Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

So many people buy the bigger expensive trucks and never even use them. I fully intend on using my mostly base XL as a truck, if it ever arrives 🤣
For real! I work every day offroad hauling 500lbs of compost and coconuts up muddy trails and on top of compost piles in my little jeep comanche. In 3 years I've loaded it to 2200lbs probably 15-20 times. Always loaded with tools, recovery gear and saws. Its lifted 3 inches and has 31s on it. Everyday I see tacos, rangers, f series, rams, and bowties. All shiny, big wheels, bedliners, spotless paint, all with nothing in the bed but $500 cooler and a surfboard. Maybe they move some furniture occasionally :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
Sponsored

8211badger

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
honda fit
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You love to see this. Great pics and glad you're enjoying the mav!

Old Fart

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT; 2016 Prius ECO
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Ha Ha Ha, snic, snic, waiting patiently, for my mild mannered hybrid. Not the AWD workhorse but my vehicles are always tools.

Sponsored

mrjspence

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Exactly. No need to talk down on it. Maverick looks like, smells like, tastes like, functions like a pickup truck. Therefore, it is a pickup truck. It's not truck-like. It's a truck, Built Ford Tough as they say, held to the same rigorous testing standards as any other BFT truck. Small and efficient, yet it's capable of more than many pickup drivers ever use their trucks for.
Yes my neighbor is a “contractor” (he re-assigns work to worker bees lol and doesn’t do much work himself) with a 3500 Ram dually diesel behemoth. I have never seen him towing anything and at most, carrying a ladder in the bed. He’s been eyeing our maverick for a few weeks now. I think it’s hitting him the mighty Mav can do everything (he needs) his 3500 to do at 1/3 the cost and 1/2 the operation costs + multi fold ease of maneuvering a Maverick around town vs a tank.

710-oil-614

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I guess they didn't want to create that new category sport adventure vehicle after all :)

Stop. Just stop it. Don't propagate that term. It is a stupid sounding trash description.

Is there a bigger, badder Corv out there I haven't heard of that necessitated calling it a Corvette? I didn't think so! Also, I don't feel like thinking about veal or chicken cutlets when I'm talking about my pickup.

Truck or Pickup will do.:p
I agree. We aren't french - this is America! It's trucklet.

But yes the Maverick is a real truck.

Bushpilot

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Volt
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Sponsored

Naranjita

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
NAH-RON-EE-TAH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Stop. Just stop it. Don't propagate that term. It is a stupid sounding trash description.

Is there a bigger, badder Corv out there I haven't heard of that necessitated calling it a Corvette? I didn't think so! Also, I don't feel like thinking about veal or chicken cutlets when I'm talking about my pickup.

Truck or Pickup will do.:p
Yeah, they don't call a small car a "carlette", it's just a car. A small car. But a car. No one uses the adjective small to describe the car unless its size is relevant to the discussion at hand. People just refer to their car.

"Let's take my car" and "I stopped at Jiffy Lube and got the oil changed in my car." And everyone else says things like, "Hey, I saw your car at the Starbucks drive through last night."

I would think anyone who doesn't use truck in reference to a Maverick is just trying to make some sort of point. As much as we all love our Mavericks, it's still just a truck. A small pickup truck.

8211badger

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
honda fit
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My hybrid is only 80 miles away. Been there for three days at least. Maybe I'll get to see it before our first payment
Mine's been in the railyard for 4 weeks and just got pushed to 1/22 eta. Don't get your hopes up

Bushpilot

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Volt
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Well, I carried 1100 lbs in the bed today, plus my wife and I in the cab. That was 150-200 lbs under gross wt.

And I have done three trips to Lowes, one to Home Depot, and one to the dump with it, using the bed as intended each time. That is in just under 2 weeks of ownership.

Yep, it's a truck.