First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I just ordered my Lariat 2WD in Cactus Grey yesterday and can’t wait. I didn’t mind paying full sticker price because I know the dealerships will mark them up when they start coming in. Did you pay full price? Less?
Sponsored

CoryDallas8123

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A4, Chevy Chevelle SS, 2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I just ordered my Lariat 2WD in Cactus Grey yesterday and can’t wait. I didn’t mind paying full sticker price because I know the dealerships will mark them up when they start coming in. Did you pay full price? Less?
Brace yourself for the “4% under invoice” messages.

Catlady6

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avalon
Full price for my XLT with lux package and moon roof.

Sponsored

CoryDallas8123

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A4, Chevy Chevelle SS, 2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
99.99% of the time you will pay MSRP unless you ordered from Chapman and I believe one other.

Once these Mavs start arriving on dealer lots they will have pretty big dealer adjustments.

MSRP is standard for the Mav. I’d only suggest you ask about dealer fees.

slashy42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
They are like broken records, and can't seem to fathom there are reasons not to take that deal.

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Invoice for mine (~$750 off) but NY has lower doc fees plus it makes handling trade-in, sales tax credit, and registration transfer easier so in the end I'm not missing out too much.

Gabbydad

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
They are like broken records, and can't seem to fathom there are reasons not to take that deal.
I’ve got the luxury of living in his neighborhood. But more that the 4% (which allowed me to bump up to the Lariat), it was the high level of service and response that made me switch from a more local dealer. I’m sure these retail deals don’t spell a great commission for the sales staff, but hell, I want to have someone treat me like they want my business. I hadn’t gotten that on my first pass.

slashy42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
I’ve got the luxury of living in his neighborhood. But more that the 4% (which allowed me to bump up to the Lariat), it was the high level of service and response that made me switch from a more local dealer. I’m sure these retail deals don’t spell a great commission for the sales staff, but hell, I want to have someone treat me like they want my business. I hadn’t gotten that on my first pass.
There is more than just being concerned about the sales staff, and I honestly don't care. It's not my job to make sure the sales guy eats. I don't want to be out of pocket on the shipping cost. I can walk from my current deal if there is something I don't like and I won't have spent a dime. Also, while the price difference between retail and those deals can be big, the difference between x-plan and those deals isn't as big.

Sponsored

Gabbydad

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
There is more than just being concerned about the sales staff, and I honestly don't care. It's not my job to make sure the sales guy eats. I don't want to be out of pocket on the shipping cost. I can walk from my current deal if there is something I don't like and I won't have spent a dime. Also, while the price difference between retail and those deals can be big, the difference between x-plan and those deals isn't as big.
If I were out of state I wouldn’t have considered. Too much minutia.

Gmood1

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
G-man
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Optima
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have no intentions of paying full price for any vehicle.
My dealings start at invoice not MSRP.
I haven't found a vehicle I wanted so bad, I'd give more than invoice for.

I'll admit the mark up on the Maverick, isn't as bad as some vehicles I've come across over the years.

I just feel bad for the poor souls giving $5 to $10k over MSRP on some of the other vehicles out there.
Once this chip shortage gets under control.
Those folks will be so far underwater, they'll be carrying that debt through several vehicle trade-ins.Unless they pay them completely off beforehand.
Sponsored