Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yep, no rubbing, and no lift kit
Well the bad news is Cooper Adventurer AT 245/70/17 is fractionally taller than the Toyos resulting in a rub with stock height and no lift kit. Pep Boys here in Isabella Puerto Rico were super cool and they were curious if they could make the 70's work and when the result was not as we hoped. The good news is they just ordered one size down and gave me cool wipe down kit for my troubles! The troubles were caused by me! Love the crew at this store. I'll post pics of my new Coopers when they come in and are installed. I really appreciated all your replies and again, love the look of your truck!
Sponsored

OP
OP
Area51Lariatfx4

Area51Lariatfx4

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat FX4 Area 51
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Well the bad news is Cooper Adventurer AT 245/70/17 is fractionally taller than the Toyos resulting in a rub with stock height and no lift kit. Pep Boys here in Isabella Puerto Rico were super cool and they were curious if they could make the 70's work and when the result was not as we hoped. The good news is they just ordered one size down and gave me cool wipe down kit for my troubles! The troubles were caused by me! Love the crew at this store. I'll post pics of my new Coopers when they come in and are installed. I really appreciated all your replies and again, love the look of your truck!
Hey no problem! But that’s disappointing. It would’ve look stout and beefy with those size. It’s weird, because few guys on here run this size on stock suspension and no complaints. I guess it really depends on the tire brands. Yes! Post some pictures after

Boardrider

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hey no problem! But that’s disappointing. It would’ve look stout and beefy with those size. It’s weird, because few guys on here run this size on stock suspension and no complaints. I guess it really depends on the tire brands. Yes! Post some pictures after
Will do, the tread on the Cooper goes further to the edge than the Toyos and that 1/4" height difference got me when combined. I saw a post about 235/70/17 but I really want the wider track here in Puerto Rico so I downsized to the 65s. It was disappointing as I love the beefy look of yours, probably a Toyo dealer somewhere here but I did not locate where I am on the island.

Boardrider

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Here are a couple pics and you can see absolutely no way the Cooper 70s would work, I will say I really like these and first thing I did was go drive in the sand at our favorite beach, I was a bit too excited though as the traction was much better with these and I reversed into a palm tree, lol, no damage or scratches, wasn't that fast but they really did great in the sand.

Ford Maverick Toyo Open Country AT3 245/70r17 Front Lock new Coopers

Ford Maverick Toyo Open Country AT3 245/70r17 close up of wheel lock positio

Ford Maverick Toyo Open Country AT3 245/70r17 Truck pic with new Coopers

Ford Maverick Toyo Open Country AT3 245/70r17 Truck Pic rear

Ford Maverick Toyo Open Country AT3 245/70r17 Truck pic2 with new Coopers

DavesMav

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
I own the truck in this video now. It has the same tires with 2022 Bronco wheels. It also has a 1" leveling kit and there are no issues at all. I am considering trading someone for the original FX4 tires just because I have -0- use for an off-road tire and the mileage means more to me. I have a post up and will see if anyone is interested.
Did you change wheels since the video? If not, you do not have Bronco wheels. Those are Maverick Optional Alloy wheels. Also, if mileage means more to you, removing the leveling kit may have as large of benefit as going to less aggressive tires.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Area51Lariatfx4

Area51Lariatfx4

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat FX4 Area 51
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Here are a couple pics and you can see absolutely no way the Cooper 70s would work, I will say I really like these and first thing I did was go drive in the sand at our favorite beach, I was a bit too excited though as the traction was much better with these and I reversed into a palm tree, lol, no damage or scratches, wasn't that fast but they really did great in the sand.

Front Lock new Coopers.jpg

close up of wheel lock position.png

Truck pic with new Coopers.jpg

Truck Pic rear.jpg

Truck pic2 with new Coopers.jpg
It looks really good with those tires. Yeah those pirellis they’re ok, but having all terrain tires are even better.

belmor

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Did you change wheels since the video? If not, you do not have Bronco wheels. Those are Maverick Optional Alloy wheels. Also, if mileage means more to you, removing the leveling kit may have as large of benefit as going to less aggressive tires.
Before selling the truck the prior owner took the Maverick optional wheels off and put 2022 Bronco wheels on it with the same tires. The original wheels are now on his hybrid.

Sponsored

numike

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
Banned
First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
car
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
They’re stock FX4 wheels meaning one of the choices of wheels when you build ones Maverick?
Sorry never had a truck nor never built a vehicle
ty

bgn

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

They’re stock FX4 wheels meaning one of the choices of wheels when you build ones Maverick?
Sorry never had a truck nor never built a vehicle
ty
You get them by default if you add the FX4 package, which is available as an option for the Ecoboost engine/AWD.

Boardrider

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Looks great, I like the aggressiveness Toyo's AT3's have.
Agreed, I just could not find the Toyo's on the NW side of the island or would have gone that direction and could have done a size larger with the Toyo's as they are a bit smaller than the Cooper's - enjoy your truck, we continue to put our's through a lot of different terrain here, almost got stuck for first time yesterday but after playing with settings and traction control we were able to get out of our situation which now I wish I had taken some photos!! Next week we are planning to explore the El Yunque rain forest before the wet season arrives.

Mike

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Ranger F350’s
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
These trucks will never see a true 33” tire but that ^^^ is closest I’ve seen.

Can’t do much with the suspension to get proper articulation with the Mav. These slightly bigger than stock tires just look stuffed, awkward and mall crawler IMO
Sponsored