Sponsored

Is there a way to track an order without a VIN?

mavhopefull

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 Mercedes Benz 300D Turbo
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I was wondering if you can track an order without a VIN? I only have the DORA info provided by the dealer. I know I can call FORD but I don't want to have to do that. The hold times can get a bit crazy.
Sponsored

Padre

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Fr. Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT w/ Lux, CP360
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If you don't have a VIN, your order hasn't been scheduled, and that's all the tracking info you'll get.

OP
OP
mavhopefull

mavhopefull

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 Mercedes Benz 300D Turbo
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If you don't have a VIN, your order hasn't been scheduled, and that's all the tracking info you'll get.
I placed the order on 10/20 for an Eco Boost. What's the average wait time to get an order Scheduled?

casanewt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 KIA Sportage X-Line Prestige PHEV
Engine
Undecided
I was wondering if you can track an order without a VIN? I only have the DORA info provided by the dealer. I know I can call FORD but I don't want to have to do that. The hold times can get a bit crazy.
Nope, and even if you have a VIN, you don't get any real info until it hits the production floor. Even then, the tracker's info as it is built, shipped out, and delivered is spotty at best.

jcsan18

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
I placed the order on 10/20 for an Eco Boost. What's the average wait time to get an order Scheduled?
No real average. Some people have been waiting since June, and still don't have a scheduled date. Others ordered last month, and are already built.

If you can't wait, or need a vehicle now, try looking up inventory around you, but be aware, there is a crazy mark up on in stock units.

Just pray, and don't drink too much.

Sponsored

bbhaag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT, Mustang Mach-E GT Performance
Engine
Undecided
Nope, and even if you have a VIN, you don't get any real info until it hits the production floor. Even then, the tracker's info as it is built, shipped out, and delivered is spotty at best.
Yep! This is what I ran into as well. I was so excited a couple of weeks ago when after waiting for FOUR months to get the email with a VIN and build date.....only to plug it into the tracker and find out that it provided no additional info.

Padre

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Fr. Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT w/ Lux, CP360
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
There are people who ordered in June who haven't been scheduled, and people who ordered in September who have theirs built. It's a big complicated dance of supply chain, order details, dealer allocations, etc that doesn't really lend itself to one easy to guess wait time.

testa422

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Legacy
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
How are you gonna track w no VIN? They won’t know what to look for. Also as far as wait time…I ordered 11/24 and I’ve had my truck 2 weeks

mitchwkr

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mitchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

When you do get a VIN number, you can go to Ford.com and go to Contact and then to the chat. Give them your VIN and Order number and ask for the status. You will get more that just the basic that you get on the normal tracking. If it's on a train, they will tell you where the last city you truck was at.

Sponsored

CortinaGT

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Falcon,Pacer,Squareback,F150,TJ,CLK550,TaurusPI
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I placed two orders at two separate dealers in Sept 2022. I just got the XL with no additions. The XLT has not been scheduled for production yet, per a phone call to Ford Customer Service. They require your order number and some personal info to look it up. They don't provide details about the configuration of the vehicle but will provide info about where it is in the manufacturing process.

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer Limited; 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
DISREGARD!!!!

Kirbservice

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Kirby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Palisade; 2014 Accord; 2006 F250
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer Limited; 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
This thread and question are from November 2021
Ahh...that makes more sense. I get the idea of searching for existing threads, but sometimes new ones prevent this kind of confusion...
Sponsored