Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Currently drive a 2001 Ford Range Edge 2WD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Interesting idea. But, what are the chances of someone
being able to quickly remove the hitch and steal the rear plate??
Sponsored

LAClippers420

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Interesting idea. But, what are the chances of someone
being able to quickly remove the hitch and steal the rear plate??
Living in Los Angeles, that’s a total possibility. I’m sure they must have a lock available for purchase.

SkeeterB

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat Lux, 4K, FX4, 360, Velocity Blue
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Nice find. I had similar with dealer calling because someone didn't want the Velocity Blue they ordered. Cyber Orange in June - Velocity Blue today. Same trim and packages. I ain't stupid. LOL.

tomahawk72

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Congrats OP! I probably wont have a build date until March so I'm also looking in my general area. Found some for MSRP a few hours away that might be cancelled by the customers. Fingers crossed!

Guido

First Name
Guido
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
My car crapped out while waiting for my ordered Hot Pepper Red Maverick to come in. So when the dealer got an Area 51 stock one in, I bought it. My wife loves it so much, we'll buy the one I ordered too!
We'll be a two Mav Family.

Sponsored

lonewolf904

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep wrangler gmc yukon
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I ordered slot blue xlt EcoBoost bought cyber orange lariat hybrid I really wanted the hybrid missed out on orders. Cyber orange aka school bus yellow I love the 42 miles city getting at 1500 miles. My kids love the color but I also on a pink jeep wrangler so everyone slows down to look at either one lol

athertonbt

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL EB FWD Carb Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Here is my new Maverick Lariat. AWD, FX4, Tow package, Moon roof, auto rear window.

I ordered a fairly decked out XLT in Carbonized Grey in late summer. With no build scheduled and the last ski season with my son approaching, I kept searching inventory within 100 miles of home (it usually didn't take long). Last week a local dealer had two available and I jumped at the chance.

Yes, I'm one of the idiots paying over MSRP.

I won't cover things you already know.

One thing I have not experienced before is the auto-brake that keeps the truck stopped without keeping your foot on the brake in traffic. You can turn in on and off but I'm already hooked.

I love that you can pull out all the trays etc. in the console storage areas. Will make keeping them clean so much easier.

I added a traditional 12v outlet inside one of the storage bins in the bed. Simple and I appreciate the DIY aspect. However while the job was relatively straight forward and inexpensive....I couldn't help but think...why didn't they just do this? Or offer as an option?

In just over 500 miles of mixed driving, the computer says I'm averaging 28. On my local roads I can keep it over 30.

If the truck I ordered ever gets scheduled, I'm not sure what I will do, raffle maybe?

PXL_20211121_231701691.jpg

PXL_20211121_224504692.jpg

PXL_20211121_224457047.jpg
Black on black looks sharp. Congrats!

RonR1959

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick hybrid Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I did the same thing you did, not once, but twice.

I ordered a hybrid XLT with CP and the lux pkg in Velocity Blue on 15 Oct. I set a goal to have a production date by 15 January. When that didn’t happen, I started contacting Ford dealers as far away as I was willing to travel. I got lucky to find a hybrid XL in VB that had a SIBL and trifold hard top tonneau cover. I bought it at MSRP, and figured it was good enough to hold me over until my order arrives.
Fast forward to a few weeks ago when my dealer called me and told me about the constraints on the Lux pkg and CP. I was given a choice to keep the options and possibly have to reorder a 2033, or remove the packages to improve my chances of production. I chose to wait it out, or so I thought.

On 3/30, I was called by the dealer and said they had a hybrid Maverick With the Lux pkg in VB that just rolled off the truck, and the customer just canceled it. He said the first to arrive to the dealer would get to buy it. I was the first one to arrive and bought it. Yes, I did pay a nominal market adjustment, which almost all dealers are charging, but my trade in of the XL, down payment, and Farm Bureau negated the mark up.

I’m just glad my waiting and wondering is over. I love the XLT with the Lux pkg, even though it doesn’t have CP360. I love the interior color and accents. The ride feels much smoother and different, probably because of the lux pkg and adjustable lumbar support for the driver. The wheels are much nicer than the steelies on the XL.

Overall, I’m extremely happy with my hybrid little truck! Now it’s time to dress it up with some accessories.
Sponsored