YazYaz

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The truck I have on order, a Lariat Hybrid with 360 Co Pilot and trailer hitch, was placed on a dealers web site late this morning
for MSRP and I missed it by about 30 minutes. It was 200 miles away but I still would have taken it.
Sponsored

bbhaag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT, Mustang Mach-E GT Performance
Engine
Undecided
The truck I have on order, a Lariat Hybrid with 360 Co Pilot and trailer hitch, was placed on a dealers web site late this morning
for MSRP and I missed it by about 30 minutes. It was 200 miles away but I still would have taken it.
The dealer didn't have it on the lot so don't worry to much about it. They have a VIN so therefore they can sell the vehicle.

MLowe05

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Porsche Macan S/2023 Integra 6MT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The hybrids cannot be sold yet, so no worries.

FriscoTXJoe

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
Banned
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

It would be a bout 5 months quicker than my order.
What he is saying is the car didn't sell. Hybrids have the OKTB date of 12/5 if I recall so no hybrids will be sold before then. Most likely the dealer didn't have the car ready to sell.

People more knowledgeable can correct/improve what I said but I think I am pretty on.

Sponsored

Rob Cactus Gray

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 Prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Unless there are more delays, OKTB is Dec 8. Their web site was just showing incoming stock and most likely got pulled because it won’t be there for months at best.

bbhaag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT, Mustang Mach-E GT Performance
Engine
Undecided
What he is saying is the car didn't sell. Hybrids have the OKTB date of 12/5 if I recall so no hybrids will be sold before then. Most likely the dealer didn't have the car ready to sell.

People more knowledgeable can correct/improve what I said but I think I am pretty on.
Not exactly, chances are good the car already sold but just because the car isn't physically on the dealers lot doesn't mean they can't sell it or at the vary least a customer cna put money down on that VIN with the anticipation of buying it once it arrives.
The dealership had a VIN and that is all they need to sell a vehicle.

OKTB is something different. Dealerships are franchises so in order to buy something they have to go through corporate. Until Ford corporate gives the OKTB dealerships cannot purchase said item. In this case a hybrid Maverick but it could be anything. Everything has to be purchased through corporate.
OKTB means that Ford corporate is now selling said item to there franchises aka dealerships.

FriscoTXJoe

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
Banned
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Not exactly, chances are good the car already sold but just because the car isn't physically on the dealers lot doesn't mean they can't sell it or at the vary least a customer cna put money down on that VIN with the anticipation of buying it once it arrives.
The dealership had a VIN and that is all they need to sell a vehicle.

OKTB is something different. Dealerships are franchises so in order to buy something they have to go through corporate. Until Ford corporate gives the OKTB dealerships cannot purchase said item. In this case a hybrid Maverick but it could be anything. Everything has to be purchased through corporate.
OKTB means that Ford corporate is now selling said item to there franchises aka dealerships.
So the wait is not 5 months and they have the vehicle or the dealership is playing games? There are no hybrids sold yet, right? The customer couldn't have gotten a car now instead of waiting 5 months? I am confused.

DryHeat

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DryHeat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Patriot
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So the wait is not 5 months and they have the vehicle or the dealership is playing games? There are no hybrids sold yet, right? The customer couldn't have gotten a car now instead of waiting 5 months? I am confused.
I think he just means that someone came in and made a deal for this particular hybrid truck.

That can happen anytime. Take my case as an example. I made a deal for a hybrid truck and signed all the paperwork in June. I have a VIN. The deal is done; no one else can buy that truck.

But I can't actually get the truck -- meaning the dealer can't transfer title to me -- until the OKTB.
(Or, in my case, well after the OKTB since my production date is late December... or probably later.)

Snax

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My hybrid is also listed on my dealer's website--but obviously not really for sale to the public, since I have a signed order for it. I think that some dealers list every truck, including special orders, to drum up business.
Sponsored