Sponsored

Is glare an issue on infotainment screen?

djw479

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Mav Lariat Lux / '90 ZR-1 / '03 Yamaha V-Max
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

The recent infotainment screen protector thread caused me to think of a possible glare issue.

I've seen in a few reviews (of the many I've read) where the it was mentioned the screen fades in bright sunlight due to being completely horizontal.

I test drove an XLT on a cloudy, rainy day prior to ordering mine so was unable to see any potential glare issue.

So, for anyone who has received their Mav:
- Is glare an issue on sunny days?
- If so, has anyone found a screen protector that reduces the glare issue?

I guess the waiting period for my Hybrid is beginning to get to me. This is a monor issue (if it exists) but just wondering.
Sponsored

vezpa

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
EMG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too many to list.
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I haven't notced a glare issue but it really should be brighter and it should have been tilted back a touch.

WannaMav

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Might - might - be a concern on a bright day with light coming in from the sunroof?

Efab

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Edwin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT FWD 2.0 EB LUX
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
No issues on mine. But i do have 5% tint all around so that might help it

Maveriac

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT AWD, Ford F150 Lariat 4WD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I will wait until my windows are tinted; legal filtering of course, then see how that affects the display.

Sponsored

Buzz_Bronski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT AWD FX4
I don't really have any issues with glare. Fingerprints are somewhat visible, but even that isn't too bad. I do have the 2 front windows tinted to match the rear though

Mav

First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat Maverick
None that I’ve seen

Area51FM

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
The recent infotainment screen protector thread caused me to think of a possible glare issue.

I've seen in a few reviews (of the many I've read) where the it was mentioned the screen fades in bright sunlight due to being completely horizontal.

I test drove an XLT on a cloudy, rainy day prior to ordering mine so was unable to see any potential glare issue.

I guess the waiting period for my Hybrid is beginning to get to me. This is a monor issue (if it exists) but just wondering.
Glare is not the problem. Contrast and brightness are. The screen is dim and dull in sunlight even with max brightness

tomahawk72

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
No glare on my XLT!

OleFordGuy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Lariat, Expedition Limited, 22 Mav Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Sponsored

oljackfrost

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They're all sold, waiting for Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I bought the Panda Motorworks screen protector and so far am not impressed. It will help with fingerprints but it just introduces a different kind of glare. Without it I could see reflections but could still read the screen; with it there is a matte haze over the screen that makes it difficult to read. By the way, if you do buy one, be aware that the protector is kiss cut, you can’t see it easily and I thought the protector was oversized and cut it down - when I peeled it off I discovered the die cut lines. I made it work, but be forewarned.

Jmav2152

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Mav, 15' KTM 1190 ADV R, 19' Husq TE250i
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It's probably going to be more apparent on base level radios. Lariat Lux with sync 3 have been reported to have more vibrant colors and better brightness. My own experience with my GFs BS badlands has had zero head unit issues in that regard and she has a moonroof and like 35% tint on the front windows. Probably will get her a brow on the windshield sooner rather than later.

dalola

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sunsetridgecabinhockinghills.com
Vehicle(s)
F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
This (glare) may be why the Mav screen is almost sloped slightly downward. My Honda Pilot has a screen that is considerably up-sloped, and the glare makes it unreadable in certain conditions.

JT133

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Edge Titanium

I have a Hybrid XLT and am disappointed with the glare issue on the infotainment screen. At times, I can only see a reflection of the side window. It is also not bright enough for these old eyes. I have searched for a screen protector to help with the glare but most of them scare me off with the negative reviews. If anyone has found a good one I'd appreciate hearing about it.

New2AZ

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic EX Hatchback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Glare hasn't been a problem for me, though like others, my front windows are tinted to match the back. It DOES become an issue if I have the moonroof shade opened though. Even if the glass is still closed. Maybe I should get that glass tinted more too?
Anyway, fingerprints are inevitable with this screen. I just keep a little microfibre rag handy to give it a wipe now and then.
Sponsored