First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 BMW Z3/Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I live northeast of Nashville and I have hauled some bulky and some heavy loads on and off road in my XLT with FX4. I bought this truck to haul wood for my woodturning plus have a comfortable daily driver. After one week it has proven to be great at both jobs.

Ford Maverick Is the Maverick a real truck? I think it is and I am going to use it like a truck. 20220112_104418

Ford Maverick Is the Maverick a real truck? I think it is and I am going to use it like a truck. 20220112_105642

Ford Maverick Is the Maverick a real truck? I think it is and I am going to use it like a truck. 20220112_110801

Ford Maverick Is the Maverick a real truck? I think it is and I am going to use it like a truck. 20220112_105618

Ford Maverick Is the Maverick a real truck? I think it is and I am going to use it like a truck. 20220112_105601-
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

Big_T

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Well, it won Truck of the Year, so it MUST be a truck! ;)

Maverick2022XL

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
name
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL, AWD, 4K tow, 2.0L EcoBoost
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I've been except for serious off roading and so far it has handled everything I've thrown at it. Like I said in my review this truck punches well above it's weight class and except for the small bed as long as you don't need to trailer heavy equipment or 5th wheelers it is as good as any mid size Ranger or F150 on the market right now for almost half the price if you stay to the XL or XLT trim level. Even with the higher trim levels it is still a good value in comparison. Include a tow trailer for larger items you are still well ahead on the money not spent for the same performance usage as either of those as long as you keep the lower trim levels then you are in low end Ranger territory on money spent.

Sponsored

Sponsored

pxpaulx

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Well, it won Truck of the Year, so it MUST be a truck! ;)
I guess they didn't want to create that new category sport adventure vehicle after all :)

Think trucklette would be the proper term.
Stop. Just stop it. Don't propagate that term. It is a stupid sounding trash description.

Is there a bigger, badder Corv out there I haven't heard of that necessitated calling it a Corvette? I didn't think so! Also, I don't feel like thinking about veal or chicken cutlets when I'm talking about my pickup.

Truck or Pickup will do.:p

jsus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Escape Hybrid AWD 😉
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Stop. Just stop it. Don't propagate that term. It is a stupid sounding trash description.
Exactly. No need to talk down on it. Maverick looks like, smells like, tastes like, functions like a pickup truck. Therefore, it is a pickup truck. It's not truck-like. It's a truck, Built Ford Tough as they say, held to the same rigorous testing standards as any other BFT truck. Small and efficient, yet it's capable of more than many pickup drivers ever use their trucks for.

tonyinsd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT, Ford Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It hauls as much as my Silverado does, which is definitely a truck. Just because the guys who buy huge trucks they'll never do anything more than haul groceries in say it isn't one doesn't make it so.

I mean, they'll tell you the fish they caught is two feet long when it's six inches at most.

ShadowChas

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
;) beauty is in the eye of the beholder & right now i be-holding my beautiful maverick and yes i believe this is the true SUV = sport utility vehicle since it really is an suv with an open cargo area and why most people only call full frame truck a truck. i personally don't care what anybody else calls it even if they say "trucklet" because i love the utility & fuel economy of my little truck since it does everything i need it to do
Sponsored