First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda B3000 Dual Sport, Lincoln MKZ Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
They want $75 (over $80 after tax) for a filter that is going to cause your vehicle a CHECK ENGINE light and deteriorate the MAF sensor? GUD LAWD!!!

They're definitely off their rockers...I'll pass.
Sponsored

z28th1s

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Maverick XLT, '72 Maverick, '87 Mustang GT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
They want $75 (over $80 after tax) for a filter that is going to cause your vehicle a CHECK ENGINE light and deteriorate the MAF sensor? GUD LAWD!!!

They're definitely off their rockers...I'll pass.

z28th1s

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have been using K&N filters on almost all of my cars for 30+ years.

I clean them and re-oil them once a year. I have put MANY, MANY miles on them and never had ANY check engine lights related to a K&N filter.

Most of mine have cost $40-$50 and they have paid for themselves over the life of my cars.

Sponsored

Mavreezy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda B3000 Dual Sport, Lincoln MKZ Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

I clean them and re-oil them once a year. I have put MANY, MANY miles on them and never had ANY check engine lights related to a K&N filter.

Most of mine have cost $40-$50 and they have paid for themselves over the life of my cars.
I'm not knocking your choice. If it works for you, keep riding it. 👍

My issue with it is the astronomical price they are charging for it to add little to no benefit.

I've used K&N, AFE, high-end FIPK's, etc on a lot of my vehicles and to me they all have been snake oil. From "MY" experience, they provide no benefits. The OEM filters do just as good of a job or even better. The only benefits of aftermarket drop-in filters or FIPK's would be on high performance vehicles with internal mods in the engine and ECU calibration to have a everything operating at its highest level. But on a Hybrid Maverick for $80 plus dollars? No way Jose...

Again, go with whatever works for you.

Last edited:

TRUCKHEF

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Given the fact that the gasoline engine is only running about 50-60% of the time and it's not really responsive as a performance engine I hardly see this as a "worth the money" investment that will net any noticeable results in either acceleration or fuel economy.

It might be good if you never want to buy a filter again, but given mainstream replacement filters can be gotten for $10-12 on Rock Auto and only need replacement every 20-30k miles it just makes little sense to me.

If it's about showing off the K&N sticker on your back window, they can be gotten on Ebay ;)
Ford Maverick K&N Air Filter for Hybrid Maverick 2.5L now available! Part: 33-5122 K&N ol7on8ex28tpmt8dhie8rs&ep=v1_gifs_search&rid=giphy

Chris_G

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C-6 Corvette
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Given the fact that the gasoline engine is only running about 50-60% of the time and it's not really responsive as a performance engine I hardly see this as a "worth the money" investment that will net any noticeable results in either acceleration or fuel economy.

It might be good if you never want to buy a filter again, but given mainstream replacement filters can be gotten for $10-12 on Rock Auto and only need replacement every 20-30k miles it just makes little sense to me.

If it's about showing off the K&N sticker on your back window, they can be gotten on Ebay ;)
Don't forget the 30HP gain!

rognus

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid, Subaru Impreza
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
RockAuto has the Motorcraft FA1948 for $12.00 plus shipping. My Ford dealer wanted like $44.00 installed. Takes about 2 minutes to install.;)

Larrythelunatic

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
92 Toyota Pickup. 22 IS hybrid Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

With all due respect, Greg………..
We’re talking money here. So tell me……
How did they pay for themselves?

Sponsored

z28th1s

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
With all due respect, Greg………..
We’re talking money here. So tell me……
How did they pay for themselves?
The one's that I have bought cost between $40-$50.

If you replace your air filter once a year with a paper filter that costs around $15, in 3 to 4 years it will cost less than a paper filter.

If you drive a lot of miles or drive in dusty, dirty environments you should change the filter more often and the break even point would come even sooner.

Last edited:

Larrythelunatic

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
92 Toyota Pickup. 22 IS hybrid Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

The one's that I have bought cost between $40-$50.

If you replace your air filter once a year with a paper filter that costs around $15 in 3 to 4 years it will cost less than a paper filters

If you drive a lot of miles or drive in dusty, dirty environments you should change the filter more often and the break even point would come even sooner.
Gotcha!
Thanks!

Guv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Engine
Undecided
30,000 could be a long time, and if you live in a polluted area the filter will definitely clog before that. I still think every 10,000 or once a year is the best bet.
Our 2014 C Max had 90,000 plus miles when I changed it, the C Max is a particular pain to do. Absolutely no change in fuel mileage or performance, hell, it wasn’t even that dirty.
Stock air filters and their housings are pretty hard to beat.
Sponsored