NoCoolNameDave

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Since the Maverick Tremors have the same rear drive unit as the Focus RS would it be possible to add the drift drive mode they had?
Sponsored

fossil

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 SVT Cobra Mustang, HPR Lariat Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Since the Maverick Tremors have the same rear drive unit as the Focus RS would it be possible to add the drift drive mode they had?
tried googling RS drift mode and got crickets
have any info?
edit, never mind fixed search setting

Last edited:

NoVaJimmy

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lexus GX 460
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
No, the 2.0L does not put out enough torque.
Has nothing to do with torque and the 2.0 puts out plenty anyway.......it would just be a matter of software/ECM programming which I doubt is possible while retaining all of the other Tremor/Maverick specific functions.

volksnuts

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat HPR
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

It’s not listed as an already programmed option so someone would have to somehow add it
So that would be outside of what Forscan can do… which is how most system changes on Ford vehicles are done

Sponsored

OP
OP
NoCoolNameDave

NoCoolNameDave

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It’s not listed as an already programmed option so someone would have to somehow add it
So that would be outside of what Forscan can do… which is how most system changes on Ford vehicles are done
Sorry I'm new to all this ForScan stuff first ford I've had in a while. So it can only modify or enable things that are already there not program or write anything new.

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Sorry I'm new to all this ForScan stuff first ford I've had in a while. So it can only modify or enable things that are already there not program or write anything new.
Somebody who works at Ford or atleast the company that does their programming can do it then.

volksnuts

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat HPR
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Correct
Unless a module from the Focus can be added into the Maverick ecosystem
Which is unlikely (I’m no expert)

bgn

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

The Maverick doesn't like going sideways from the factory. 😉

Sponsored

Ottocycle

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23' RS6 Avant, 14' CTS-V Wagon, 87' BMW 535is
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Why don't you try and fit an aftermarket LSD from a focus in the Mavericks rear pumpkin, turn off traction control(not sure if it actually turns off 100%, so...) and drift the old school way with just your right foot feathering the throttle? Will be much easier than trying to get the rear end module from the RS to communicate with the Mav. Although a used RS rear diff with the module go for $700-$1000 on ebay. Might be worth playing with for that price. I would if Ford quits delaying my build date.

OP
OP
NoCoolNameDave

NoCoolNameDave

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Why don't you try and fit an aftermarket LSD from a focus in the Mavericks rear pumpkin, turn off traction control(not sure if it actually turns off 100%, so...) and drift the old school way with just your right foot feathering the throttle? Will be much easier than trying to get the rear end module from the RS to communicate with the Mav. Although a used RS rear diff with the module go for $700-$1000 on ebay. Might be worth playing with for that price. I would if Ford quits delaying my build date.
I have a Tremor which has the module you speak of in it already. I was just wondering if its possible to get the Focus RS Drift drive mode added to the Maverick which completely disables traction control.

Ottocycle

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I have a Tremor which has the module you speak of in it already. I was just wondering if its possible to get the Focus RS Drift drive mode added to the Maverick which completely disables traction control.
Ahh my bad, did not realize you had a tremor. Do we know if the tremor RDU is the same as the Ford RS? Might need to swap if they are different. Also fond this page on the Focus RS forum regarding RDU tuning. Link below
https://www.focusrs.org/threads/cracking-the-code-rdu-tuning-development.86562/page-1

About 57 pages to read through. Ill let you know if i come across something in that thread that might shed some light on this topic. Also Duuuval!

Ottocycle

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Correct.

Drift mode on the RS is controlled by the ecu. Do not mess with RDU
Sponsored