First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The warranty on what? The entire vehicle? They have to show that the larger tires caused the problem which will not be covered under warranty. All your Magnuson-Moss Act shows is that corporations now run this country.
I would guess it could be used to invalidate claims for the entire drivetrain or body damage if the tires hit the wheel well. It would likely depend on the dealer but it's something to be aware of. Ford isn't going to pay to replace blown CV joints if bubba lifts it 6" and puts on tires 3" larger in diameter than spec. You can't blame them. How hard it's enforced is a matter of interpretation but I wouldn't hold my breath.
Sponsored

Mllombardi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XL
Engine
Undecided
What I read: if you can afford to chance making repairs without ford paying for them you can make your vehicle pretty awesome.

Last edited:

Mike

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Ranger F350’s
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I don't get why people buy a purpose-built and marketed cost-efficient truck and then spend thousands on wheels and tires. lol

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Absolutely no one is talking about lifting their Maverick 6" or putting on tires 3" larger than spec. My tires are 1/2" bigger. Some people have gotten 245/70R17 to fit which are 1" larger. Imagine if Jeep started not honoring warranties because people put on bigger tires...

Invalidating claims for the entire drivetrain would be a huge stretch and would result in a massive amount of lawsuits against Ford. If your larger tires hit the wheel well that is a no brainer. Maybe we should also be letting people know if they hang an air freshener from their rear view mirror their entire warranty is now VOID!
Hey I'm just relaying what's in the warranty document I read. Like I said it's a matter of interpretation. But they have to write the warranty to cover for the bubba situation.

CLH917

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I don't get why people buy a purpose-built and marketed cost-efficient truck and then spend thousands on wheels and tires. lol
That’s a bit of an exaggeration. Sure there are several people that will spend up to 50% and beyond of their vehicles value in aftermarket modifications to make it their own. I’d say that’s certainly a pretty small group. Hell there are people that put 50k into 30 year old civics and make race cars out of them.

I don’t find it hard to understand why someone would spend a few hundred dollars on proper tires, however. I have the same tires in the same size as the original poster that you can get for under $700 if you shop a deal. There a numerous tire shops that will pay you $50-$100 per tire for the factory OEM Pirelli tire. So if your lifestyle necessetitates some frequent off-road use and/or you experience inclement weather regularly, you’d be silly not to get rid of those sub par factory tires. I would have gladly paid Ford $300-$400 on the builder to do it themselves just like you and others tacked on options you felt necessary.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Area51Lariatfx4

Area51Lariatfx4

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat FX4 Area 51
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I’m glad you like your truck Mike! I’m happy for you. But those tiny pirellis just had to go. Some people like to keep it stock, some people likes to spice things up a bit either for looks or for purpose. And that’s the way it is. Either you do it or you don’t. Simple as that

Mllombardi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XL
Engine
Undecided
I see the maverick as a blank slate that can be whatever the owner wants it to be. Ford gave us a vehicle that is adaptable to be just what so many people want and because of the starting price it can be easy to make it your own with less than $3000 in modifications. Ford encourages you with ideas. A maverick begs to be customized just like a wrangler does.

Might a modification void part of the warranty? If that keeps you up a night don’t do it. There are so many great ideas on this forum and I respect the direction anyone goes to enjoy their truck.
Personally, when my 235/65’s need replacement the 245/70’s are going on.
Area51… nice truck.

Last edited:

Mike

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Ranger F350’s
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Options for lifts and big tires are minuscule compared to body on frame. Plus AT tires kinda look silly on a unibody.

put on some Michelin Defender LTX and done.

Atisko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan rogue
I am surprised that those aren't rubbing based on how much they fill up the wheel well. I test fitted 245/70R17 Falken Wildpeak A/T3W and they weren't even close. They were rubbing the wheel wells a lot . It also did not fit in the spare tire area. I went down to 245/65R17 and the fit nicely. I would be curious to know how these fit with no rubbing and a similar tire isn't even close in the same size. It does appear the Falken's have a more aggressive shoulder block and side grabbers which may be the difference.
Surprise you had trouble with 245/70 R 17 you’ll see another post with 245/60R-18 not lifted functioning with no problems…🤔

Sponsored

CLH917

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Surprise you had trouble with 245/70 R 17 you’ll see another post with 245/60R-18 not lifted functioning with no problems…🤔
A 245/60r18 is .9" inches smaller in diameter than a 245/70r17.

TE37Mav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Options for lifts and big tires are minuscule compared to body on frame. Plus AT tires kinda look silly on a unibody.

put on some Michelin Defender LTX and done.
[QUOTE="Mike, post:

Why do you care so much what others do?
They paid for it if they want lift,lower what ever they want is there choice.

Last edited:

Mike

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Ranger F350’s
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
[QUOTE="Mike, post:

Why do you care so much what others do?
They paid for it if they want lift,lower what ever they want is there choice.
I guess. But if you put on Look at Me wheels/tires and then post pics on the internet you should probably expect comments.

Atisko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan rogue
A 245/60r18 is .9" inches smaller in diameter than a 245/70r17.
probably a 1 inch lift in the front would make it functional . The higher you lift the more likely you are to encounter creating other issues .I’m sure there’s also a bit of variation from tire to tire brand.

JSanchez

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 Suburban C1500
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Those look great! Will likely be going with those of I can't get a set of Wildpeaks from the dealer (which I doubt). The baby Pirellis gotta go, definitely not an FX4 tire.
The Expedition FX4 had a sorry excuse for a tire. I’m grateful for the Pirellis. Just saying
Sponsored