Sponsored

Installing Cruise Control on 2022 XL - thoughts / feedback?

awc

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
AWC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yes, I chose the "stripped down" XL in November 2022...For those that have installed cruise control on your 2022 XL, what are your thoughts? The nearby Ford dealers that I have contacted here in the Southeast will not install cruise control on these models. Found a guy that will do it but would like to hear from those who have done it. TIA!!
Sponsored

Jstrick

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yes, I chose the "stripped down" XL in November 2022...For those that have installed cruise control on your 2022 XL, what are your thoughts? The nearby Ford dealers that I have contacted here in the Southeast will not install cruise control on these models. Found a guy that will do it but would like to hear from those who have done it. TIA!!

Jstrick

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Did it on my wife’s xl used Forscan and instructions from the club it works great and pretty easy to do

OP
OP

awc

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
AWC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Did it on my wife’s xl used Forscan and instructions from the club it works great and pretty easy to do
Thank you!

HiYoAu

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I’ve done 3 installs on 2022 XL’s. Pretty easy. The majority of the effort was spent being careful on removing the plastic pieces on the steering wheel to avoid breaking the little plastic tabs.

Just make sure you have the correct switches ready to go so the settings in Forscan match the switches being installed.

Sponsored

OP
OP

awc

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
AWC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I’ve done 3 installs on 2022 XL’s. Pretty easy. The majority of the effort was spent being careful on removing the plastic pieces on the steering wheel to avoid breaking the little plastic tabs.

Just make sure you have the correct switches ready to go so the settings in Forscan match the switches being installed.
Thank you!!

ShadowBlack XL440

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Non-Ford, not enought room to list..........
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I found it extremely easy by using a replacement steering wheel with the correct switches. I now wish I had found the leather wrapped wheel, as another upgrade, while adding the factory OEM Cruise Control. Best bang for the buck upgrade yet.

Bushpilot

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Volt
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Piece of 🎂 easy as 🥧

Reactions: awc

BAScott62

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hardest part for me was getting the bezel off the wheel without feeling like I was going to break it. Second hardest part was ordering the switches, first part house I tried didn't actually have them in stock.

Reactions: awc

Gvmumbral

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Gerardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Did this mod and I'm super happy with it.

Love the leather wrapped steering wheel and the CC works great.

Cheap mod also.

Extremely easy to do and I must say that I am pretty dumb.
Sponsored