• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Is it finally happening? 2024 Ranger making NA debut in May

Snkrjeff020

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Audi RS3
Occupation
Medical Scientist

Slyder

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
KTM 1290R
Occupation
Machinist
Next month is just 4 days away. ;) (wishful thinking on my part)

Now I hope it's 'debut' won't be May 25th, so I can at least prepare and submit my pre-order (subject to Ford's MSRP) to be entered on the 26th when I'm at work, so I can confirm and sign after work.

Slyder

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
KTM 1290R
Occupation
Machinist

DukeCanBuildit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Scab - Shadow Black
Those of us that frequent here have known this for quite a while, but what the op's post is referring to is basically the 'reveal', specs, trims & pricing we've all been waiting on.
Well, FA has shown itself to be speculative at best and uses it’s own special brand of wishful thinking as click bait most of the time.

Ford, itself, has kept the Ranger under wraps for so long, I expect their debut to only include a rendering and date with only a few, or no, details on specs, trim, or pricing.

So, I’ll believe it when I see it…on Ford’s build site.

Sponsored

Ranger#5?

First Name
GumbyDammit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, 2018 F-150, 2013 Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Retired

rwolfcastle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Ranger Raptor (Cactus Gray)
Well, FA has shown itself to be speculative at best and uses it’s own special brand of wishful thinking as click bait most of the time.

Ford, itself, has kept the Ranger under wraps for so long, I expect their debut to only include a rendering and date with only a few, or no, details on specs, trim, or pricing.

So, I’ll believe it when I see it…on Ford’s build site.
They never do a full reveal without videos of the truck functioning in the wild. They are way past renders at this point. You may be right about the rest though.

Ranger#5?

First Name
GumbyDammit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, 2018 F-150, 2013 Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Retired
Next month is just 4 days away. ;) (wishful thinking on my part)

Now I hope it's 'debut' won't be May 25th, so I can at least prepare and submit my pre-order (subject to Ford's MSRP) to be entered on the 26th when I'm at work, so I can confirm and sign after work.
wellll.... coincidentally me and my salesguy were looking at the calendar for May yesterday on this. I'm leaving town for a few days June 1st. 3-day Memorial Day holiday weekend is May 27-29th. I'm betting reveal drops to coincide with that weekend. Based on my Maverick experience I'll expect it to be on-line only with a celebrity spokesperson (hope it's not bitter Gabrielle Union again) video and announcing Reservations open at same time. You can also bet on-line build & price tool won't be active and order banks won't accept order inputs for a while after that.

Slyder

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
KTM 1290R
Occupation
Machinist
wellll.... coincidentally me and my salesguy were looking at the calendar for May yesterday on this. I'm leaving town for a few days June 1st. 3-day Memorial Day holiday weekend is May 27-29th. I'm betting reveal drops to coincide with that weekend. Based on my Maverick experience I'll expect it to be on-line only with a celebrity spokesperson (hope it's not bitter Gabrielle Union again) video and announcing Reservations open at same time. You can also bet on-line build & price tool won't be active and order banks won't accept order inputs for a while after that.
I haven't followed the '24 Mustang that closely, but it seems to me they went about it's whole reveal, order-banks and build & price a bit different than most of us are accustomed too, so the Ranger may end up with something along those lines.

We also know that some of the recent model roll-outs have been less that smooth (understatement), so they may also be playing it kind of safe in case demand is overwhelming for some trims like Raptor and other higher end trims we will get.
I fully expect Raptor orders to be locked down in less than a month but that will depend on it's MSRP, and you can bet flippers will be scrambling for it no matter what.

DukeCanBuildit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Scab - Shadow Black
They never do a full reveal without videos of the truck functioning in the wild. They are way past renders at this point. You may be right about the rest though.
Sure, that’s usually the case, but a few years ago, we could say, “They never open order banks without having the inventory scheduled to meet scheduled production. They are way past engineering drawings at this point.“

Yet, here we are. Based on recent events, I’ll believe it when I see it and be watching for the tiny text at the bottom of the video letting viewers know…

”Professional driver on closed course. European model shown.” ;)

Sponsored

DirtyRanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Ranger
I'd be genuinely surprised if we got anything of value May 1st-5th. $10 says its the satin cover coming off and Sam Elliot narrating the Raptor doing jumps. I'd bet trim reveals on the 19th. You give folks more than a week of being stuck in their own heads and the dealers are gonna get overwhelmed. Prove me wrong and I'll be a happy person.

OP
OP
Snkrjeff020

Snkrjeff020

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Audi RS3
Occupation
Medical Scientist
I don't understand why Ford has this much issues, when in comparison, the Colorado seems like it went off without a hitch. It was so straight forward; announcement was in late 2022, order banks opened in January, and now deliveries are taking place. They just need to figure it out.

Wayfaring Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I don't understand why Ford has this much issues, when in comparison, the Colorado seems like it went off without a hitch. It was so straight forward; announcement was in late 2022, order banks opened in January, and now deliveries are taking place. They just need to figure it out.
if you think the colorado/canyon went off without a hitch you really need to browse their forums more. the truck has been "out" for 3 months and most dealers still don't even have a single model on the lot and only 1 or 2 forum members have received their order.

i scheduled a test drive at my local dealer when I noticed they had a z71 in transit 4 weeks ago. it's still listed as "in transit" and i live 40 minutes from the chevy plant.

OP
OP
Snkrjeff020

Snkrjeff020

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Audi RS3
Occupation
Medical Scientist
if you think the colorado/canyon went off without a hitch you really need to browse their forums more. the truck has been "out" for 3 months and most dealers still don't even have a single model on the lot and only 1 or 2 forum members have received their order.
Yeah, I know there was the hold-up with the EPA issue, but relatively speaking, it doesn't seem like it's going to take customers over a year to get their orders.

carmigo

First Name
Carmigo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Occupation
We help people sell their car's in the easiest way possible.