2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I have the B&O upgraded audio, however looking to install a kicker hideaway sub to help fill out the sound some. I’ve seen other threads about using the front speakers wires to tap into for the subwoofer speaker inputs. I was wondering though, would it be possible to just tap into the existing B&O subwoofer speaker wires instead? That would mean combining the L and R + and then the L and R -.
Thoughts or problems with doing this?
Sponsored

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have the B&O upgraded audio, however looking to install a kicker hideaway sub to help fill out the sound some. I’ve seen other threads about using the front speakers wires to tap into for the subwoofer speaker inputs. I was wondering though, would it be possible to just tap into the existing B&O subwoofer speaker wires instead? That would mean combining the L and R + and then the L and R -.
Thoughts or problems with doing this?
Should work fine. I have mine tapped with a PAC APH-FD02 harness since I'm feeding both a discrete subwoofer amp and a Kicker Key for the fronts. That harness is kind of overkill for just a Hideaway and you could splice into the factory sub wiring if desired. You're connecting a mono source to a mono output so should only need to connect to one channel input on the Kicker; Left or Right.

Delbert

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 Forester, honda Accord Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This may be a little off topic but I expect the wires to the B&O sub are filtered by the head unit (ACM) to only deliver low frequency signal. Perfect for a sub. The filter is set by forscan codes in the ACM module. In the Broncos forum they found the codes but they do not work for the Maverick. If someone with the B&O system is playing with forscan it would be great if they could post their ACM codes on this site. I'd like to unlock the potential in the factory sound system.

dedMann

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FX4/LUX,60 Bug,ElementSC 5mt,Buell XB12X,BICYCLES!
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
This may be a little off topic but I expect the wires to the B&O sub are filtered by the head unit (ACM) to only deliver low frequency signal. Perfect for a sub. The filter is set by forscan codes in the ACM module. In the Broncos forum they found the codes but they do not work for the Maverick. If someone with the B&O system is playing with forscan it would be great if they could post their ACM codes on this site. I'd like to unlock the potential in the factory sound system.
I'm interested as well. I tip-toed across this:
https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/f...tion-gathering-thread.3748/page-5#post-294215

Delbert

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Finding those B&O forscan ACM codes would really unlock the sound system. I'll test them out if anyone can post them.

Sponsored

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Finding those B&O forscan ACM codes would really unlock the sound system. I'll test them out if anyone can post them.
Don't forget the B&O system is a completely different radio than the lower trims. So any Sync 3 radio module codes might not be cross-compatible with the Connected Touch Radio setup.

Delbert

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
the lower trims have connected touch. Sync 3 is only on the Lariat Lux from my understanding. But you are right the different radios have different ACM's That's why the codes from the Bronco did not work. This is all trial and error, and probably a fool's errand but it is so much fun.
Sponsored