Sponsored

Just picked up my FX4 Lariat this morning! Highly recommend Walnut Creek Ford if you’re in the area.

jcsan18

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Yeah, I’m really impressed so far. That being said, I’ve only had it for a day and driven 80 miles so something could come up further down the line. I will say I have had a Fusion with a 2.0 EB that didn’t hit the EPA numbers. Hopefully the Maverick is different.
I'm not too worried. Every Ford I've had has hit EPA numbers. Even if it falls slightly short of EPA numbers (which shouldn't, since now the numbers have to be closer to the projection) it'll still be higher than my Jeep.
Sponsored

Mabcim

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick Lariat 2.0 AWD; 20 Escape SEL 2.0 AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

No rear defroster that I can see, and no button for one either. I’ll report back if I find differently. Perhaps the button for the front activates the rear too? For now I’d say there isn’t one.
Thanks for the reply. Maybe it will be added for Job 2.

inthecabin

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat FX4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

An electric rear window defroster is tough to do on the slider part, my Ranger only does the stationary part. So they probably eliminated it because of that they advertise electric slider and would be an expectation..

Hope4jsl

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat Lux Ecoboost
How is the Sync 3 system in the Lariat? I haven’t seen any videos of it and I have never owned a Ford. I have only seen videos of the screens in the lower trims, which the Lariat advertises the Sync 3 upgrade…

Does it show any of the truck settings, or just music and other apps? Does it show any of the A/C controls on the screen as your adjust them? I have seen this on other fords before…

Hope4jsl

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat Lux Ecoboost
Thank you!

The rotary shifter doesn’t have a stop like on other Fords I’ve driven, and will keep rotating after P or D.
That is very strange… does the rotary knob have any kind of stops or clicks that you can feel as you turn the knob? Or, do you have to be looking down at the lights every time you turn the knob to see where are you are? I was hoping you could just eventually turn it without looking too close once you got used to it…

What happens if it turns past the P or D mode? Does it start back over on the other side, or does just stay in the last option? Hope that makes sense…

Sponsored

Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element/ Toyota Highlander
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
How is the Sync 3 system in the Lariat? I haven’t seen any videos of it and I have never owned a Ford. I have only seen videos of the screens in the lower trims, which the Lariat advertises the Sync 3 upgrade…

Does it show any of the truck settings, or just music and other apps? Does it show any of the A/C controls on the screen as your adjust them? I have seen this on other fords before…
Both the XLT / Lariat that I drove show the fan adjustment in real time on the screen which was cool but not sure what else it does as far as actual truck settings -

vezpa

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
EMG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too many to list.
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I've asked the dealer in Dixon to remove the FX4 sticker on the rear side, but it looking at your truck, it doesn't seem too intrusive and it breaks up the monotone of the Area 51 color. You have any of those thoughts, and if so, you still having them?

Use a hair dryer if you do remove the decals yourself. The heat will make it peel right off. I have the same hair dryer I bought at Walgreens 21 years ago to remove the decals from my Suzuki GSXR1000. I cant count the amount of decals I have used it to remove over the years lol

OP
OP
maverickfx4

maverickfx4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick

It’s alright. It’s the same as what I had in a 2017 Fusion, so a bit unfortunate we don’t get Sync 4. That being said, I’ve never had Sync 4 so I don’t find it lacking at all. It does show A/C controls; in the Ford screen you’re able to change truck settings and such but tbh I rarely use the native Sync interface. I mostly use Apple Carplay and don’t really bother with anything else.

OP
OP
maverickfx4

maverickfx4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
That is very strange… does the rotary knob have any kind of stops or clicks that you can feel as you turn the knob? Or, do you have to be looking down at the lights every time you turn the knob to see where are you are? I was hoping you could just eventually turn it without looking too close once you got used to it…

What happens if it turns past the P or D mode? Does it start back over on the other side, or does just stay in the last option? Hope that makes sense…
It’s definitely a weird feeling. There are no hard stops or clicks, but you can feel soft stops at each gear. I think you could get used to it pretty quick — Park is the very left, drive is the very right. I only find myself looking for reverse, and barely after 100 miles of using it. If you turn it past either side, the wheel keeps going but it stays on the last option.

Benson

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Benson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thank you!

Good surprises: ride is more comfortable than I thought it’d be. The driver’s seat is super comfortable too. The Lariat interior is really nice; even the blue/brown seats. I got the upgraded B&O speakers — I’m not a sound snob, but I think they sound really good. The bed is also more spacious than I was expecting. Ground clearance was better in person than photos I’ve seen… must’ve been the angle!

Bad surprises: no rear defroster or garage door opener. I probably would’ve known this if I’d combed the latest build+price or manual, but it was a surprise all the same. The water bottle holders in the side of the door are a bit weird. If I put 3 normal sized bottles (500 mL) there, the 3rd one will fall out because the slot is too big. The rotary shifter doesn’t have a stop like on other Fords I’ve driven, and will keep rotating after P or D. The spare tire “well” under the bed doesn’t have a lot of room to fit a larger tire. We know 235/65/17 fits, but I don’t know if 245/65/17 will.

The tires are okay; decently quiet for an A/T tire. I think they look fine but I prefer a more aggressive tread for looks and performance. I’ll probably be getting 245/65/17 Wildpeaks once I recover from the down payment haha
so the rotary gear selector no safety feature to keep it from changing gears accidenly at any given time while driv8ng? Wow! I don’t like that thought at all! What if passengers hand accidently touched ii while they are moving about in their seat? Not good…I’m surprised Ford would not think of this.

Sponsored

Benson

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Benson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thank you!

Good surprises: ride is more comfortable than I thought it’d be. The driver’s seat is super comfortable too. The Lariat interior is really nice; even the blue/brown seats. I got the upgraded B&O speakers — I’m not a sound snob, but I think they sound really good. The bed is also more spacious than I was expecting. Ground clearance was better in person than photos I’ve seen… must’ve been the angle!

Bad surprises: no rear defroster or garage door opener. I probably would’ve known this if I’d combed the latest build+price or manual, but it was a surprise all the same. The water bottle holders in the side of the door are a bit weird. If I put 3 normal sized bottles (500 mL) there, the 3rd one will fall out because the slot is too big. The rotary shifter doesn’t have a stop like on other Fords I’ve driven, and will keep rotating after P or D. The spare tire “well” under the bed doesn’t have a lot of room to fit a larger tire. We know 235/65/17 fits, but I don’t know if 245/65/17 will.

The tires are okay; decently quiet for an A/T tire. I think they look fine but I prefer a more aggressive tread for looks and performance. I’ll probably be getting 245/65/17 Wildpeaks once I recover from the down payment haha
I have never had car that came with garage door opener……so I won’t miss.
But…no safety mechanism on the rotary shifter ? Ford missed on this point.

Benson

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Benson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That’s great!! It should hopefully arrive soon since Dixon isn’t too far. I love the FX4 sticker. You’re right, it breaks up Area 51 quite well and I think it does well with the paint color and tail lights. You should try to see one in person before you ask them to remove it. I’ll keep an eye out for you on the 680! 😂
I think the FX4 graphic looks good!

Stimpy433

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mavrick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
so the rotary gear selector no safety feature to keep it from changing gears accidenly at any given time while driv8ng? Wow! I don’t like that thought at all! What if passengers hand accidently touched ii while they are moving about in their seat? Not good…I’m surprised Ford would not think of this.
I’m sure it’s like every other car with rotary dial , once you are moving turning the shifter dial does nothing. I tried it I my Ram and also in our work cars…. Nothing happens, keeps idiots safe!!!

Hyfly11

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Hyrum
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Legacy
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ordered 6/14, scheduled late July for week of 9/13, built 9/18 and arrived 9/30 but I was out of town. Also wanted to give a huge shoutout to Mark at Walnut Creek Ford; MSRP, X-Plan, and college rebate accepted and completely painless transaction. Mark has been amazing and even came in on his day off so we could pick up our Mav a day early.

2.0 EB Lariat in Area 51 with 4k tow, lux package, and FX4 package.

So far we’re 80 miles in and we love it! Plenty of power; bed and backseat are much more spacious than expected. The Lariat interior is nicer than I thought it’d be, and the navy/brown actually works pretty well with Area 51. Happy to take additional photos if anyone is interested.

A123DB2C-C88F-4D8B-A71D-21A16609FED2.jpeg
74CF3B68-675D-4AA3-BD1F-78B3E4A163C1.jpeg
8DAB0E6A-3ECD-43F3-8063-CCAAAE8952B1.jpeg

F929CC7A-4C27-4BA6-B30B-ED48F3272E1D.jpeg
How does the B&O sound?

tebowed

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat FX4 2.0T
Ordered 6/14, scheduled late July for week of 9/13, built 9/18 and arrived 9/30 but I was out of town. Also wanted to give a huge shoutout to Mark at Walnut Creek Ford; MSRP, X-Plan, and college rebate accepted and completely painless transaction. Mark has been amazing and even came in on his day off so we could pick up our Mav a day early.

2.0 EB Lariat in Area 51 with 4k tow, lux package, and FX4 package.

So far we’re 80 miles in and we love it! Plenty of power; bed and backseat are much more spacious than expected. The Lariat interior is nicer than I thought it’d be, and the navy/brown actually works pretty well with Area 51. Happy to take additional photos if anyone is interested.

74CF3B68-675D-4AA3-BD1F-78B3E4A163C1.jpeg
8DAB0E6A-3ECD-43F3-8063-CCAAAE8952B1.jpeg
Wow, in those two pictures the factory tires look like hot garbage.
Sponsored