Sponsored

Mika

First Name
Mika
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT
Just installed a ladder rack on my XLT now it’s a work truck! Lots of modification needed, welding cutting and grinding to get it to fit.

Ford I wish the bed rails were more friendly to truck bed accessories. Only the expensive Yakima racks fit out the box that I know of. Also wish rails on top of the cab were installed to make it easy to add too. It’s a truck and we want to use it to carry stuff otherwise we would be in a sedan! Also just wanna say I absolutely love my Maverick except for that.

Updated 10/26 with more photos and details:

This is how we got it to fit!! -- I bought a universal rack for my truck rated to carry 1000lbs. We needed to cut and weld back together the clamps to make them fit. We had to shorten the height of the rack by sawing off about 6” from each of the vertical pieces then drilled new holes. This part was difficult as the parts are not straight for measuring or clamping in the drill press. We welded the top side pieces also as the verticals closest to the cab went right over the seem which were supposed to have a bolted clamp holding them together.

Then it was a case of bolting it all together. It took about 6 hours. Feels pretty solid.

The ladder pic is with a 24’ ladder. Getting my 28’ on it soon.

Ford Maverick 🪜 Custom Ladder Rack installed on 2022 Maverick [1k lbs capacity] Ladder Rack 2022 Ford Maverick

Ford Maverick 🪜 Custom Ladder Rack installed on 2022 Maverick [1k lbs capacity] 2022 Ford Maverick ladder rack custom build rig 6

Ford Maverick 🪜 Custom Ladder Rack installed on 2022 Maverick [1k lbs capacity] 2022 Ford Maverick ladder rack custom build rig 8

Ford Maverick 🪜 Custom Ladder Rack installed on 2022 Maverick [1k lbs capacity] 2022 Ford Maverick ladder rack custom build rig 7

Ford Maverick 🪜 Custom Ladder Rack installed on 2022 Maverick [1k lbs capacity] 2022 Ford Maverick ladder rack custom build rig 9

Ford Maverick 🪜 Custom Ladder Rack installed on 2022 Maverick [1k lbs capacity] 2022 Ford Maverick ladder rack custom build rig 3

Ford Maverick 🪜 Custom Ladder Rack installed on 2022 Maverick [1k lbs capacity] 2022 Ford Maverick ladder rack custom build rig 5

Ford Maverick 🪜 Custom Ladder Rack installed on 2022 Maverick [1k lbs capacity] 2022 Ford Maverick ladder rack custom build rig 4

Ford Maverick 🪜 Custom Ladder Rack installed on 2022 Maverick [1k lbs capacity] 2022 Ford Maverick ladder rack custom build rig 1

Ford Maverick 🪜 Custom Ladder Rack installed on 2022 Maverick [1k lbs capacity] 2022 Ford Maverick ladder rack custom build rig 2
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

HiHo_Silver

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT - Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I think that really looks sharp and very professional. What rack did you start with to modify?

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I think that really looks sharp and very professional. What rack did you start with to modify?
Looks like my harbor freight 289.00 one (4 years ago), Chinese imports northern tool and others have them. Are made for universal fit and will require flex bedding workout. I have one on frontier. Was afraid of it's short bed but worked great only carry two ladders one 28'. I think I would cut front over hang little shorter but if you have 28'/32' fiberglass ladder = nope. Just watch weight on front closely. Dam, may have to go buy 3rd XLT.

Sponsored

Stevospeedo

Banned
Banned
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat AWD FX4 4K Towing 245/65R17 Falken WP A/T3W
Just installed a ladder rack on my XLT now it’s a work truck! Lots of modification needed, welding cutting and grinding to get it to fit.

Ford I wish the bed rails were more friendly to truck bed accessories. Only the expensive Yakima racks fit out the box that I know of. Also wish rails on top of the cab were installed to make it easy to add too. It’s a truck and we want to use it to carry stuff otherwise we would be in a sedan! Also just wanna say I absolutely love my Maverick except for that.

Ladder Rack 2022 Ford Maverick.jpeg
Now just have to swap those wheels out for some XL steelies to complete the look 😆

HiHo_Silver

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT - Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks for the Info, I sometimes need to haul 12 or 14 foot lumber and was looking for a solution. Do you think this rack can be used with a tonneau cover?

atomguy245

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet Bolt EUV, Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Nice. How does that work over the cab? does anything support it? What is the weight limit?

Sponsored
OP
OP

Mika

First Name
Mika
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT
Updated with more photos and details:

This is how we got it to fit!! -- I bought a universal rack for my truck rated to carry 1000lbs. We needed to cut and weld back together the clamps to make them fit. We had to shorten the height of the rack by sawing off about 6” from each of the vertical pieces then drilled new holes. This part was difficult as the parts are not straight for measuring or clamping in the drill press. We welded the top side pieces also as the verticals closest to the cab went right over the seem which were supposed to have a bolted clamp holding them together.

Then it was a case of bolting it all together. It took about 6 hours. Feels pretty solid.

Ford Maverick 🪜 Custom Ladder Rack installed on 2022 Maverick [1k lbs capacity] 2022 Ford Maverick ladder rack custom build rig 6

The Weatherman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux FX4 4K x 2
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Updated 10/26 with more photos and details:

Ford Maverick 🪜 Custom Ladder Rack installed on 2022 Maverick [1k lbs capacity] {filename}

Ford Maverick 🪜 Custom Ladder Rack installed on 2022 Maverick [1k lbs capacity] {filename}

Did you have to narrow the the width of the rack to mount on narrower bed? If so how much and how many places? If not, how come? The web says it’s 60” wide and I think the bed is less than that, right?

Bw4tt

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford F250 work truck
Thank you so much for this post! I've been day dreaming of how I would make this work and now I don't have to!

Reactions: mdh

Ribwich

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick, Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It's great that you were able to make those modifications to get it all to fit, but when you were done did you stand back and say "That's not going anywhere"? I'd also accept "That ain't goin' nowhere."

hikonhui

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
kon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
tundra
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Don't forget to shoot some rustoleum to the bolt heads and connection points. Its going to rust, and it will rust.
Sponsored