Sponsored

Is/will your Maverick be your first truck? Are you new to Ford?

Kingfish

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

First truck but have had a few Fords. The Maverick is the first vehicle I've purchased in 24 years though.

I bought a used convertible Mustang in '98. Drove it untill I got a corporate sales job that came with a company car. Left that job in 2014 but they let me keep the 2012 Fusion (just paid taxes). Drove that untill I bought the Maverick in August.

I had no idea what I would get after the Fusion. I hoped it would be a pickup but like others a big truck doesn't fit my needs. The Maverick is the perfect fit.
Sponsored

Kingfish

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

First truck and first Ford. I'm literally Ford's target buyer, a Honda Civic owner. I love my '13 Civic, bought it brand new after my first car, a '99 Chevy Malibu started leaking gas. It was already leaking power steering fluid which I was foolishly putting in at least once a day, because I didn't want to keep sinking money into a car that had issues every other month. I spent thousands in repairs on that car from '06 when I got it until the day it got sent to be crushed into a cube. Never looked back, my Civic has had absolutely no issues in the 9 years I've owned it, the only money that has gone into it is standard maintenance.

Now that I'm a homeowner, the Maverick will fit all of my needs. I'll be sad to get rid of my civic, but what sealed the deal on getting a truck is when I went to Lowe's to buy an EGO push mower and I had to take it out of the box, break down the box and fold it just to fit everything in my car. I never thought I would buy a Ford. The Tacoma piqued my interest, but as soon as I heard about the Mav and the price, it's just too good to pass up. I'm not in dire need of a new vehicle so I think I'll have the patience to wait, even if it's a year+.
Off topic, but I have an Ego mower. Love it. Love the Ego trimmer even more.

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Nope, also had about a dozen or so Fords. Only other type of vehicle I would really consider buying is Jeeps. Never an interest in Toyotas, Honda, or any of the rest of the Asian cars. They just arent made for me.

KCHahn

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Currently drive a 2001 Ford Range Edge 2WD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Learned to drive in Grandpa's old 1969 Ford pick up, we bought after he died. Used as work truck, when he worked for Denver Public School district as a janitor.

1978 Ford Fairmont - Needed rings and cat. Installed new heater core just before winter set in!

1984 Toyota 4x4 - Needed major front end work. Bounced around bad at 55 MPH and up

1987 Toyota 4x2 - Bought from Dad in 1993. Sold with 125K miles. Added radio. Was bare bones model.

2001 Ranger - Still have, as family back up and for projects the Maverick might not handle. $7500 in repairs - timing chain guide/ tensioner, power steering pump, front A arms, transmission, broken reverse belt. All this
about 9 months after I quit working. Several years before disability was finally granted.

2022 Maverick - Second Ford, first hybrid. Currently up to date on recall issues. Waiting until I'm able to set up airbag recall service.

JimParker256

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Area 51 Hybrid FE, 2014 Impala
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

This will be our fifth pickup. We've owned 3 Chevy's and a Ram before this one. Each new generation or trucks kept getting bigger and bigger, to the point that the last HD Crew Cab Short Bed we had required about as much room to turn around as an aircraft carrier. Heck, it could probably have towed that aircraft carrier and not even known it was there... But it was zero fun to drive, and my wife disliked it from day one... I got to test drive a Maverick at my dealership, and I know it will be a completely different experience or her. She's going to love it, and that's why I have two on order. I don't want her to "take over" my truck – she can have her own (assuming we ever get them delivered).

As for Fords, I've owned exactly two prior to this: I bought a used Maverick (the original Maverick 2-door coupe) back in the mi-70's, and a brand new Taurus SHO in the early 90's. Coming from British Leyland sports cars (Austin-Healey Sprite and MB-B), the 72 Maverick felt HUGE to me, but was a pretty decent car. The SHO was a beast in its day - a total sleeper car in white, but it went like stink. I embarrassed more than a few Mustang drivers with it back in the day. Once I even managed to hit the speed governor (142 mph) on a completed, but still closed stretch of Beltway 8 in Houston. Man, I loved that car!

Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
Undecided
This is my third Ford truck, fifth Ford vehicle and I come from a Ford only family. I drive an F250 daily for work so my Maverick is my grocery getter/weekender/travel vehicle and I love it!
That's great! Glad to hear we could provide a reliable grocery getter/weekender/travel vehicle.

Ellebob

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 5
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have had SUVs some for off-roading, sports cars, sedans and a minivan. This will be my first truck. It will be my daily commuter and I use it for my business. I needed something that carried my equipment and got good mileage as they put on about 30k a year. So I went with the hybrid.
I think it will be a little bit of a difficult transition for me as all my other vehicles including the minivan have been stick. The only automatic car I've driven was my first car in high school and that was 40+ years ago. I know I will miss the stick but we'll see how this goes. If I don't like it I will sell it.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
Undecided
1st truck, 2nd ford. 1st ford 69 mach 1 mustang.(wish I still had) back in 1981. Went to buy a new mustang in 2000. The dealer tried to put me in a used Taurus 50k miles on it (1 year old). Wouldn't take no for a answer. Left to go to another dealership. A**hole locked me in on that car in the area. The dealer there sent me to a friend at dodge dealer. For 20 years bought every kind of dodge charges, neon, average even a viper. Then I see this maverick thing I was yeah let's try that. This time I went to a completely different dealer. Got my mav and love it

20220224_175255.jpg
Great looking Maverick! So glad you love it!

DZNYFAN4778

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Telluride
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

First truck. Not new to Ford/Mercury.
1 - Zephyr (79)
2 - Mustangs (81 & 88)
2 - Cougars (88 & 92)
2 - Explorers (94 & 99)

Your_Cousin_Vinny

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Lincoln Continental, 2023 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Whenever, if ever, it gets made, my Maverick will be my 4th Ford (and 4th vehicle period). I've only ever owned blue Ford sedans (previously a Taurus and Five Hundred) and I thought my Fusion would be my last Ford since they don't make cars any more. And along comes the maverick to keep me in the ford family. It will be my first truck and first hybrid. Eventually...

Sponsored

Phinney Ridge Dave

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 MB GLK 250 Bluetec 4matic
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

my first and i thought last truck was a 2000 ranger with how big trucks were getting but the maverick is exactly what i have wanted since that ranger.
My sentiments (almost) exactly! Had my '99 Ranger XLT Supercab, 4-cyl, manual for ~21 years ... but when I first learned about the Maverick, I realized Ford remembered who I was! Ordered the Maverick without hesitation ... sent that reliable Ranger off with a nice young couple about 3-weeks after the Maverick arrived!

Ford Maverick Is/will your Maverick be your first truck? Are you new to Ford? 99 Ranger

NeedForSteve

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Fusion 2.3; 2023 HPR XLT EB
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
First truck and first new vehicle purchase, but not my first Ford. That is my '07 Fusion, bought it used shortly after I started at the dealership

hopsnbarley91

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Toyota Sienna, 2022 Ford Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

First truck and first Ford. We've mostly stuck with Honda and Toyota.

MaverRick

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 MachE 4EX 2022 Maverick Lariat FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
This is my first Ford Truck, my first was a 1955 Chevy Stepside.

TheSEARCH

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Not my first truck had a 1978 GMC Half ton 4x4 it was loaded bought it used in 1985. Not new to ford have a 2020 Ecosport now.
Sponsored