First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick FX4, Harley Road King Classic
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The Expedition FX4 had a sorry excuse for a tire. I’m grateful for the Pirellis. Just saying
Actually, since I took delivery they actually look better in person than they do in pictures. Still debating the switch, but not as disappointed as I thought I would be. :unsure:
Sponsored

JSanchez

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 Suburban C1500
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Actually, since I took delivery they actually look better in person than they do in pictures. Still debating the switch, but not as disappointed as I thought I would be. :unsure:
Not saying the Pirellis are a bad tire either I’d keep them until they are bald but whether you keep them for the long run or switch them out ASAP I’d go for a more aggressive tire as a permanent replacement.

Big Kahuna

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
That’s a stock height
Do you think the 235/75R17 below would fit without rubbing based on your experience? I'm looking for bigger but not wider. It's only .15" larger diameter than your tire but 0.5" less width.

Your tire

245/70R17 Toyo Open Country AT - 30.6" x 9.8" 38lbs

tire I'm looking at

235/75R17 Cooper AT3 4S - 30.75" x 9.3" 35 lbs

Sponsored

OP
OP
Area51Lariatfx4

Area51Lariatfx4

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat FX4 Area 51
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Do you think the 235/75R17 below would fit without rubbing based on your experience? I'm looking for bigger but not wider. It's only .15" larger diameter than your tire but 0.5" less width.

Your tire

245/70R17 Toyo Open Country AT - 30.6" x 9.8" 38lbs

tire I'm looking at

235/75R17 Cooper AT3 4S - 30.75" x 9.3" 35 lbs
It might. Mine clears, but just tiny bit. Watch this video. Same tire size as mine.

Taildragger

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Martt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick AWD, Jeep Deserthawk
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Will the 245/70R17's fit an AWD XLT that's not FX4? Does the FX4 sit higher, or are they the same?

Ford Maverick Toyo Open Country AT3 245/70r17 Mav and Baby Ace 1 2000px

Last edited:
Sponsored

Boardrider

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
No not all. Turned the steering wheels full lock both ways and didn’t feel or hear any rubbing not even a tiny bit
OK - I have been reviewing this site and just found your post as I am trying to avoid a lift kit and need that extra 1" that your size tire will bring without rubbing! I can't find these tires in Puerto Rico so will probably go with the Cooper AT's which I have on my truck in AZ and they have been awesome performers at our place in the mountains there. Here in PR I face a ton of different driving conditions including the occasional drive off the narrow road because of an oncoming tractor! The Maverick has performed great off-road and in the sand here but I have bottomed out a few times that an extra .5-1" would have made a huge difference. Thank you and your truck looks awesome!

OP
OP
Area51Lariatfx4

Area51Lariatfx4

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat FX4 Area 51
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
OK - I have been reviewing this site and just found your post as I am trying to avoid a lift kit and need that extra 1" that your size tire will bring without rubbing! I can't find these tires in Puerto Rico so will probably go with the Cooper AT's which I have on my truck in AZ and they have been awesome performers at our place in the mountains there. Here in PR I face a ton of different driving conditions including the occasional drive off the narrow road because of an oncoming tractor! The Maverick has performed great off-road and in the sand here but I have bottomed out a few times that an extra .5-1" would have made a huge difference. Thank you and your truck looks awesome!
Thank you! I’m glad this helps you!

belmor

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It might. Mine clears, but just tiny bit. Watch this video. Same tire size as mine.
I own the truck in this video now. It has the same tires with 2022 Bronco wheels. It also has a 1" leveling kit and there are no issues at all. I am considering trading someone for the original FX4 tires just because I have -0- use for an off-road tire and the mileage means more to me. I have a post up and will see if anyone is interested.