Sponsored

Is the Ford Rep. still reading this? Received recall notice about side airbags but dealer says they still do not have parts available?

2020 GT500

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, 2023 Miata RF Club
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Received recall notice about the side impact airbags in my 2022 and the notice clearly stated with bold and underline the parts are now available but when I call my local dealer they say no they’re not. ??? Can you help?
Sponsored

jeffrol48197

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Explorer, 2009 Focus, 2019 Explorer
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Your dealer needs to write up a new repair order and use that to contact SSSC to special order parts for your specific vin, then wait until they show up...at that point they can contact you and schedule you in for replacement.

OP
OP
2020 GT500

2020 GT500

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I appreciate the reply but I’m going to let them figure this out. if they can’t figure out at the dealership level how to order something I’m not going to bother wasting my time if Ford wants to replace the airbags fine otherwise I will wait.

Ringo

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1953 MGTD, 1953 F100, 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Since I’m still waiting to find out how to get my battery issue addressed I think I’ll call the dealer on Monday and if they can’t figure out how to get the parts for the air bags without help then I’ll wait too!!

cannon

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL awd
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Received recall notice about the side impact airbags in my 2022 and the notice clearly stated with bold and underline the parts are now available but when I call my local dealer they say no they’re not. ??? Can you help?
jeffrol48197 is correct. The dealer can't give an ETA because the SSSC ordering system doesn't give one. I can say that we've been seeing them show up 1-2 days after ordering though.

Sponsored

Johnkn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, Viper, 66 Shelby, 68.5 CJ Mustang, Pantera
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If you take the truck to the dealership for the airbag recall and the dealership orders replacement parts, will they attempt to keep the truck until the parts arrive?

cannon

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL awd
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If you take the truck to the dealership for the airbag recall and the dealership orders replacement parts, will they attempt to keep the truck until the parts arrive?

Not for this recall. You can call to have your dealer open a repair order and they should schedule you when parts arrive.

fossil

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 SVT Cobra Mustang, HPR Lariat Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Did you get the recall just now?
Did the dealer order the parts for you?
If the Ford rep helps you it will be to start a repair order, you still will probably have to visit the dealer.

OP
OP
2020 GT500

2020 GT500

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
jeffrol48197 is correct. The dealer can't give an ETA because the SSSC ordering system doesn't give one. I can say that we've been seeing them show up 1-2 days after ordering though.
Cannon: are you a Ford parts dealer? If so, would you know why my safety recall notice from Ford says parts are avail? I’ll call Ford Cust svce Monday.

cannon

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL awd
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Cannon: are you a Ford parts dealer? If so, would you know why my safety recall notice from Ford says parts are avail? I’ll call Ford Cust svce Monday.
I am a parts counterman at a dealership. It says parts are available because Ford has stock available to order. There are plenty of recalls launched well in advance of parts being available so they are trying to get people to call their dealer and schedule.

If Ford would simplify the processes for obtaining parts to take care of our customers, everyone would be better off. As of now, there are several different sites and processes (hoops to jump through) that leave your dealer unable to be sure if/when parts will arrive.

Sponsored

UberGadgetFreak

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Marauder, 21 Bronco, 22 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
For me, they had me bring mine in so they could verify numbers on the existing airbags.
I was there all of about 15 minutes. I have to go back once they get the replacement parts which they said were available to order, so they should have them in a few days. I didn't have to leave my Mav there, and they said they would call as soon as the parts arrive to schedule coming back in to replace them.

bgn

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

For me, they had me bring mine in so they could verify numbers on the existing airbags.
I was there all of about 15 minutes. I have to go back once they get the replacement parts which they said were available to order, so they should have them in a few days. I didn't have to leave my Mav there, and they said they would call as soon as the parts arrive to schedule coming back in to replace them.
Looks like Ford/the dealerships are wasting everybody's time. Ford knows exactly what units have faulty airbags.

bigbicep24

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, 2020 Ford Transit , 1965 Chevelle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I just called my local dealer on Friday and they scheduled mine for February 21st.

UberGadgetFreak

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Marauder, 21 Bronco, 22 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Looks like Ford/the dealerships are wasting everybody's time. Ford knows exactly what units have faulty airbags.
Its possible. But its also possible they actually don't know to that level. It wouldn't be the first recall where a specific lot number of parts were the problem, but they didn't track lot numbers to VINs like you'd think they would. They didn't even pull it out of the service lane. They took the pillar trim off, photographed them, and put it back together. A few minutes later, they told me they had to order them and would call me to schedule replacement. That seems like they had to check a lot or batch number to confirm it was one needing replacement to me.

OP
OP
2020 GT500

2020 GT500

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Parts are on order…