22Maverick

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Everyone's fine, but the Wrangler driver wasn't in a big hurry to explain why she stopped in the left lane.

"He pushed me into the other lane!"
Very sorry to see this but glad everyone is ok. It seems/I hope it can be saved.

Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element/ Toyota Highlander
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yea, but, right on cue, it didn't want to connect to my phone. Ended up emailing a copy to the station after the fact. Went and talked to the office writing the report. That intersection was blocked off a few years ago (the yellow posts) to keep people from crossing, but people illegally U-turn around it all the time. Such as tonight.
Thanks for the explanation- Video makes it look like your speed was a bit much to overtake a rig just entering traffic flow but not sure what actual speeds were present.

22Maverick

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Just went on my laptop to watch the video since it wouldn’t play on my phone. That is tough and I may have smacked the other driver, but it definitely confirmed I need to invest in a dash cam.

Sponsored

jsus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Escape Hybrid AWD 😉
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ok, wow, I prob should have clarified. This stretch of road has a posted 55mph limit, I was not going much faster than that. This Intersection was recently blocked off to prevent this exact occurrence, but instead, most people go around the barrier, like this person did. IDK why I'm surprised by people blaming me for this, but it is what it is.
You've confirmed that these facts were known to you.

How did you choose to approach this stretch of road, to react to the Jeep's predictable moves?

What did you do to prevent this easily avoided collision?

Why or why not?

What could, should you have done in this situation, given the ample warning and reaction time available? The answer is not to approach at 55 mph and attempt to pass at a high speed differential on the side you acknowledge you should have expected the Jeep to move.

NJ Pinelands

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ok, wow, I prob should have clarified. This stretch of road has a posted 55mph limit, I was not going much faster than that. This Intersection was recently blocked off to prevent this exact occurrence, but instead, most people go around the barrier, like this person did. IDK why I'm surprised by people blaming me for this, but it is what it is.

The officer on the scene, after watching the video, confirmed I was 0% at fault in his opinion.
I used to work, although not in claims, at one of the largest auto insurance companies in the country. Unless you were drinking or on your cell phone, which I assume you weren’t, this is completely her fault. Whatever happens with your truck repair or not, just be thankful no one is injured or worse. On the stupid moves scale, I will give her a nine. I reserve tens when there are children involved. Best of luck .

dalola

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sunsetridgecabinhockinghills.com
Vehicle(s)
F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

The officer on the scene, after watching the video, confirmed I was 0% at fault in his opinion.
I don't think anyone is blaming you, the video clearly shows you were not at fault.

However...

Again, by the video, this DOES appear to be completely avoidable, had you been driving more defensively. The video makes it SEEM as if you had a decent amount of reaction time to slow down, or maneuver around the jeep.

Still sucks, glad no one was hurt.

Sponsored

stevhorn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I feel for you. I had a very close call the other day where the woman in front of me signalled right, swung to the right, and then swung left presumably to back into her driveway. I only just missed her. I've only got 2000 km (1200 miles) on my Maverick.

Snax

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Gotta be honest, not my proudest moment. I should have been on the brakes from the moment she was straddling the line. I was never expecting her to cut left and stop.
Don't be too hard on yourself. Sure, it's nice to avoid someone who's doing their best to cause a crash, but it doesn't always work out. Sounds like to officer determined that the other party was at fault. Did they receive a citation?

93nighthawk

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Transit 150, 97 Aerostar AWD, future XLT FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Look on the bright side.

Not sure what it is but just look at that
He had a dash cam running to prove what actually happened, otherwise it would have been a he said/she said scenareo. The camera never lies.

Also it gives us members a passenger seat view of what actually happened and feel for the OP. Along with giving members ideas what they would do in that situation. I had almost the same thing happen to me 25 years ago, teenage girl blew through a stop sign that was at a 4 lane highway and decided to stop blocking both lanes as I was cruising at 65mph. I locked the brakes and got it down to 45pmh before impact. The Ford Tempo did it's job protecting me, my wife and my 6mo daughter. Luckily the other driver admited that it was her fault (and it was evident.)

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Breakout, 21 Road King Special, 22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yea, but, right on cue, it didn't want to connect to my phone. Ended up emailing a copy to the station after the fact. Went and talked to the office writing the report. That intersection was blocked off a few years ago (the yellow posts) to keep people from crossing, but people illegally U-turn around it all the time. Such as tonight.
That really sucks! Glad you're ok, but still after waiting so long to get your Maverick and to have some jackass try an illegal turn just bites!!! Thankfully, you're ok and your Maverick can be rebuilt, hopefully soon!

Rob Cactus Gray

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 Prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I’m on the side that it always takes two people to tango. Shared responsibility whether we want it or not. This case was avoidable by either driver. The jeep driver obviously was freaked up from the floor and should be faulted by insurance. Who knows how that all works out.

Be sure to get full replacement value of the Maverick with mark ups. You should make out like a bandit.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.