First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I don't even have 100 miles on the truck so I'm still figuring it all out. Took it on the highway today and the lane keep seemed to shut off when I took the cruise control off. Is this right? If so is there a way around it?
Sponsored

Jdub

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeffery
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I found that Lane Keeping Assistance will only work after you hit 40 mph. If your turn signal is on it will not activate. Make sure that you pushed the button on the end of your turn signal so the icon shows on your display.

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Hybrid Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Also noticed if it can't read the lines, it goes off, it turns green when its active, orange when your out of lane and white if its not active for whatever reason. There are sensitivity settings in the menu if you want to play with those., Turn signal arm has the on and off button on the end of it.

MLA62563

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord, Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I certainly don't think it's right. Mine absolutely works with or without cruise turned on. I don't know of any setting that might effect it....but then it's all pretty new to me too.

Dallas Maverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Lane keeping, or Lane centering?

My Lane centering only works when cruise is on. (I also have a lariat)

Lane keeping should work the rest of the time if it is engaged (turned on)

The lane Keeping button is on the end of the turn signal stalk. When it's turned on, you'll see the lane keeping icon in the top left hand corner of the screen.
Ford Maverick Lane Keep only works with cruise on? 1655485287235

The Lane centering button is on the steering wheel under the following distance adjust button (left side)
Ford Maverick Lane Keep only works with cruise on? 1655485342838

Sponsored

OP
OP
PDM33

PDM33

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

The lane Keeping button is on the end of the turn signal stalk. When it's turned on, you'll see the lane keeping icon in the top left hand corner of the screen.
1655485287235.png

The Lane centering button is on the steering wheel under the following distance adjust button (left side)
1655485342838.png
THAT makes sense! I may have hit the button on the end of the stalk and turned of off. I was assuming the button the steering wheel worked both. I will try again later

Thanks!

Reactions: bgn
OP
OP
PDM33

PDM33

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

SO Lane Centering is the one that I want to work all the time. My 2019 Accord would keep you centered in the lane as long as you were over 40, regardless of cruise control.

Do you think this is something that ForScan could fix??

Dallas Maverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

SO Lane Centering is the one that I want to work all the time. My 2019 Accord would keep you centered in the lane as long as you were over 40, regardless of cruise control.

Do you think this is something that ForScan could fix??
That I don't know.

I'm not familiar with Hondas, so I did a quick Google search.

One of the features included in Honda Sensing® is the Honda Lane Keeping Assist System (LKAS). What is Lane Keep Assist? Its primary function is to watch the road and notify you if you begin to drift from your lane, so you can take corrective action. Read on to learn more about this system and how it can help keep you safe on Cody roads!
To me, this just sounds like Lane keeping, not lane centering. The Ford system will nudge you back into the right spot, you just need to make sure to turn it on.​
Ford Maverick Lane Keep only works with cruise on? 1655490975402

Ford Maverick Lane Keep only works with cruise on? 1655491005308

Make sure to read more in the manual.

OP
OP
PDM33

PDM33

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That I don't know.

I'm not familiar with Hondas, so I did a quick Google search.
One of the features included in Honda Sensing® is the Honda Lane Keeping Assist System (LKAS). What is Lane Keep Assist? Its primary function is to watch the road and notify you if you begin to drift from your lane, so you can take corrective action. Read on to learn more about this system and how it can help keep you safe on Cody roads!
To me, this just sounds like Lane keeping, not lane centering. The Ford system will nudge you back into the right spot, you just need to make sure to turn it on.​
1655490975402.png

1655491005308.png

Make sure to read more in the manual.
I know that's what it SAYS but it is definitely more of a Lane Centering. The Ford Lane Keep (with aid) kinda ping pongs you from side to side in the lane if you are not applying much pressure to the wheel. The Honda LKAS system keeps you centered and will navigate small turns in the road by itself.

I know, I know I need to keep my hands on the wheels and my eyes on the road I understand that. I'm just use to driving to work everyday with just a finger on the wheel applying light pressure and the car does the rest, which is what the Ford Lane Centering does.

I will go over and ask for the ForScan guys if they have heard anything about turning that on without cruise.

Dallas Maverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I know what you're saying and I do the same thing.

I use adaptive cruise on my commute to and from work everyday and I turn it on almost instantly. I think that's the best we've got right now...

Sponsored

kcamp317

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Ford Escape Titanium Hybrid 16 Ford Escape SE
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It took a minute to get used to that system on my wife's 2020 Escape. It works the same, only seems to be active over that 40mph mark. What's really scary the first time is the adaptive cruise and letting it do the work of slowing you down and coming to a stop. Not easy to trust it at first.

SkeeterB

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat Lux, 4K, FX4, 360, Velocity Blue
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
After you come to trust the start/stop feature of adaptive cruise please remember if for some reason you touch the brake, it will turn off and the Mav WILL NOT stop or slow down when approaching another car. In other words, be sure it is still active as you come up to a light or stopped car. You can set the lane spacing from 1 to 4. 4 is a more gradual slow down, but takes forever to start up again. 1 is like NASCAR stopping but still too slow starting.

OP
OP
PDM33

PDM33

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
After you come to trust the start/stop feature of adaptive cruise please remember if for some reason you touch the brake, it will turn off and the Mav WILL NOT stop or slow down when approaching another car. In other words, be sure it is still active as you come up to a light or stopped car. You can set the lane spacing from 1 to 4. 4 is a more gradual slow down, but takes forever to start up again. 1 is like NASCAR stopping but still too slow starting.
That’s not new, if you hit the brake with ANY cruise control it stops working. ACC is no different.

SkeeterB

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat Lux, 4K, FX4, 360, Velocity Blue
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Absolutely, my point is if you forgot you touched the brake and think your Mav will slow and stop when necessary, IT WON'T.

Eagle11

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'07 Boxster S, 2018 BMW M5, Ducati's, Suzuki's
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I certainly don't think it's right. Mine absolutely works with or without cruise turned on. I don't know of any setting that might effect it....but then it's all pretty new to me too.
Same here, works with and without cruise on
Sponsored