Sponsored

I've decided a canopy/topper for my Maverick needs to look like this...

SofieOffRoad

First Name
Sofie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
if you go to the ford site you can build a Maverick and add the black topper to see how it looks.

This is my build with the black topper:

Ford Maverick I've decided a canopy/topper for my Maverick needs to look like this... Screenshot 2022-04-18 1.24.27 AM
Sponsored

OP
OP
Big Kahuna

Big Kahuna

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Can anyone photoshop a black OEM Snugcap on a Carbonized Gray truck? While I think matching the matte black trim would be slick, maybe a black on gray gets me close enough?

Thanks, HRG
Not OEM but gives an idea of what an aftermarket black canopy might look like.

Ford Maverick I've decided a canopy/topper for my Maverick needs to look like this... Maverick-Gray-with-Canopy

Here's what a even lower profile roof line matching one would look like - I also did this one with the gap reduced at the top of the cab. I have my doubts any of the aftermarket ones will meet my expectations :)

Ford Maverick I've decided a canopy/topper for my Maverick needs to look like this... Maverick-Gray-with-Canopy-lo--profile

Last edited:

Hot Runr Guy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Edge SEL, 2024 Lariat AWD BAP 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Not OEM but gives an idea of what an aftermarket black canopy might look like.

Maverick-Gray-with-Canopy.jpg

Here's what a even lower profile roof line matching one would look like - I also did this one with the gap reduced at the top of the cab. I have my doubts any of the aftermarket ones will meet my expectations :)

Maverick-Gray-with-Canopy-lo--profile.jpg
Thanks! After I posted, I figured out that the B&P tool will allow putting different color caps on, but your images are much better.

HRG

Ford Maverick I've decided a canopy/topper for my Maverick needs to look like this... BandP w black ca

Drew

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Transit Prius Honda Yamaha Chevy
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'd really like something utilitarian but cool. Although I really want to like it, the ARE DCU just seems too tall and dorky fitting.

I can't decide if I should build this or not...on one hand it would suit my needs for the time being but on the other hand it would be pretty annoying if a nice option hit the market later this year.

Screenshot_71.jpg

Screenshot_72.jpg
It’d be awesome to have the roof rack part mounted on top of the cab from the windshield through to the back of the topper since it’s unibody.

hdrider02

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I spent the last week looking at all the different canopy models on other trucks as well as the ones snugtop made for the maverick and I'm not seeing anything that really matches the boxy style of the maverick.

I tried photoshopping a bunch of different ones on there and none of them look right to me. Even a bigger problem is anytime I added one with matching paint colors it made it look like a weird SUV. Finally today I did a quick mock up of a boxy topper that matches the plastic trim on the truck bed and I immediately knew that was the answer.

You have the truck that has these cool lines and it uses the trim to help define the shape - by adding a canopy/topper that matches the trim it doesn't interfere with the color/lines of the truck. The topper becomes just another accent rather than trying to be part of the body of the truck. If they can paint it with a linex type material that would match the plastic color of the truck that would be awesome!!!

I like the look of the cab high canopy but I think it would only offer about 18" of height. Still that would give me 38" total height inside which would be plenty for my needs. Just need to keep my gear dry and locked up.

Now I just need someone to make one and I'll give them my $3500.

This actually makes huge sense for the topper/canopy company as they'd only have to make it in the one color and it would look good on any of the trucks!

Maverick-Canopy.jpg

ford-maverick-with-bed-cap.jpg

Another photo edit -

What am I missing? I don't understand a topper on a pickup truck. Why not just get a van?

Sponsored

SleepySin

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Cyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'd really like something utilitarian but cool. Although I really want to like it, the ARE DCU just seems too tall and dorky fitting.

I can't decide if I should build this or not...on one hand it would suit my needs for the time being but on the other hand it would be pretty annoying if a nice option hit the market later this year.

Screenshot_71.jpg

Screenshot_72.jpg
Almost a year later but did the OP ever get around to building this?

Timothyd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Encore, Miata, motorcycles
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I spent the last week looking at all the different canopy models on other trucks as well as the ones snugtop made for the maverick and I'm not seeing anything that really matches the boxy style of the maverick.

I tried photoshopping a bunch of different ones on there and none of them look right to me. Even a bigger problem is anytime I added one with matching paint colors it made it look like a weird SUV. Finally today I did a quick mock up of a boxy topper that matches the plastic trim on the truck bed and I immediately knew that was the answer.

You have the truck that has these cool lines and it uses the trim to help define the shape - by adding a canopy/topper that matches the trim it doesn't interfere with the color/lines of the truck. The topper becomes just another accent rather than trying to be part of the body of the truck. If they can paint it with a linex type material that would match the plastic color of the truck that would be awesome!!!

I like the look of the cab high canopy but I think it would only offer about 18" of height. Still that would give me 38" total height inside which would be plenty for my needs. Just need to keep my gear dry and locked up.

Now I just need someone to make one and I'll give them my $3500.

This actually makes huge sense for the topper/canopy company as they'd only have to make it in the one color and it would look good on any of the trucks!

Maverick-Canopy.jpg

ford-maverick-with-bed-cap.jpg

Another photo edit -

Let me know when you start making them!

Sponsored

Maverickent

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I didn't read the whole thread, so maybe it's already been mentioned. I don't know how to make a rendition of this for a Mav, so can one of you guys create that one of those? It may not work with the lines of the Mav, but I really like the style. Thanks

https://www.mivehiclesolutions.com/aero-x-1

Roscop

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I didn't read the whole thread, so maybe it's already been mentioned. I don't know how to make a rendition of this for a Mav, so can one of you guys create that one of those? It may not work with the lines of the Mav, but I really like the style. Thanks

https://www.mivehiclesolutions.com/aero-x-1
Those are pretty cool, but very expensive, they start at $4500, with most of the ones I saw around $7500.