, to overcast and needing to use the heater today... I'm happy to report that A/C and heat are more than adequate, and that the windshield wipers work really well - clear a wide swath of the windshield.
Sponsored