First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 AWD XLT ECO LUX CP360 HPR
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
In fact, watch Munro Live in general. Sandy Munro will slowly but surely lift you out of your automotive ignorance, one show at a time. What was really cool about this particular interview is that it shows just how "everyman" Jim Farley is. The guy races. He doesn't spend 10 minutes saying nothing. Also the Lightning lead, who's impressed me on several interviews. And Doug Fields too. This group is not populated with backslapping blowhards, unlike some competitors.

Kind of promising to see Ford is in these hands.

Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

cavemold

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick 2022 Eco 2.0
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

In fact, watch Munro Live in general. Sandy Munro will slowly but surely lift you out of your automotive ignorance, one show at a time. What was really cool about this particular interview is that it shows just how "everyman" Jim Farley is. The guy races. He doesn't spend 10 minutes saying nothing. Also the Lightning lead, who's impressed me on several interviews. And Doug Fields too. This group is not populated with backslapping blowhards, unlike some competitors.

i enjoyed i loved the reasoning for maverick unibody. They were right.

Vols44

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Edge
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Appreciate the find. I'll have to watch the full video later and post my comments. I skimmed through this evening and found all panelists to be candid.

aitch-2-oh

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Taurus X
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Fascinating. Impressive to watch Sandy at the 3-minute mark become speechless and visibly staggered by Farleys assessment of his contribution, including the ‘stick your head above the parapet’ imagery. Awesome.

J_Garn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Edge
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Great interview, and I hope people use this as a reference for when they start to take the current manufacturing realities personally. Ford is clearly in very good hands with this team towards the helm, so if their decision is to stop all hybrid scheduling, move back ordering dates, adjust lines to account for new constraints, etc, then it's a good bet to assume they're playing the best hands they can with the cards in their pocket.

Sponsored

OleFordGuy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Lariat, Expedition Limited, 22 Mav Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Great interview, and I hope people use this as a reference for when they start to take the current manufacturing realities personally. Ford is clearly in very good hands with this team towards the helm, so if their decision is to stop all hybrid scheduling, move back ordering dates, adjust lines to account for new constraints, etc, then it's a good bet to assume they're playing the best hands they can with the cards in their pocket.
I totally agree but the whiners and gotta have it now types won't see it that way. Granted the spot alot of us are at in this forum is a frustrating time so an occasional venting is understandable, but I 'm amazed at the number that just can't be happy IMO

Bodageta

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
RICHARD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Chevrolet K1500, 1989 Corvette Conv
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I can’t be happy. I placed an order Oct 9, 2021 and have no Maverick and my order is missing and Ford won’t investigate as to why and I’ll probably have to wait another year and pay higher prices for a MY23. I won’t get the private deal or my place in line. I’ll wait probably an aggregate of 2 years. I would like to know if I’m the most screwed over Maverick orderer of all time or if there are more of me. So no I can’t be happy. Sorry. At least there are much more important things in life. I’m thankful for many blessings but a new Maverick isn’t one of my blessings. Maybe not getting it is more of a blessing then I’ll ever know. I hope it works out for everyone else.

OleFordGuy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Lariat, Expedition Limited, 22 Mav Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I can’t be happy. I placed an order Oct 9, 2021 and have no Maverick and my order is missing and Ford won’t investigate as to why and I’ll probably have to wait another year and pay higher prices for a MY23. I won’t get the private deal or my place in line. I’ll wait probably an aggregate of 2 years. I would like to know if I’m the most screwed over Maverick orderer of all time or if there are more of me. So no I can’t be happy. Sorry. At least there are much more important things in life. I’m thankful for many blessings but a new Maverick isn’t one of my blessings. Maybe not getting it is more of a blessing then I’ll ever know. I hope it works out for everyone else.
You Sir are definitely not in the mentioned category. Have no idea where the ball got dropped but irregardless it is very unfortunate. I hope it all works out for you. On the positive side, based on your last 3-4 sentences, your a good postive person with your head screwed on straight. I tip my hat to you Sir.

7Litre

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sonata Hybrid, 2023 Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
i enjoyed i loved the reasoning for maverick unibody. They were right.
Can you give a time mark for that comment? Thanks in advance.

zakstang

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Watched yesterday....great interview....definitely worth a watch

Sponsored

CTYankee

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.catvert68.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Overall, I thought the video was interesting but, as near as I can tell, Jim Farley did a very subtle bit of sleight of hand. When the topic of inventory came up, Farley shifted the conversation to days on the dealer lot and made no mention of trucks sitting in Ford's storage lots.

Last I heard, there were still tens of thousands of trucks parked waiting for parts needed to complete the build. In any business in any industry WIP is still inventory unless they are shipping it to recognize the revenue before it's ever customer-ready.

There were moments when I thought Linda Zhang was covering up either a brain freeze or a bit of topical unfamiliarity.

Other than those moments, it was a lot of good information, showed good strategic planning at the product level, and suggests that Ford should remain globally competitive if they work through the supply chain issues.

MostlySafeBear

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(Eventually) a Ford Truck
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

TheGriffin1313

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mongo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Mav, 05 M3, 07GSXR
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

wow the humility of these folks is refreshing.

WNYEscapee

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick, 2019 Cherokee
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I totally agree but the whiners and gotta have it now types won't see it that way. Granted the spot alot of us are at in this forum is a frustrating time so an occasional venting is understandable, but I 'm amazed at the number that just can't be happy IMO
Working at a dealership you realize all the problems they have just being able to keep something of a reasonable supply of parts distribution going. Any and virtually everything has cycled on and off of backorder at least once or twice. It's very frustrating to try and assist a customer with the repair of their vehicle when the parts to do so just aren't available and nobody can tell you when they will be. And as for aftermarket parts, they are not faring much better, either -- try and service a used vehicle only to find that rotors aren't available anywhere and all potential sources tell you it's likely to be a couple months.
Knowing this, you can understand why it is that some vehicle lines aren't churning out orders on a regular and consistent level. And knowing this, you shouldn't be expecting a vehicle to be supplied to you in a matter of a couple weeks.
That said, some people have had the most amazing patience waiting for their Maverick, and I know I'll be anxious to get mine, yet I know that when my order goes in, it will be in line with thousands of others, and their future owners will be just as anxious to receive them -- and yet some others, knowing the issues that have existed, will be displaying some level near that of a mental illness as they wait for theirs, coming unglued and ranting and raving about how it's Ford's fault suppliers can't get materials or hire enough people to do the jobs which need to be performed in order for their vehicle to be produced. There's still restaurants here that, if they haven't closed, have closed a day or two a week because they can't hire people to allow them to remain open like they used to be prior to the Wuhan lockdown. ...and some businesses are paying well above NY state minimum wage at $15-20/hr. It's just the way it is, people need to realize this as for some length of time this is going to be the new "normal" we have to live with.
Sponsored