XLT
First Name
Chuck
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT FX4
Trim
XLT
;) beauty is in the eye of the beholder & right now i be-holding my beautiful maverick and yes i believe this is the true SUV = sport utility vehicle since it really is an suv with an open cargo area and why most people only call full frame truck a truck. i personally don't care what anybody else calls it even if they say "trucklet" because i love the utility & fuel economy of my little truck since it does everything i need it to do
Advertisement

Maverickman74

XLT
First Name
Shane
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Trim
XLT
So many people buy the bigger expensive trucks and never even use them. I fully intend on using my mostly base XL as a truck, if it ever arrives 🤣
For real! I work every day offroad hauling 500lbs of compost and coconuts up muddy trails and on top of compost piles in my little jeep comanche. In 3 years I've loaded it to 2200lbs probably 15-20 times. Always loaded with tools, recovery gear and saws. Its lifted 3 inches and has 31s on it. Everyday I see tacos, rangers, f series, rams, and bowties. All shiny, big wheels, bedliners, spotless paint, all with nothing in the bed but $500 cooler and a surfboard. Maybe they move some furniture occasionally :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

bradFORD

First Edition
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Trim
First Edition
I would think every U.S. Auto Parts Company ordered fleet Mavs for their business just like the old Ford Rangers still delivering parts today.

8211badger

XLT
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
honda fit
Trim
XLT
You love to see this. Great pics and glad you're enjoying the mav!

TimmyTruck

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Trim
Undecided
Trucklette is not talking down on it. Just means a small truck, which i believe the maverick is. You dont have to use the term but should not be an issue with others using it.

Last edited:

Old Fart

XLT
First Name
Mark
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Prius V; 2016 Prius ECO
Trim
XLT
Ha Ha Ha, snic, snic, waiting patiently, for my mild mannered hybrid. Not the AWD workhorse but my vehicles are always tools.

mrjspence

XLT
First Name
Jim
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model Y
Trim
XLT
Exactly. No need to talk down on it. Maverick looks like, smells like, tastes like, functions like a pickup truck. Therefore, it is a pickup truck. It's not truck-like. It's a truck, Built Ford Tough as they say, held to the same rigorous testing standards as any other BFT truck. Small and efficient, yet it's capable of more than many pickup drivers ever use their trucks for.
Yes my neighbor is a “contractor” (he re-assigns work to worker bees lol and doesn’t do much work himself) with a 3500 Ram dually diesel behemoth. I have never seen him towing anything and at most, carrying a ladder in the bed. He’s been eyeing our maverick for a few weeks now. I think it’s hitting him the mighty Mav can do everything (he needs) his 3500 to do at 1/3 the cost and 1/2 the operation costs + multi fold ease of maneuvering a Maverick around town vs a tank.

710-oil-614

XL
First Name
Cal
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Subaru Forester / 2010 Toyota Tacoma
Trim
XL
I guess they didn't want to create that new category sport adventure vehicle after all :)

Stop. Just stop it. Don't propagate that term. It is a stupid sounding trash description.

Is there a bigger, badder Corv out there I haven't heard of that necessitated calling it a Corvette? I didn't think so! Also, I don't feel like thinking about veal or chicken cutlets when I'm talking about my pickup.

Truck or Pickup will do.:p
I agree. We aren't french - this is America! It's trucklet.

But yes the Maverick is a real truck.

Bushpilot

XL
First Name
Greg
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Volt
Trim
XL

Naranjita

Lariat
First Name
NAH-RON-EE-TAH
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat
Trim
Lariat
Stop. Just stop it. Don't propagate that term. It is a stupid sounding trash description.

Is there a bigger, badder Corv out there I haven't heard of that necessitated calling it a Corvette? I didn't think so! Also, I don't feel like thinking about veal or chicken cutlets when I'm talking about my pickup.

Truck or Pickup will do.:p
Yeah, they don't call a small car a "carlette", it's just a car. A small car. But a car. No one uses the adjective small to describe the car unless its size is relevant to the discussion at hand. People just refer to their car.

"Let's take my car" and "I stopped at Jiffy Lube and got the oil changed in my car." And everyone else says things like, "Hey, I saw your car at the Starbucks drive through last night."

I would think anyone who doesn't use truck in reference to a Maverick is just trying to make some sort of point. As much as we all love our Mavericks, it's still just a truck. A small pickup truck.

8211badger

XLT
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
honda fit
Trim
XLT
My hybrid is only 80 miles away. Been there for three days at least. Maybe I'll get to see it before our first payment
Mine's been in the railyard for 4 weeks and just got pushed to 1/22 eta. Don't get your hopes up

Advertisement

Advertisement