Sponsored

Woody27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No thanks
No, the box is not sealed off exclusively to the inlet duct in the same way that the OEM is.

But to address your potential concern anyway, I doubt that the "cold air duct", is a restriction in any way to begin with. The area of that opening is nearly the same as the inside area of the 3" tubing I used. If you saw my original intake thread, I had mentioned possibly reworking and opening up that "duct" but when I measured everything out, it didn't really make sense and it would be really complicated to pull it off. Also, the point of the change in intake wasn't for performance or to sell anybody on anything, I just did it for fun because I like to make things.
There are more factors than just area that determine air flow restrictions. These include length of the run, number and radius of turns, and the cross section shape (i.e., an oval or square cross section would not have the same flow restricion as a circle of identical area.) It would appear that your design is likely to have greater benefit than suggested by area alone.