Sponsored

Just picked up Lariat AWD 4K 300 mile HWY Ga. To NC mpg

Toms

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat AWD
Ford Maverick Just picked up Lariat AWD 4K 300 mile HWY Ga. To NC mpg 145989F8-9FB5-46E2-9EC8-5EB7E599B807

Have not verified seemed crazy high. Will do a normal city highway combined next couple days. Still indicated 1/2 tank. Drove from Duluth Ga. straight to Asheboro NC with 1 stop.
This is the 2.0
Sponsored

Packer Bill

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-5
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Please do verify the mpg! With my Mazda CX-5, I always get better mpg than what my gauge on my dashboard indicates. I do wonder if the gauge in the Maverick is accurate or not...

Bushpilot

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Volt
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yowser, if that is true!!

UberGadgetFreak

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Marauder, 21 Bronco, 22 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Something else to check, too (ran into this on my Mustang):
Check the actual tire size, and use ForScan (When Maverick is supported) to see what it's set to (its in millimeters). If there is a mismatch, the mileage may report a few mpg off from real-world.

Sponsored

Packer Bill

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-5
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
This is awesome! I did the math...342 miles divided by 9.45 gallons...36.19 mpg!!

Darksider

Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Two
I think its the 317.8 divided by 9.458 which is 33.6 mpg with an average of 52 mph (bout the best speed you can be going for gas mileage). Which aint bad.

But dont get excited because we dont know if the odometer has been veified via GPS and we dont know if this was the same pump pointed same direction first and posted fill ups. So the data is just not there to make a conclusion.

Tbolt

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' EcoSport SES, 22' Lariat Lux FX4 Eco Mav
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
That is a pretty basic MPH dial. Does it have the option to switch from MPH to Kilometers?

OP
OP

Toms

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat AWD
I think its the 317.8 divided by 9.458 which is 33.6 mpg with an average of 52 mph (bout the best speed you can be going for gas mileage). Which aint bad.

But dont get excited because we dont know if the odometer has been veified via GPS and we dont know if this was the same pump pointed same direction first and posted fill ups. So the data is just not there to make a conclusion.
1-Gps Asheboro to Duluth Ga. Will show 306 miles so mileage was correct or close.
2-don’t know what you mean by same pump pointed same direction first and posted fill ups????

Sponsored

pxpaulx

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
1-Gps Asheboro to Duluth Ga. Will show 306 miles so mileage was correct or close.
2-don’t know what you mean by same pump pointed same direction first and posted fill ups????
I think they meant...sarcasm?

Darksider

Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Two
By gps I mean making sure the the miles traveled on the odometer matches what the GPS is says for distance. I use a speedometer/odometer app and compare. I believe the odometer is acceptable to some 10% either high or low form the factory so just cause it is new doesn't mean it indicates the correct mileage..

For a mpg test you will have to fill up at the same pump you made the start fill up at. Like doing a circle. The vehicle will have to be pointed in the same direction on both fill ups. This eliminates pump quantity calibrations which again could be off and still be in specs from one pump to another. Then the direction point is so you eliminate tank slope meaning if its sloped one way it will accept more than sloped another way.

MPG is a real scientific process and you have to eliminate all variables possible for the readings to have any real weight.

RogueCheddar

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 XLT Lux EB 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

By gps I mean making sure the the miles traveled on the odometer matches what the GPS is says for distance. I use a speedometer/odometer app and compare. I believe the odometer is acceptable to some 10% either high or low form the factory so just cause it is new doesn't mean it indicates the correct mileage..

For a mpg test you will have to fill up at the same pump you made the start fill up at. Like doing a circle. The vehicle will have to be pointed in the same direction on both fill ups. This eliminates pump quantity calibrations which again could be off and still be in specs from one pump to another. Then the direction point is so you eliminate tank slope meaning if its sloped one way it will accept more than sloped another way.

MPG is a real scientific process and you have to eliminate all variables possible for the readings to have any real weight.
Wow. there's a lot of overthinking going on here. these are ball park figures, of course you can go to those extremes but most people have far better things to do with their time. I grab the figures from the dash and do some quick math when I fill back up just to see how the 2 figures relate to each other, I have rarely seen any more than about 5% difference in any vehicle I've ever owned. My current Subaru is more like 2-3% difference with the car typically under-reading.

YMMV (literally)

Mainer500

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 STX, 2016 Ford Fiesta SE
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
That's 33.6 miles to the gallon. Pretty impressive for an unbroken in vehicle. Hope that holds true for all of us because if it does we can laugh and wave as we blow past our friends in their Hybrids;) just kidding (about the laughing and waving not the blowing past them part 😄

atomguy245

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet Bolt EUV, Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That's amazing. My 2017 Chevy Cruze will match it's 40mpg highway rating on a long enough trip, but is always below its 30mpg city rating. So if the Maverick is beating its rating, that would be great.
Sponsored