First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 fx4 maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Here is issue ive found with maverick tonneau covers, where the bed rails connect about 5 inches from cab there is a channel and water flows through there during rain or washing, Not sure why they designed it that way, trying to sort out weather stripping of something to make it More waterproof
Sponsored

OP
OP
HawkeyeBunny

HawkeyeBunny

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Colleen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford C-Max SE
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
This is an interesting one, and is now at the top of the list for consideration.

I have been pretty dead set on the Truxedo proX15 because it looks so nice and sleek for a decent price, but at a little over $500 I'm realizing that it is going to be a hard sell to the wife because for whatever reason she thinks tonneau covers are dumb in the first place. 🙄

I will probably try to get my dealer to just order the Ford soft roll-up one and add it into the loan when I take ownership of the truck. If that isn't a possibility, and the wife turns down the ProX15 because of the price, I will probably pursue this one because it seems like a better quality and look than the Ford soft roll-up for just about the same price. Plus, I really like the idea of the ziplock type closure and the video on their site showing off the graphene components and quality of the cover material has me sold on the product.

How well does this cover keep water out, and does the cover material really seem like a better quality than most vinyl covers like they claim?
I was impressed with the quality of the material for the cover. I went with the pro version. I've looked at some other more expensive covers and the material seemed as good if not better than the ones they had on display at Ziebart. And I like the fact that the material is black on both sides and not white like I've seen on other covers.
It rained on and off yesterday and I checked the bed and it was dry, but it wasn't a hard rain yesterday so it is possible that in a heavy rain it could get wet in the front corners.

Fubar

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Miata (NC), Maverick (Hybrid XLT)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Where did you buy it from? I don't see it on Amazon.

Can you close the tailgate without releasing the end of the tonneau? My old three fold Ford one wouldn't and that can be a pain.

OP
OP
HawkeyeBunny

HawkeyeBunny

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Colleen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford C-Max SE
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

MortyHooper

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Matrix
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Darn, I like the idea of the ziploc style, wish I ordered during Boxing Day sale or whatever it was. I guess there probably won’t be any other sales soon.

Sponsored

kkreit01

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Korey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Maverick, '17 Grand Cherokee Limited 4x4 V6
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I like their frame and materials. I do not like the the side ziploc design. I had similar back in the late 90s, and it was a pain. The side also doesn't look like it's seated properly in your first pic?

OP
OP
HawkeyeBunny

HawkeyeBunny

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Colleen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford C-Max SE
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I like their frame and materials. I do not like the the side ziploc design. I had similar back in the late 90s, and it was a pain. The side also doesn't look like it's seated properly in your first pic?
It wasn't seated properly in the first picture. But I fixed it.
Ford Maverick Just Installed the Keko Tonneau Cover 20221230_124122

kkreit01

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Korey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thanks for the reply and updated pic. It looks much better. This makes my decision more tough. I really like the black components on this one. I'm still waiting on my FordPass points (after 3 weeks).

It wasn't seated properly in the first picture. But I fixed it.
20221230_124122.jpg

WisconsinMaverick

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I ran my maverick with the keko cover through the car wash last week and some water did get in. Not a lot, but it did not stay completely dry.

WisconsinMaverick

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I saw another maverick in the parking lot today. It had a gator tonneau cover on it. The material on the keko seems nicer. Also, the gator had some wrinkles and didn't seem to pull as tight as the keko one does.

The biggest difference that I noticed is that the keko has three arched support bars where all the other brands have flat support bars. I prefer the look of them being flat, but since the keko ones are arched, water rolls off the cover better and does not pool up.

Also, I found out that my ice fishing shack will fit in the back of my truck since the bars are arched, which gives me just enough extra room to make it fit.

Sponsored

Lynyrd Skynyrd

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I ran my maverick with the keko cover through the car wash last week and some water did get in. Not a lot, but it did not stay completely dry.
Unless we add a tailgate seal, they will all leak at a car wash towards the rear. I learned about this years ago and every truck, including the maverick I've climbed inside, closed the cover and you can see the daylight where the tailgate openings are! Amazon is one place that sells tailgate seals.

OP
OP
HawkeyeBunny

HawkeyeBunny

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Colleen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford C-Max SE
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thanks for the reply and updated pic. It looks much better. This makes my decision more tough. I really like the black components on this one. I'm still waiting on my FordPass points (after 3 weeks).
I would check with your salesman about your points. My salesman made sure he had my fordpass account # so he could get it in the system. I had my points 3 days after I picked up the truck.

Reactions: HTX

kkreit01

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Korey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thanks! I've already called and chat'd with the Rewards Customer Care. They all say (wait 30 days). I'll go back to dealer in 10 days -- when my 30 days are up. I bought a new Edge back in Feb '22. I had points within 24 hrs. Thing is, I have a message stating that "42,000 points await. Activate vehicle now". It is activated.

I would check with your salesman about your points. My salesman made sure he had my fordpass account # so he could get it in the system. I had my points 3 days after I picked up the truck.

NoCoolNameDave

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Picked up the Tonneau Cover when it was on their black Friday sale. Was easy to install and I'm pleased with the outcome.

Also attempted to install an AVS bugflector II bug shield but that was a disaster as it did not fit and was so poorly manufactured.

20221229_132519.jpg

20221229_132450.jpg
How much does it flap or move at highway speeds 70+ mph.

OP
OP
HawkeyeBunny

HawkeyeBunny

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Colleen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford C-Max SE
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
How much does it flap or move at highway speeds 70+ mph.
Can't tell you what it does at 70+mph. The highways I drive are 55mph, so fasted I've driven is a little over 60mph. But at those speeds the flapping isn't bad. I don't notice it unless I'm specifically paying attention to it and I only did the first few times I drove just to make sure all was well with it.
The cover has been on my truck for about a month now and has done well. The sides stay 'zipped' and there has been no stretching of the cover and it has done well under the snowfall/snow load.
Sponsored

Last edited: