Sponsored

Intermittent no power isuue

Ckisela

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT Hybrid
Yesterday after running errands, stop/starts, etc I stopped and went to get my kids out of the truck. I thought they had fiddled with the door lock since it was locked from the outside. Using my keyfob to unlock the truck didn't work, then going back to the driver seat and pressing the unlock button didn't work either. The truck decided it was time for no power. None.
I manually unlocked the car and got the kids out, called the dealership on a Sunday and had the sales team forward me the number to Ford roadside assistance. While going through the unexpected long call wait I happened to try my keyfob a few more times and after about 5 mins since the last incident, it worked! We finished up our errand, came back and it worked without a problem...until I got home-about 2.5 miles away. Then the same issue, no locks, dead truck.

This morning (Monday) the truck un/locked from the keyfob, which I'm guessing would also start it. I read a little about a cold solder joint or wiring harness, I'll update with any news.

Edit:
2022 hybrid
Sponsored

Last edited:

Boomhauer1

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2010
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yesterday after running errands, stop/starts, etc I stopped and went to get my kids out of the truck. I thought they had fiddled with the door lock since it was locked from the outside. Using my keyfob to unlock the truck didn't work, then going back to the driver seat and pressing the unlock button didn't work either. The truck decided it was time for no power. None.
I manually unlocked the car and got the kids out, called the dealership on a Sunday and had the sales team forward me the number to Ford roadside assistance. While going through the unexpected long call wait I happened to try my keyfob a few more times and after about 5 mins since the last incident, it worked! We finished up our errand, came back and it worked without a problem...until I got home-about 2.5 miles away. Then the same issue, no locks, dead truck.

This morning (Monday) the truck un/locked from the keyfob, which I'm guessing would also start it. I read a little about a cold solder joint or wiring harness, I'll update with any news.
Please state which you have eco/hybrid and let us know what they find out!

Bad Actor

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01 Ranger XLT, 73 Mustang Base, 02 Toyota Camry
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Sounds like just a loose battery cable, I'd check that first.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
Undecided

Edit:
2022 hybrid
Hey there! I can look into your Maverick's un/locked concerns on my end. Will you send us a message with your VIN and dealership info?

stick

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep wrangler 4xe; 13 vw gli; 21 maverick xlt
please let us know what is determined. way to complex. with the pressure on chip/board manufacturers, I could see a bad computer board. Chips today are connected using a BGA (ball grid array) that can have cracks/occlusions if the connection didnt wet. One chip can have over 500 connections. with the random impact of EVERYTHING, my bet is on a chip/board replacement. Close second is the canbus - which connects everything to everything. fingers crossed that just a not seated properly canbus connection.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Ckisela

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT Hybrid
Ford has had the truck since last Tuesday (5/3), didn't get a chance to look into it until 5/6, and when I called on 5/9 here's the report I received:
-We aren't able to replicate the issue all the time (I made sure the truck generated the non-start issue while I was there)
-Their techs aren't able to dial into what is happening or to find the source of the issue
-They reached out to the Ford engineers for help.

It sounds like this may be the first of it's kind with the Maverick, my Lightning can't come soon enough.

Rojo

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT, Alto Blue, AWD Eco-Boost, Lux
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
This is going to sound odd but you might have them reprogram your keys and security system to be in sync. I've had a similar issue on a different car and it was the security system preventing the car from functioning because it thought I was using a fake key. They reprogrammed everything and I haven't had the same issue since.

OP
OP

Ckisela

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT Hybrid
I got a call yesterday and was told they are going to replace the PCB and it should take about a week to get the board with a few more days for install.

OP
OP

Ckisela

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT Hybrid
Short update as per my Ford dealership:
The PCB was replaced with no results. They added a gateway between the PCB and truck with no change to the intermittent issue.
At this point it takes a couple days for corporate to suggest a fix, the dealership to implement the fix, then to test.

Sponsored

Gotey

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet Volt
ANY update
Short update as per my Ford dealership:
The PCB was replaced with no results. They added a gateway between the PCB and truck with no change to the intermittent issue.
At this point it takes a couple days for corporate to suggest a fix, the dealership to implement the fix, then to test.
Any update on your issue? I ask because it looks like as of today I have a similar issue. Went to get in mine no power at all not even door locks. Haven't had time to call the dealer since I was leaving on an emergency so just jumped in my car and left. Mines a hybrid.

OP
OP

Ckisela

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT Hybrid
Yes, I have an update. Ford engineers finally determined that it was a 12 V battery wiring harness issue. The engineers are currently developing a fix, then need to manufacture the new harness. Service has had my truck for a month now and I was quoted anywhere from 3 to 6 months until I get my truck back. Since your issue sounds somewhat similar to the issue my truck is having, have your dealership reach out to future Ford in Sacramento. They may share information

Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element/ Toyota Highlander
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yes, I have an update. Ford engineers finally determined that it was a 12 V battery wiring harness issue. The engineers are currently developing a fix, then need to manufacture the new harness. Service has had my truck for a month now and I was quoted anywhere from 3 to 6 months until I get my truck back. Since your issue sounds somewhat similar to the issue my truck is having, have your dealership reach out to future Ford in Sacramento. They may share information
Jesus - That sucks.

Gotey

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet Volt
Jesus that sucks sorry you're going through that. I won't be able to get mine to the dealer until Monday since they're closed. If they come at me with a 3 to 6 month estimate they'll unfortunately be buying it back. That would be a shame because up until today I've really been enjoying the thing.

NevergettinMaverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Man
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Clarity
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That is INSANE, but, I was reading recently that wiring harnesses were hard to come by these days, so to me it kinda makes sense. Hopefully they issue a fix in all future built trucks.
Sponsored