First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
On June 16th we ordered the Maverick Lariat with 2 options, spray in bed liner and trailer hitch. First, a big thank you to Kevin, our salesman at New Holland Auto Group, New Holland, PA. We have bought various vehicles (Fords and Toyotas) from them over the years and they have always been top notch. They applied my Illinois Farm Bureau $500.00 off certificate and kept the price at MSRP. As far as the production date, shipping date and location I actually kept tabs with the Ford website mostly, although several times I called the dealership and aways found the update/process information very accurate. Thank you New Holland Auto Group and Ford Corporation!
Now on to the Maverick, We also have a 2020 Toyota RAV4 Hybrid (excellent) so we found some interesting comparisons. Their hybrid systems are, as we had hoped, very similar and what really was surprising was mileage comparisons. Yesterday we took our Maverick to Urban Werks to have the front side windows tinted (excellent job) and from our home to the shop is around 16 miles one way and both averaged to and from combined (wife followed in the Rav4) around 52 mpg. The Maverick I found is very quiet and and a pleasure to drive. If there is one thing I wish could be eliminated is the sound generated up to 20mph as a pedestrian warning. The back up sound is ok and fully understand it is for the protection on pedestrians.Everyone looking at the vehicle really likes the Area 51 which we do too.
Accessories: over the many weeks before delivery, which was on April 26th, we ordered a FORD OEM bug shield, Gator FX3 hard trifold bed cover, Impact resistant Ford OEM bed mat, Ford OEM splash guards, DEE tailgate assist, and Nilight LED bed lights kit and must say it was enjoyable spending a few hours installing everything along with 2 friends. As mentioned yesterday had the left front and right front windows tinted. I found a good use for the cubby space beside the info screen. Cut a piece of tapered AZEK to fit in the cubby space and covered the face with 3M velcro on which the Garage door opener transmitter is placed.
I am very satisfied with the overall quality of the Maverick. If it is a reliable as my previous Ford Transit Connect we will be very satisfied. Note: I may not have bought it if there was an Ecoboost engine because I much prefer a sequential fuel injection system which the hybrid has over a GDI fuel injection system. We must remember that there are many difficult circumstances prevalent in our economy and world situations which has a direct effect on build times, materials and shipping times.
So for those who are still waiting we wish you all a speedy build and delivery.

Ford Maverick It finally arrived IMG_3920.JPG

Ford Maverick It finally arrived IMG_3921.JPG

Ford Maverick It finally arrived IMG_3922

Ford Maverick It finally arrived IMG_3923.JPG

Ford Maverick It finally arrived IMG_3924.JPG

Ford Maverick It finally arrived IMG_3925.JPG
Sponsored

XLTLUXCG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia - soon to be XLT Maverick
On June 16th we ordered the Maverick Lariat with 2 options, spray in bed liner and trailer hitch. First, a big thank you to Kevin, our salesman at New Holland Auto Group, New Holland, PA. We have bought various vehicles (Fords and Toyotas) from them over the years and they have always been top notch. They applied my Illinois Farm Bureau $500.00 off certificate and kept the price at MSRP. As far as the production date, shipping date and location I actually kept tabs with the Ford website mostly, although several times I called the dealership and aways found the update/process information very accurate. Thank you New Holland Auto Group and Ford Corporation!
Now on to the Maverick, We also have a 2020 Toyota RAV4 Hybrid (excellent) so we found some interesting comparisons. Their hybrid systems are, as we had hoped, very similar and what really was surprising was mileage comparisons. Yesterday we took our Maverick to Urban Werks to have the front side windows tinted (excellent job) and from our home to the shop is around 16 miles one way and both averaged to and from combined (wife followed in the Rav4) around 52 mpg. The Maverick I found is very quiet and and a pleasure to drive. If there is one thing I wish could be eliminated is the sound generated up to 20mph as a pedestrian warning. The back up sound is ok and fully understand it is for the protection on pedestrians.Everyone looking at the vehicle really likes the Area 51 which we do too.
Accessories: over the many weeks before delivery, which was on April 26th, we ordered a FORD OEM bug shield, Gator FX3 hard trifold bed cover, Impact resistant Ford OEM bed mat, Ford OEM splash guards, DEE tailgate assist, and Nilight LED bed lights kit and must say it was enjoyable spending a few hours installing everything along with 2 friends. As mentioned yesterday had the left front and right front windows tinted. I found a good use for the cubby space beside the info screen. Cut a piece of tapered AZEK to fit in the cubby space and covered the face with 3M velcro on which the Garage door opener transmitter is placed.
I am very satisfied with the overall quality of the Maverick. If it is a reliable as my previous Ford Transit Connect we will be very satisfied. Note: I may not have bought it if there was an Ecoboost engine because I much prefer a sequential fuel injection system which the hybrid has over a GDI fuel injection system. We must remember that there are many difficult circumstances prevalent in our economy and world situations which has a direct effect on build times, materials and shipping times.
So for those who are still waiting we wish you all a speedy build and delivery.

IMG_3920.JPG

IMG_3921.JPG

IMG_3922.jpg

IMG_3923.JPG

IMG_3924.JPG

IMG_3925.JPG
Did you make your own tie down point where the assist is?? Nice looking truck!

OP
OP

BillR

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hi, I used the DEEZEE kit as instructed. Also forgot to mention I added the Ford OEM metal black lettering in the tailgate.

Ford Maverick It finally arrived IMG_3926.JPG

Ford Maverick It finally arrived IMG_3927.JPG

OP
OP

BillR

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
When I installed the FORD OEM impact resistant bed rug I actually ran 3M velcro the full width both top and bottom on the tailgate instead of the small 3M velcro pads included in the kit to place every few inches.

Finklejag

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Congrats, what % tint did you go with on the front windows?

Sponsored

OP
OP

BillR

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I am not sure of the percentage. I just asked them to match the rear side windows. Bill

OP
OP

BillR

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just had a local exhaust shop add duals from the stock muffler back to our Maverick hybrid. Don't expect any performance differences just wanted the look. Really pleased with the work. Bill

Ford Maverick It finally arrived img 1

Ford Maverick It finally arrived Img 2
Sponsored