Sponsored

Is there an email alert list from Ford or anywhere to see when the next order banks open?

TheStang

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Alfred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford Mustang GT Convertible
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My guess is August or September 2023 and I have to go to a dealer right? I can't do it online?
Sponsored

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
IMO, you have less stress and potential for problems if you find a trustworthy dealer and conduct all business and follow ups along the journey through them, and in person.

OP
OP

TheStang

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Alfred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
IMO, you have less stress and potential for problems if you find a trustworthy dealer and conduct all business and follow ups along the journey through them, and in person.
I have one in mind based on some lists of MSRP Ford dealers in NJ I just want to be ready by the time it comes since I know order banks usually are closed after a day.

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
there's usually more than 1 day to order before order book closes. IIRC, the last order period was ~5 days or so before they closed. That was much shorter than the original ordering period in 2021.

palmtreefrb

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 FX2, Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Most dealers will accept pre-orders now for my24. They keep your order until the order banks open. The advantage of a pre-order is your more likely to be an early order increasing your chances to have it get built. But you must first find a good dealership that has potential allocation capacity.

Note: A pre-order is just a file a dealer keeps for future orders to enter after the order banks open. So it would be best to keep in contact with your dealer to ensure they actually place your order correctly.

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP

TheStang

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Alfred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Most dealers will accept pre-orders now for my24. They keep your order until the order banks open. The advantage of a pre-order is your more likely to be an early order increasing your chances to have it get built. But you must first find a good dealership that has potential allocation capacity.

Note: A pre-order is just a file a dealer keeps for future orders to enter after the order banks open. So it would be best to keep in contact with your dealer to ensure they actually place your order correctly.
Yeah I bet that's not always concrete and once you find out orders are going live you better call your dealer to make sure they put the order in.

Any key words to say to make sure that what you order will be MSRP? I've heard horror stories.

jsus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Escape Hybrid AWD 😉
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Your best chance is likely to follow this forum. When someone learns about the 2024MY order bank opening up, they'll surely post it on here.

As for placing an order, that will be done directly through a dealer. You may be able to do so via email but if you visit in person, you should walk out the same day with everything in writing.

BradnChristine

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU; 2019 MX-5; 2023 & 2024 Mavericks
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If Tim Bartz stays at Long-McArthur and they have any sort of mailing list, that's who I would order from next time. He provides all this information to us here, on Facebook and on YouTube. He stays on top of all of Ford's doings. Granted, I think they have ADM for their dealer stock/turned-down orders, but not when you order through them...and they have offered deliveries around the country.

jesemd

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Admins - Can we get a sub-section for dealer reviews? Maybe some sort of rating system where a person could enter their dealer name and anyone else could vote on their satisfaction through the ordering and delivery process?

Timothyd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Encore, Miata, motorcycles
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Yeah I bet that's not always concrete and once you find out orders are going live you better call your dealer to make sure they put the order in.

Any key words to say to make sure that what you order will be MSRP? I've heard horror stories.
Trust nobody
Sponsored