Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick FX4, Harley Road King Classic
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Speaking of which .....
I was lucky to get a set of Wildpeaks
Now...., I have a set of Pirellis for sale .......... and a set of XL standard Continentals🤔
Great...just what I needed, floor to ceiling new tires.........Hello craigslist
Just worked out a deal today with my dealer to install the Toyo AT3 235's before I take delivery. Luckily the 225's are an exact fit for my wife's RAV4, so will probably get the Pirellis as there'll be no (on purpose) off-roading there. Yeah, I was already thinking where I'm gonna fit them in the garage!! 🙄
Sponsored

ReddWulf

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Anything larger than what’s listed on the sticker in your door jamb.
Or was not at least an optional tire on same model....ie 235/65R17 vice 225/65R17. They'd have a hard time saying the same tire that was also spec'd on the vehicle caused it to fail. Now, I'm a little more worried about the "cell phone" mod voiding my warranty!! 😆

ReddWulf

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
F5176E49-83A9-4364-B4B1-10F71FB06250.jpeg
FC72A5AB-0B6B-4440-84E2-86ED1B69F48B.jpeg

I’m planning on painting the hook, just debating which color. Red or Fluorescent green
Personally, I"m going with a Lime Green color (not quite fluorescent) but I'm also replacing my stock FX4 Decal with one like in my profile pic and adding a green trimmed shackle on the tow hitch. It is proving to be harder to find than I thought. Plastidip makes a Blaze Green and a Sublime Green (they one I'd use) but the latter seemingly vanished. Or if I really want to get carried away.....hahaha
Ford Maverick Toyo Open Country AT3 245/70r17 1637185660460

Sponsored

OP
OP
Area51Lariatfx4

Area51Lariatfx4

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat FX4 Area 51
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Personally, I"m going with a Lime Green color (not quite fluorescent) but I'm also replacing my stock FX4 Decal with one like in my profile pic and adding a green trimmed shackle on the tow hitch. It is proving to be harder to find than I thought. Plastidip makes a Blaze Green and a Sublime Green (they one I'd use) but the latter seemingly vanished. Or if I really want to get carried away.....hahaha
1637185660460.png
That’ll look good for sure

OP
OP
Area51Lariatfx4

Area51Lariatfx4

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Nope, just taped off with some plastic drop cloth and sprayed in my garage.
I was thinking the same thing. Because taking off the hook takes quite a bit of work

ReddWulf

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Nope, just taped off with some plastic drop cloth and sprayed in my garage.
That's what I'm going to do as well. After seeing what it took to get those tow hooks out, I think it's a lot less pain to just do the prep & tape work. Crazy how they mounted those hooks, but I guess makes sense with the unibody.

Sponsored

TE37Mav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Not necessarily... It depends on the width. If I have 225 or 275, 55% would be different numbers. Main problem is I don't know what the max size diameter of wheel plus tire is that won't rub or cause problems. Ford should be providing these numbers but they don't. We have to guess and that's bullshit.
Is there any manufacture that gives you this information? To me just seems like your crying about nothing. Any good tire wheel shop should be able to take measurements and give your that info before buying.

OP
OP
Area51Lariatfx4

Area51Lariatfx4

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I ordered a hybrid Area 51 XLT, 360 back on 15 Aug. I may do the same after seeing yours. Wanna get my GT350 off the road for the winter.
Thank you! I appreciate that you like what I did. This truck is also perfect even as daily

OP
OP
Area51Lariatfx4

Area51Lariatfx4

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Awesome addition. You can see how the tires fills the wheel well nicely. Any extra road noise with the new rubber. I had those on my wrangler. Great snow and rain tires. I believe they're 3 snowflakes.

Opps just saw someone else already asked about the road noise. Thanks
Thank you appreciate it! Yeah this toyo has been great! Minimal road noise, great on rain, but I still have to test it on snow this year