Sponsored

Installed new Falken Wildpeak A/T3W Tires (235 65 r17)

OP
OP
Wasatch-Man

Wasatch-Man

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I had them on a previous vehicle and they are the closest thing to a “no sacrifice” tire that I have ever seen.

They look a bit silly IMO, but the grip that they have in all conditions is remarkable. I’m sure I will make a more detailed post about them at some point after I put a few thousand miles on them. Winter is coming….

Michigan is a beautiful place, I have lived here my whole life. We are surrounded by 1/3 of the worlds fresh water!
Yep! At the end of the day, it's how they handle and grip that matters!

When you're on the Great Lakes, you're basically on the ocean, only fresh water! 😅

Michigan is indeed beautiful! My brother is in Oakland County and my sister is in Lapeer County, with other relatives in between!
Sponsored

dags1207

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco | 2024 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Great choice! I absolutely love them when we had them on the Santa Fe. I am planning on getting the Trail AT3/W version for my hybrid whenever it gets build.

OP
OP
Wasatch-Man

Wasatch-Man

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Great choice! I absolutely love them when we had them on the Santa Fe. I am planning on getting the Trail AT3/W version for my hybrid whenever it gets build.
Thank you!

I've only had them for a day, but I really like the feel of them! I was very close to getting the Trail AT3's! I'm sure I'd be happy with those too!

Hopefully you don't have to wait too long on your Mav! Post some pics for us when it arrives!

Dslaughterbeck

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Duane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

How's the road noise with the A/T trails? They are on my short list. They look like a great compromise between an aggressive A/T tire and a good handling all season.
They are very quiet compared to most A/T tires out there.

TomD

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Cherokee Trailsport
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I've had my Maverick Hybrid for about 16 months, and with the heavy snowfall we had in northern Utah this past winter, I decided it was time for some new tires! After reading lots of threads concerning tires, I decided on the Falken A/T3W's. I decided on 235 65 r17 size. I was thinking about the 245's, but finally decided on the 235's. Although I've only had them for one day, my initial assessment is I like them very much. They provide a smooth stable ride, and tire/road noise is minimal!

The folks at Discount Tires in Bountiful, Utah (Dawson) were great! They answered all my questions, and even took me to their tire storage area so I could see the tires in person before making my final selection!

Thought I'd post a few pics for anyone who thinks they may be interested in the Falken A/T3Ws.

Tire4.jpg

Tire8.jpg

Tire2.jpg

Tire3.jpg

Tire7.jpg

Tire5.jpg
I like the look

Sponsored

Mav23XLT

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Good choice and look great! I opted for the 245-65-17' Wildpeak A/T's, I wanted that extra 1' of height, since I work a mile from home I wasn't really concerned about the effect on mileage.

Ford Maverick Installed new Falken Wildpeak A/T3W Tires (235 65 r17) IMG_6288

NoVaJimmy

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lexus GX 460
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Good choice and look great! I opted for the 245-65-17' Wildpeak A/T's, I wanted that extra 1' of height, since I work a mile from home I wasn't really concerned about the effect on mileage.

IMG_6288.jpg
Is this a typo? Just for other people's awareness, the 245/65R17 tires only net you about 1/4" of additional ride height.

MaveRichard

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Is this a typo? Just for other people's awareness, the 245/65R17 tires only net you about 1/4" of additional ride height.
@Mav23XLT is correct. The tire is 1” taller. Technically only 1/2” in ride height, but that is not what he claimed.

Ford Maverick Installed new Falken Wildpeak A/T3W Tires (235 65 r17) IMG_4838

But @Mav23XLT looks like a FX4, which 235/65R17 is the stock size. So I guess gaining a 1/2”.

Splitting hairs. But compared to OP, it is technically an inch taller.

NoVaJimmy

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lexus GX 460
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
@Mav23XLT is correct. The tire is 1” taller. Technically only 1/2” in ride height, but that is not what he claimed.

IMG_4838.jpeg

But @Mav23XLT looks like a FX4, which 235/65R17 is the stock size. So I guess gaining a 1/2”.

Splitting hairs. But compared to OP, it is technically an inch taller.
I was talking about the 235/65R17 tires that were referenced for one thing and also, 1" taller tires only equate to .5" of additional ride height.....

OP
OP
Wasatch-Man

Wasatch-Man

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I like the look
Thank you!

They feel great so far! If we have another winter here in Northern Utah, like this past winter, they'll be put to the test!

Sponsored
OP
OP
Wasatch-Man

Wasatch-Man

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

IMG_6288.jpg
Those 245's look great!

I have to tell you, I was going back and forth between the 235's and 245's. When I was driving away from Discount Tire, I was like: "Maybe I should've went with the 245's?" 😅 😅 But overall, very happy with these tires!

RonKujawa

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I've had my Maverick Hybrid for about 16 months, and with the heavy snowfall we had in northern Utah this past winter, I decided it was time for some new tires! After reading lots of threads concerning tires, I decided on the Falken A/T3W's. I decided on 235 65 r17 size. I was thinking about the 245's, but finally decided on the 235's. Although I've only had them for one day, my initial assessment is I like them very much. They provide a smooth stable ride, and tire/road noise is minimal!

The folks at Discount Tires in Bountiful, Utah (Dawson) were great! They answered all my questions, and even took me to their tire storage area so I could see the tires in person before making my final selection!

Thought I'd post a few pics for anyone who thinks they may be interested in the Falken A/T3Ws.

Tire4.jpg

Tire8.jpg

Tire2.jpg

Tire3.jpg

Tire7.jpg

Tire5.jpg
Thanks for posting, that's the exact tire I was looking at for my 22 EB AWD.

OP
OP
Wasatch-Man

Wasatch-Man

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks for posting, that's the exact tire I was looking at for my 22 EB AWD.
Yeah, I was hoping the pics would be helpful to those looking at tires!

Although I've only had them for two days, I really like them! I also like how they look!

What size are you looking at getting?

Gray Goose

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
RG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape Terrain Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Looks great!

I went with CrossClimate 2s and stuck with the stock size of 225/65R17. These Falken’s were in the running as well though.

Continentals made it 9200 miles. I was actually able to sell them, too.

These are quieter and ride much better. I only have ~400 miles on them so far, but I just filled up and hand calculated 45.6MPG. Compared to my last tank of 45.7.

IMG_4790.jpeg
I like the farm tire look. Full disclosure, I grew up on a farm and still a co-owner.

RonKujawa

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Although I've only had them for two days, I really like them! I also like how they look!

[/QUO

I was thinking P235/65R17.
Sponsored