Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Breakout, 21 Road King Special, 22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Maybe they’re still having issues wi

none of those hybrids are FEs.
That true, I didn't see any FEs either. I do hope that Ford will get some of those built because when you slap FE on vehicle you kinda expect it to come near the head of the pack. We know they can make them because I've seen a video of FE so there's at least one out there!
Sponsored

yakefu

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I can understand that some of the forum members feel fooled by Ford. I'm one of those. I need a car for our family. Then I saw the Ford Maverick videos on YouTube. I was attracted by Hybrid,40 mpg, under 20k and etc. So I'm in and ordered one(XLT+Luxury+Co360+Moonroof). But now, I'm stuck here. I don't know when I can get my truck. I don't know whether I should shop for another car. It's like you enter a Boba milk tea shop(I'm Asian), they have 1 dollar Boba Milk Tea on the sign in front of the door. When you order one, you have to wait for them to make it. But other customers who pay for extra Boba have it before you.

mamboman777

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Focus, 2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I can understand that some of the forum members feel fooled by Ford. I'm one of those. I need a car for our family. Then I saw the Ford Maverick videos on YouTube. I was attracted by Hybrid,40 mpg, under 20k and etc. So I'm in and ordered one(XLT+Luxury+Co360+Moonroof). But now, I'm stuck here. I don't know when I can get my truck. I don't know whether I should shop for another car. It's like you enter a Boba milk tea shop(I'm Asian), they have 1 dollar Boba Milk Tea on the sign in front of the door. When you order one, you have to wait for them to make it. But other customers who pay for extra Boba have it before you.
... And then the customers who ordered extra boba call you "whiney" or "impatient" or "childish" when you politely asking "what about my order?"

😐

Last edited:

r100gs91

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Cactus Grey Hybrid- XLT w/Lux-2021 BMW F900xr
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
All the initial hype was for the Hybrid. Yet they seem to not want to produce the ratio of Hybrids, that the public has initially desired. Ford got caught with their pants down big time.

r100gs91

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Cactus Grey Hybrid- XLT w/Lux-2021 BMW F900xr
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Perfectly happy to encourage all the complainers to cancel their orders because then maybe I’ll get mine sooner 😉
Doubt that. The dealer will now have that vehicle to sell with ADM.

Sponsored

SgtLip

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lexus ES300h Ultra Luxury

I counted 58 on this spreadsheet.
I can't see where you are finding FE's in this spreadsheet. Is there a column or two hiding somewhere? You can count Hybrids but that is about it. What am I missing?

brnpttmn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Doubt that. The dealer will now have that vehicle to sell with ADM.
If you cancel before it's scheduled I don't think the dealer gets it. I just think it doesn't get built. At least that's what my dealer told me.

SgtLip

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lexus ES300h Ultra Luxury
If you cancel before it's scheduled I don't think the dealer gets it. I just think it doesn't get built. At least that's what my dealer told me.
How would you know the Dealer actually canceled it out of the system? Do they send you a canceled DORA? You call the dealer and cancel, he says okay. You wouldn't know and all you ecoboost orders would still get less because the dealers never really canceled.

brnpttmn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
How would you know the Dealer actually canceled it out of the system? Do they send you a canceled DORA? You call the dealer and cancel, he says okay. You wouldn't know and all you ecoboost orders would still get less because the dealers never really canceled.
I guess they could, but they'd have to change the email/purchaser, and it's my understanding that "faking" retail orders can get them in trouble with Ford.

Pairof98s

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ram 1500, 2020 4Runner
Then show us retail hybrid orders scheduled NOT Ecoboost!!! I don't think FORD can delivery any hybrids until Winter NOT Fall, then prove me wrong!!!! Probably Spring 2022!!! I hope someone from FORD is listening to their consumers!!!!
Some of you guys are acting like these Mavericks are sitting in an Amazon warehouse and you are looking for 2 day delivery. 22Mav is right, Ford advertised Fall delivery and it is not yet Fall. Those of us that ordered early were very insightful to Ford on the mix of options that would be needed, so they likely waited until they had retail orders to place orders with their suppliers. They will schedule those trucks that they can build complete, so if something you ordered is not available to Ford, it is not available to you. We are still in a global supply chain crisis and I’m impressed they are producing what they are.

Sponsored

Swami37

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Bronco and 2020 F150 FX4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Exactly.. After I placed my order with my dealer. First thing I asked was.. When should I expect to see it next year?
He said earliest mid November latest end of January

HPR

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Here's an idea, build all the hybrids now and put them in a parking lot waiting for parts!! Then you can have your VIN.

Ford Maverick Lack of retail production for  First Edition and Hybrid Maverick Sea-of-Ford-F-150-pickups-Getty-3

22Mav

Banned
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT/Lariat.. Undecided still :O
Found the exact bulletin that FORD issued to DEALERS back on July 31st:

• The Hybrid engine is limited to 35% of August/September/October production for the Maverick
    • The long-term production of 2022 model year will be a 40% mix of Hybrid
    • Currently 100% of hybrid engines will go to fulfill customer orders.

According to the reddit doc I previously linked, that very small sample pool is showing ~30% of all scheduled builds are hybrids, that's not too far off from the numbers FORD gave.

Anyone with a HYBRID order, not yet scheduled, you'll have just a 35% chance until END OF OCTOBER. Then your odds should go up to ~40%, that is unless FORD issues updated production expectations, and also assumes you don't have any late-avail or constrained accessories and add-ons.

Last edited:

Lone Star Proud

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The title of this thread should give you an idea that there may be some unhappy people posting here. If they want to rant a bit how does that effect your life? If you dont want to see these kind of post, don't click on this thread and move on. Problem solved.

22Mav

Banned
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT/Lariat.. Undecided still :O
The title of this thread should give you an idea that there may be some unhappy people posting here. If they want to rant a bit how does that effect your life? If you dont want to see these kind of post, don't click on this thread and move on. Problem solved.
The title of the thread is indeed inclined to welcome other grumblers.. but the truth is, it's also misleading. The First Edition is obviously going to come later, that has occurred on every other recent Ford product, they likely don't supply an excess of the special items required for that build. At some point, Ford will announce a cut-off for first edition ordering, then Ford will know exactly how many to get of the special decals and other unique FE components and batch them out. But the lie in this thread comes from those who pretend Ford isn't scheduling any hybrids. I'll link the only confirmed info. we have from Ford one more time in this thread, and as far as we know, Ford is still making good on this:

• The Hybrid engine is limited to 35% of August/September/October production for the Maverick
    • The long-term production of 2022 model year will be a 40% mix of Hybrid
    • Currently 100% of hybrid engines will go to fulfill customer orders.
Sponsored