First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat FX4 Area 51
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
These trucks will never see a true 33” tire but that ^^^ is closest I’ve seen.

Can’t do much with the suspension to get proper articulation with the Mav. These slightly bigger than stock tires just look stuffed, awkward and mall crawler IMO
Appreciate your opinion. But personally, I like the way it sits now. I think the proportion of the tires are just right with size of the truck. I agree, you can’t do much with the suspension, but I’m happy with just the 2” lift. I think it’s just right.
Sponsored

Scupking

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Not bad but I think they look a little big for the stock suspension. I think 245/65/17 is the best look for stock.

Last edited:

FX4-A51

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT
Looks sharp. I just ordered an A51 FX4 XLT, and looking to do pretty much the same as you have done here. Well done! I think I may still do a level kit but yours looks great in it's stock stance.

Last edited:

Sponsored

E30andrew

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 XLT FX4 EB
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Great looking truck OP, love the aggressiveness of those toyos. Now that my Mav is finally in production, im starting to get my ducks in a row for lift/tires. Glad to see your 245/70s fit without a lift. I plan on installing the HRG 1.5" lift and am looking hard that those toyos in the same size. Good stuff.

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Digging up an old thread here for a check-in. How are those 245/70s treating you? Do much offroading, fun in the snow? We finally got scheduled for our Tremor super excited cant wait to burn up the stock rubber so I can beef it up!

HyphyStryke

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Digging up an old thread here for a check-in. How are those 245/70s treating you? Do much offroading, fun in the snow? We finally got scheduled for our Tremor super excited cant wait to burn up the stock rubber so I can beef it up!
I’m curious as well

OP
OP
Area51Lariatfx4

Area51Lariatfx4

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat FX4 Area 51
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Congrats! You’ll like it specially the Tremor. I just put them back on. I was running 265/70r17 for the most part. I had enough with rubbing. So went back to my old setup. I think 245/70r17 is the perfect size in my opinion for the Maverick. Even without the lift, it was fine. Toyo Open Country AT3 specifically, they’re not bad in the snow, it rides quiet, barely hear it. Around here, there’s not much trails. Just little muddy side roads. Fuel mileage, I still average 20 in the city and 22 on the highway. It’s still pretty good.

Last edited:

snowkarver

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC60, XLT Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Congrats! You’ll like it specially the Tremor. I just put them back on. I was running 265/70r17 for the most part. I had enough with rubbing. So went back to my old setup. I think 245/70r17 is the perfect size in my opinion for the Maverick. Even without the lift, it was fine. Toyo Open Country AT3 specifically, they’re not bad in the snow, it rides quiet, barely hear it. Around here, there’s not much trails. Just little muddy side roads. Fuel mileage, I still average 20 in the city and 22 on the highway. It’s still pretty good.
Love the original photos, and thanks for a useful thread!

Do you have any insights or photos about the 245/70s on your truck after the lift? Been thinking of doing this with my Tremor, but the tight clearance at full lock with the stock height has me a bit concerned even though I have that extra inch. I have quite often packed the wells pretty good with wet muddy snow and prefer more space in there.

Curious about how much room there is fully turned after the lift.

Thanks again!

Sponsored

BobcatBenny

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
@Area51Lariatfx4 did you put the bigger tire on the spare? If so, were you able to get it to fit under the truck with or without any modifications?

WOLFSAUCE

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Love the look of your truck!
Are the tires LT's?