Sponsored

WhoAmI2021

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 6S Wagon, E250, Kia Soul
Nice data. I Love how quiet the ride is in my Maverick Lariat Hybrid. It is quite an unexpected benefit.
Sponsored

Scott Asheville

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 AWD XLT ECO LUX CP360 HPR
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

spuds_mackenzie

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat Hot pepper red
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So I just checked and at 60mph my Apple Watch recorded 59db. This was on a pretty smooth asphalt road. The AC was turned off. I’d say this was almost all wind noise.

What program did you use for your measurements? I’d like to try it again with the same app to see if we’re more in line with each other.

Edit: never mind I see you posted what you used just above.

Sponsored

Connect

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Honda Accord, 2023 Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks for posting... that is one thing I was hoping for in my next vehicle is a little quieter than my current one so nice to know compared to a Mazda 3 that it is. :)

Backyard-Dawg

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I would love to see the XL vs XLT vs Lariat vs 1st edition to see if there is a significant difference. I know some pepole have pointed out there was some flashing the Lariat had that the XL does not and I'm curious how much that affects the noise and shaking of parts. Not sure how we would be able to test that with different driving tracks and styles but would be interesting to see if it is significant.

Euby

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I'm not planning on going off-road (except the occasional gravel parking lot). What kinds of tires would anyone suggest to help with keeping road noise to a minimum?

My VW Beetle (203k+ miles) has developed quite a few rattles over the years. Spent the day yesterday futzing with the sunroof not wanting to close. The liner on the sliding part had blocked it from closing completely. The glue holding any bit of fabric on any part of the car has deteriorated so I just pulled it off the rest of the way. I'm so ready for a new car.

Prostate Heaven

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
I never understood everyone poo-pooing the Mavericks road noise. I thought it was unremarkable and comparable or better than other similar vehicles I'd driven in the past.

To be fair, I also drive with my windows down all the time so it's not like a little road noise bothers me.

Sponsored

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Those sound levels seem unbelievably low. Car and Driver did sound measurements of cars for decades. Typically, a luxury car would be slightly under 70 dB. A crazy quiet car might hit 66. 46 just sounds way too low? Of course, they were measuring at highway speed.
Because a phone microphone isn't anywhere near calibrated for this sort of measurement. Even using different apps on the same phone can give significantly different decibel readings.

bob_vic

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT
Just wanted to post a comparison of the road noise level I recorded of my old 2010 Mazda 3 VS my new Maverick Lariat with the acoustic windshield.

These were both recorded multiple times over the same stretch of highway at the same time of the day with no radio or HVAC running so this is as close to pure driving noise as you can get. The Mazda peaked at 66.1 DB while the Maverick came in much quieter at 49.5.

Mazda.jpg

Maverick.jpg
Cool to see some numbers on this. I haven't had a problem with noise at all and I have an XLT. I think this issue has been overblown for sure

OP
OP
Elduchey

Elduchey

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Because a phone microphone isn't anywhere near calibrated for this sort of measurement. Even using different apps on the same phone can give significantly different decibel readings.
This. Everyone is gonna get a different reading unless the control conditions are the exact same and that's just not gonna happen unless it's done professionally.

My test numbers show me that my Mazda was for more noisy than my Maverick and thats all I wanted to know. The exact decibel (while great to know) should be taken with a grain of salt.

uh50

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hchaney.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, VB, 2.0 EB
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Just wanted to post a comparison of the road noise level I recorded of my old 2010 Mazda 3 VS my new Maverick Lariat with the acoustic windshield.

These were both recorded multiple times over the same stretch of highway at the same time of the day with no radio or HVAC running so this is as close to pure driving noise as you can get. The Mazda peaked at 66.1 DB while the Maverick came in much quieter at 49.5.
Anyone remember the Ford LTD advertisements in the late 60s where they bragged that the cabin noise a highway driving speeds was 68db or below? :cool:
Sponsored