Sponsored

Instead of all the complaining....how about IT'S ONE HELL OF A SMALL TRUCK thread!

Bobinmi

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mr me.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
walking and talking
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I see lots and lots of complaints on here about the Maverick. I for one, LOVE my hybrid Maverick. One hell of a nice truck. Has FAR exceeded my expectations, especially considering the price point! Ford - You hit a HOME RUN with this little truck! THANKS for producing it and keeping it competitive. I have 8200 miles, and have averaged 43 MPG over the last 5k+ miles, with 40 percent hwy, 60 city.

Ford Maverick Instead of all the complaining....how about IT'S ONE HELL OF A SMALL TRUCK thread! maverickcactusgray
Sponsored

MLowe05

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Tesla MYP & M3RWD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You mean to tell me that we're supposed to accept some compromises on a vehicle engineered to have a starting price at $19,995?

Say it ain't so.

For the record, I agree with you. I drove an XL EB for a month and was surprised at just how nice it felt to drive and ride in given the price point. But no one should buy a car today, in 2022, for $22,500 and expect it to be a luxurious experience. Set reasonable expectations and you'll be thrilled with a Maverick.

n0maverick

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Tiguan, 2022 Maverick, 2013 Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I picked mine up yesterday and its definitely bigger and nicer than I was expecting.

Chris_G

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C-6 Corvette
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
WTF?
I expect hand crafted quality for $19,000.

WannaMav

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Agreed there's plenty of value and performance packed into a small package with the Maverick. Ford managed to concentrate on the cake in lieu of the icing this time. Plus it's a doggone pleasure to drive.

Moving along to something more smile inducing than practical, strictly for entertainment purposes -

Now, if craving ultra luxury for $20k (and don't mind the wait of several decades for one to show up), well, there's this:

Sponsored

Islandman

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
What a great little truck! I was super lucky to have picked up a Lariat Maverick after someone backed out because of the dealer markup that they just couldn’t accept! The story is we had our 2021 trailblazer totaled out in an accident and looked for any vehicle with the Maverick #1, Santa Cruz #2 and an Escape #3. We knew the Maverick was not going to happen, at least we thought so, however after looking at the Santa Cruz and waiting for a front wheel drive only we were moving to the escape when the Ford dealer we had contacted let us know of the available Maverick!!! Sight unseen we needed a vehicle so we put a deposit and drove 80 miles to seal the deal.
I am blown away by this truck! to get over 45 miles combined miles so far is just magnificent for a truck of any size. I could not be more happy with it. I have moved storage, helped my daughter move props for a dance recital and more while riding in a very comfortable riding super fuel saving TRUCK. The Santa Cruz was nice but the fuel mileage is no match to the Maverick Hybrid and the Escape was higher in price. Neither could match the Maverick.
The craziest thing was that while driving it back home I did not see one other Maverick. Not one. When getting to FL no matter where I went it was a car show. I had people waiting outside the supermarkets, restaurants to ask when I ordered the Maverick, which I did not, and asking to look inside. Crazy following! Thank God there are move around so the car show is finally over lol!
Ford Maverick Instead of all the complaining....how about IT'S ONE HELL OF A SMALL TRUCK thread! A22024AF-F5AF-462B-886E-94DE10C1B6E2
Ford Maverick Instead of all the complaining....how about IT'S ONE HELL OF A SMALL TRUCK thread! 3449F557-DB98-4647-8C47-E72345A754A8
Ford Maverick Instead of all the complaining....how about IT'S ONE HELL OF A SMALL TRUCK thread! D93B0F82-EA94-4246-9D2F-B601910ED0EA

FESTUS

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Velocity Blue Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

We have a velocity blue 2.0 eco and love it we have had it since 10/26/21. is a versital little truck and around town we avg 27/28 mpg on mid grade fuel. its also very fun to drive. Ford hit a HOMERUN on this one.

CenTexMav

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Previous: Subaru WRX, Challanger RT, RAM 1500
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

The more I drive my truck the more I enjoy the way it is designed. I have as good or better ride and more flexibility than cars and trucks I have owned in the past that I paid roughly the same amount for. I have the FWD EB and easily get 29 mpg without trying. I wish the radio was better or there was an easy upgrade to it... but that is a very minor fuss point. The radio works, my AndroidAuto works.. so it really does what it was meant to. With a bed cover, I have an enormous trunk I can open up and easily reach into from the side. I also happen to think it looks pretty cool. The unibody gives it a little extra character without being obnoxious (like a Santa Cruz.) I have 7000 miles on it now and climbing. As I said... the more I drive it, the more i enjoy it.

MvrkECWI

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick, Crosstrek
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
All the good PR is overshadowed by all the unfilled orders. Obviously more excitement from the haves than the have-nots.

Aabxltlux4k

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick, RAV4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
What is wrong with complaining about trivial things? I wish the door handle was 3.583 mm further to the left. Ford how can you do this to me?

Sponsored

Clarkdonbran

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

What is wrong with complaining about trivial things? I wish the door handle was 3.583 mm further to the left. Ford how can you do this to me?
I’d prefer 3.75.

Clarkdonbran

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

My Mav has become my hobby. I was not a “car guy” before my Mav and now I can’t stop accessorizing!

YOBY

First Name
Yoby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RAV 4 / 2022 Maverick Lariat
Great truck and that's coming from a Toyota buyer since 1979. I give it a 9.5 out of 10 and if they fix the brake issue, they get a 10 from me.

Aabxltlux4k

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick, RAV4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
No, seriously. I have had several 20-30K vehicles and this truck is quieter, nicer riding, faster and closer mpg than expected in a gas engine truck. Are all aspects better? No, but more are better and there are more features than I had in others.

Bushpilot

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Volt
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Well, my poverty edition (XL) hybrid is pretty close to perfect. It is (subjectively) as quiet and comfortable as any other vehicle I have ever owned.

Even my wife loves it, to us it is luxurious.

Background - I am 59 years old, and have owned many vehicles. Until the Maverick, I have always bought used. The value equation of the Maverick, combined with the current wierd used market, convinced me to buy new for the first (and maybe last) time.

TL;DR It's a nice truck, great price, basically hit a home run
Sponsored