Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Im just curious if anyone has been watching Canoo's stock? I have been casually interested in the van itself however cant do EV at this time of my life. But it really seems like a great layout, chassis, concept, design, etc. Also the stock is trading around $0.60 right now and they are planning on shipping commercial vehicles out this summer representing their first sales. I bought F stock when it was at $6 and was really happy at $24 but am still satisfied and ambitious about it curently at $12-ish. Anyway I picked up 62 shares this morning of GOEV simply because I had some spare change in my TDAmeritrade acct. If I read much more good about em I may try to go for 1000 shares by July.

Any thoughts?
Sponsored

Tiger Dude

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Skip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Warren Buffet has said that investing in Technology is a crap shoot. You have no idea what will be successful and what won't be. Regular car manufacturers came and went in droves back in the day.

OP
OP
Maverickman74

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

It definitely feels like the flip of a coin right now. 0.60 cents is really hard to argue against with the potential upside though. I think if i havent read anything bad by my next paycheck i will throw my tips from the next 2 weeks at it.

OB1e

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CG LUX XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm waiting for RIDE to go bankrupt

TonyTee

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
tonytrafficlight.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 XLT Hybrid, 2023 iRacing F-150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I've had some for a year and a half. My GOEV has lost 76% so far. I think they may get their stock price back up there. I bought my first shares in July 2022 at $4.27 when things were looking up. Got up to around $6.00 for a bit. I still think their Walmart deal and a few other potential suitors may bring their stock price up again.............someday............

Sponsored

OP
OP
Maverickman74

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I've had some for a year and a half. My GOEV has lost 76% so far. I think they may get their stock price back up there. I bought my first shares in July 2022 at $4.27 when things were looking up. Got up to around $6.00 for a bit. I still think their Walmart deal and a few other potential suitors may bring their stock price up again.............someday............
Hey if you get up to making money again I will be super happy. Especially if I get a few hundred in before then.

Barksdale123

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

How long do you want to wait, How much risk can you take? The market is flooded with EV start ups. Some will make it some won't. GOEV is building trucks. alot of capital is needed to move forward with real production numbers.

OP
OP
Maverickman74

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Well Im 38 with a mortgage on land worth twice the debt, got no savings except 600 shares of F, and plan on retiring about 10 years after I have to work hard at moving my arms and legs 10 hours a day. Retirement for me is moving gravel around the neighborhood with a tractor for enough dough to survive. I can wait forever and risk is all relative to me. $500 a couple times a year is no different to me then buying a tool or car parts that barely get used but really just give me convenience. I think its as good as any for a cheap stock. Their product really has alot of thought put in it. If I could go ev they would be one of my first picks.

john218

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL, Mercedes C300
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Outside of my retirement portfolio I have been dabbling with a few of the speculative EV stocks including GOEV. So far it has been a journey of buying on the way down with hopes for good return in 5+ years. I'm not a "tree hugger" but I do like the idea of electric vehicles as an alternative to ICE. As an industry (IMHO) the infrastructure needs more ramp up.

FromAway

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat FX4 4K Cactus Grey
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
They could be the next Tesla, or they could be like every other car manufacturer that has failed in recent history. Even Tesla is still experiencing teething issues. The engineers and executives seem very confident and all in, but that can only get you so far. There are so many potential problems that many others have not been able to overcome.

Sponsored

Barksdale123

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Im just curious if anyone has been watching Canoo's stock? I have been casually interested in the van itself however cant do EV at this time of my life. But it really seems like a great layout, chassis, concept, design, etc. Also the stock is trading around $0.60 right now and they are planning on shipping commercial vehicles out this summer representing their first sales. I bought F stock when it was at $6 and was really happy at $24 but am still satisfied and ambitious about it curently at $12-ish. Anyway I picked up 62 shares this morning of GOEV simply because I had some spare change in my TDAmeritrade acct. If I read much more good about em I may try to go for 1000 shares by July.

Any thoughts?
If you don't already use a sight like market best for more info on the stock. Also a site called stock twits has a lot of people who appear to be in the market slot. Their opinions are theirs, plain unvarnished and direct.

OP
OP
Maverickman74

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Outside of my retirement portfolio I have been dabbling with a few of the speculative EV stocks including GOEV. So far it has been a journey of buying on the way down with hopes for good return in 5+ years. I'm not a "tree hugger" but I do like the idea of electric vehicles as an alternative to ICE. As an industry (IMHO) the infrastructure needs more ramp up.
I do occasionally hug trees but only while hiking and such. Otherwise I'm just a practical gearhead. When I first saw their skateboard chassis and that it was all drive by wire, my immediate thought was that thing needs a racing seat and a roll bar. Apparently they already did that so that got me liking them a bit.

OP
OP
Maverickman74

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

If you don't already use a sight like market best for more info on the stock. Also a site called stock twits has a lot of people who appear to be in the market slot. Their opinions are theirs, plain unvarnished and direct.
I will take a look at em. Thanks

OP
OP
Maverickman74

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

They could be the next Tesla, or they could be like every other car manufacturer that has failed in recent history. Even Tesla is still experiencing teething issues. The engineers and executives seem very confident and all in, but that can only get you so far. There are so many potential problems that many others have not been able to overcome.
The thing that interested me the most is that they started with commercial only applications. Thats a good way to build a bottom line. If they never go further than commercial they could still be a successful company.

Barksdale123

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

The thing that interested me the most is that they started with commercial only applications. Thats a good way to build a bottom line. If they never go further than commercial they could still be a successful company.
Very true, IMO better than going consumer market as that is crammed and jammed with competitors, some very big. I'm still smarting from Nicola.
Sponsored