First Name
NAH-RON-EE-TAH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I received my J.D. Power Vehicle Quality Survey and $1 bill yesterday. I filled out the questionnaire online this morning. It's the first time I have received one of these from a vehicle purchase in like 10 years.

I have had a pretty successful run in my 5,939 miles to date. So I gave pretty high marks. As you all know, I LOVE MY MAVERICK. But this is for posterity and help Ford improve, so I didn't fan boy my responses. I kept them as real as I could of my personal experiences. Also, with Lariat Luxury Package, I was able to answer some sub-sections about those features.

In general, the few things I referenced being issues for me were:
  • Paint chip issues (now up to 5)
  • Interior plastics scuff/scratch easily
  • Lack of Sync 4/Wireless Android Auto
  • Auto Climate Control Temp is off (63 degrees setting is actually 72 degrees. 65 or greater is full blast heat. 62 or lower is full blast cold)
  • Backup Camera design/placement poor (always wet or grimey)
  • Infotainment Screen size limited to 8" regardless of trim or package
Now, what to do with that crisp, brand-new $1 bill???

Ford Maverick J.D. Power Vehicle Quality Survey received 20220323_120924
Sponsored

Last edited:

Clarkdonbran

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I received my J.D. Power Vehicle Quality Survey and $1 bill yesterday. I filled out the questionnaire online this morning. It's the first time I have received one of these from a vehicle purchase in like 10 years.

I have had a pretty successful run in my 5,939 miles to date. So I gave pretty high marks. As you all know, I LOVE MY MAVERICK. But this is for posterity and help Ford improve, so I didn't fan boy my responses. I kept them as real as I could of my personal experiences. Also, with Lariat Luxury Package, I was able to answer some sub-sections about those features.

• Auto Climate Control Temp is off (63 degrees setting is actually 72 degrees. 65 or greater is full blast heat. 62 or lower is full blast cold)

20220323_120924.jpg
Watch out for paper cuts on that crispy bill!

DeanR

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outback Tundra F250
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I forget which company it was but I got a very nice single glove along with a survey sheet. If I filled it out and sent it back I got the other glove. Sure enough 2 weeks later I get a glove, same hand.

OP
OP
Naranjita

Naranjita

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
NAH-RON-EE-TAH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I forget which company it was but I got a very nice single glove along with a survey sheet. If I filled it out and sent it back I got the other glove. Sure enough 2 weeks later I get a glove, same hand.
Now that's a clever way to do a survey!

SkeeterB

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat Lux, 4K, FX4, 360, Velocity Blue
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I got the dollar as well. I was able to answer honestly without over stating goods and bads. My AC & Heat are spot on. There is possibly something wrong with yours that could be corrected. I haven't any paint chips yet at 4,500 miles. All the collusion and avoidance crap scares the willies out of me. How the hell do they expect you to test that unless you do something dumb. Haven't done that yet. Sometimes when a car slows to turn suddenly the flashy red light and dings come on. No hard braking or self turning yet. It took a while to fill out the survey, worth more that $1.

Sponsored

YOBY

First Name
Yoby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RAV 4 / 2022 Maverick Lariat
Pay for Play

Criticism of JD Power
Because companies pay J.D. Power licensing fees, there are situations in which J.D. Power is making money off the very companies it’s ranking. This possible conflict of interest is something competitor "Consumer Reports" addressed in a May 2020 article. The article called attention to the fact that J.D. Power charges fees for companies to access survey results, mention the firm in ads, and participate in the Certified Customer Service Program.5

jbpoole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Engine
Undecided
Pay for Play

Criticism of JD Power
Because companies pay J.D. Power licensing fees, there are situations in which J.D. Power is making money off the very companies it’s ranking. This possible conflict of interest is something competitor "Consumer Reports" addressed in a May 2020 article. The article called attention to the fact that J.D. Power charges fees for companies to access survey results, mention the firm in ads, and participate in the Certified Customer Service Program.5
Are you implying that the car industry is actually corrupt? :)

Last edited:
OP
OP
Naranjita

Naranjita

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
NAH-RON-EE-TAH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Pay for Play

Criticism of JD Power
And even if J.D. Power is corrupt to the core and Ford pays them, my participating in the survey will give useful feedback to Ford.

Personally, I kind of view Consumer Reports data suspiciously too. We should all be a little skeptical of data we are fed. Our own personal experiences and from those we trust are so much more valuable. But sometimes these firms can help clue us in on trends that can help us make better decisions.

MichaelG

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Ranger
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

20220323_120924.jpg
Where are the paint chips located, are they bad? I ask because I am considering to PPF the hood, the bumper facia, full fenders and was considering the a-pillers and very front of roof (leading edge).

OP
OP
Naranjita

Naranjita

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
NAH-RON-EE-TAH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Where are the paint chips located, are they bad? I ask because I am considering to PPF the hood, the bumper facia, full fenders and was considering the a-pillers and very front of roof (leading edge).
Front Hood edge, front bumper, front fender (facing forward), top of the wheel opening. They go straight to bare metal. Most are small, about 1/16-1/8". Largest (in front fender) is nearly pea size. I am touch-up painting as I go. Note: I do almost zero gravel/dirt road driving.

Sponsored

DeanR

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outback Tundra F250
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

20220323_120924.jpg
The auto climate thing...... I was driving in a snow storm and it was getting hot in the pickup even though I had it set at 72. I kept turning it down. I actually pulled over to feel where the heat was coming from, I popped the hood I looked at the temp gauge, nothing. I'll bet that was what was going on.

YOBY

First Name
Yoby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
And even if J.D. Power is corrupt to the core and Ford pays them, my participating in the survey will give useful feedback to Ford.

Personally, I kind of view Consumer Reports data suspiciously too. We should all be a little skeptical of data we are fed. Our own personal experiences and from those we trust are so much more valuable. But sometimes these firms can help clue us in on trends that can help us make better decisions.
Comsumer Digest should be looked at with suspicion with GM ads on every page, not Comsumer Reports. Consumer Reports, the data comes from product owners and the questioner is pretty comprehensive and readers have skin in the game, because their next product they buy will probably be based on reviews of owners of the product.

I have seen year after year the high points in year one of Comsumer Reports to the slow decline in years to follow of good products and the very fast decline of bad products, JD Powers only provides that information to the manufacturer. Really, I want to know is it a muffler rusting out or an engine or transmission failure. Screw the Paid for AWARDS, give me the actual data so I as a dumb ass consumer can decide which product is the best for my wallet and family.

MichaelG

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Ranger
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Front Hood edge, front bumper, front fender (facing forward), top of the wheel opening. They go straight to bare metal. Most are small, about 1/16-1/8". Largest (in front fender) is nearly pea size. I am touch-up painting as I go. Note: I do almost zero gravel/dirt road driving.
Thanks for the details. This makes me think the PPF is a good, although expensive, idea.

YOBY

First Name
Yoby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

20220323_120924.jpg
This is the information that interests me. I will never get this info from JD POWER or Ford Motor Company. This gives me a chance to try to correct oversites or shortcomings from Ford before they become a major item in the future. Thank God for forums, we recieve a large sampling of information, not the kind you would get from a few guys at McDonalds.
Sponsored