First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F-250 4WD crew 8' bed; 2022 Maverick XL AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It's not school bus yellow (well actually it is), it's aircraft yellow!

Ford Maverick It's not school bus yellow.  IT'S NOT SCHOOL BUS YELLOW!!! dsc-0080_ori
Sponsored

Last edited:

DentedFrood

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hot Hatch
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
And that was a part (emphasize "part") of my reasoning to get that color on my Maverick. I want it to stand out from the crowd. Easy to find in the parking lot is part of that, but also being visible in lots of different lighting conditions plays a part. But mainly, I just really love the color!

There's a Ranger on the corner a few blocks from me that is Cyber Orange. A school bus parks right next to that house between dropping off the elementary school route and running his high school route. That school bus is kind of a greenish yellow, and the colors are quite different. So I suspect it's more about what color your local school district specified for their buses... But around here, Cyber Orange is definitely NOT school bus yellow.
In the US school buses should only be one color. There is a national standard color all states are supposed to follow. If there are any variations they should be minor based on the paint formulation.

JimParker256

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Area 51 Hybrid FE, 2014 Impala
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

In the US school buses should only be one color. There is a national standard color all states are supposed to follow. If there are any variations they should be minor based on the paint formulation.
I hear ya, but I'm in Texas... And they march to a different drummer around these here parts... You know that "national energy grid" that the rest of the mainland US enjoys? Yeah, we don't do that, either... :ROFLMAO:

DentedFrood

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hot Hatch
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I still find Cyber Orange to lean more orange than yellow, lighting can make a difference though in perception at times

Ford Maverick It's not school bus yellow.  IT'S NOT SCHOOL BUS YELLOW!!! 1630681292830

Ford Maverick It's not school bus yellow.  IT'S NOT SCHOOL BUS YELLOW!!! B43E2CD0-8795-4E70-8B76-A7BB2C9093E7

Ford Maverick It's not school bus yellow.  IT'S NOT SCHOOL BUS YELLOW!!! cyber orange 3

Ford Maverick It's not school bus yellow.  IT'S NOT SCHOOL BUS YELLOW!!! cyber-orange-yellowstone-comparison-2

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Color 13432 in the Federal Standard 595a color collection

Sponsored

OneAlienBoi

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kev
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Dude, it's school bus yellow. These photos are NOT doctored. This is a school bus in my county. I love the color; it's just more yellow than orange.

Where does my truck stop and the school bus continue? It's indiscernible. If I was running from the cops, this would be the perfect cover. :)

IMG_3633.jpg

IMG_3634.jpg

Where does my truck stop and the school bus start? It's indiscernible. If I was running from the cops, this would be the perfect cover. :)
I only see a school bus here, where's the maverick?

Oldguy66

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Hybrid, Sienna, HR-V
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Dude, it's school bus yellow. These photos are NOT doctored. This is a school bus in my county. I love the color; it's just more yellow than orange.

Where does my truck stop and the school bus continue? It's indiscernible. If I was running from the cops, this would be the perfect cover. :)

IMG_3633.jpg

IMG_3634.jpg

Where does my truck stop and the school bus start? It's indiscernible. If I was running from the cops, this would be the perfect cover. :)
Same camouflage in California where the school buses are also "Cyber Orange".

Ford Maverick It's not school bus yellow.  IT'S NOT SCHOOL BUS YELLOW!!! School Bus c

saffrontruck

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I need to pose my truck like this!

Great photos!

IMG_3633.jpg

IMG_3634.jpg

Meintc

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lynette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
All I can say is Its a beautiful color. Best color I've had in a vehicle.

OCSANDRA

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Sandra
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

IMG_3633.jpg

IMG_3634.jpg

There is a truck in this photo?

Sponsored

MLA62563

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord, Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I still find Cyber Orange to lean more orange than yellow, lighting can make a difference though in perception at times

1630681292830.png

B43E2CD0-8795-4E70-8B76-A7BB2C9093E7.jpeg

cyber orange 3.jpg

cyber-orange-yellowstone-comparison-2.jpg
Perfect. These photos of yours show the differences better than just about any I've seen. Shown side by side, the contrast is pretty stark. 👍

MLowe05

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Tesla MYP & M3RWD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
All I can say is Its a beautiful color. Best color I've had in a vehicle.
Agreed. I would have paid for it just the same had to been called Cyber Yellow. It’s more yellow in some light, more orange in others. The tricoat made it worth the money and the color is fun.

No regrets at all. It is so much better than my Velocity Blue XL was.. VB is such a cheap looking color.

macdaddy95

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'12 Fiesta Sedan SE
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Someday I'll see this color on a Maverick myself. I still have not seen one. It's a unicorn for sure. I do know what the color looks like because I've seen it on the Bronco, Bronco Sport, Ranger, and a Mustang Mach-E GT. I'm sure it looks great. But this quite literally paints the picture of how similar it is to School Bus Yellow.
I saw one in Salem MA, a couple of weeks ago whilst on vacation (lariat with sunroof, in case th kwner is lurking around). It was cloudy so the metallic coating didn't pop, but it still looked really good. Once it gets in the sunshine I bet it'll be gorgeous.

macdaddy95

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'12 Fiesta Sedan SE
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Bring back all the Maverick colors and then some more—
1667863411668.jpeg
That dark green with the white pinstripe is perfection. I would absolutely rock that and some white walls on my Mav.

LSchicago

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 99 E150 Clb Wgn, 23 Mav XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

IMG_3633.jpg

IMG_3634.jpg

Just needs a 3rd row to complete the short bus look.
Sponsored