2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Any updates on MPG? Any issues?

Can you also add more photos? Straight on view from back and front?

Also - any idea if the factory bed extender will still work with the rails installed?
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
The Weatherman

The Weatherman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux FX4 4K x 2
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Any updates on MPG? Any issues?

Can you also add more photos? Straight on view from back and front?

Also - any idea if the factory bed extender will still work with the rails installed?
I have seen about a 1-1.5 mpg loss.

I have added the Malone center rack tie down point to allow me carry at least 4 boats with ease.
Ford Maverick Installed 4' 6" TruXedo Pro X15 Tonneau Cover & Angry Elephant Rack System Rail size 50" 91B416C8-0C8A-4347-97D3-154A92CE00C0
Ford Maverick Installed 4' 6" TruXedo Pro X15 Tonneau Cover & Angry Elephant Rack System Rail size 50" 4212FDD4-5B12-49D5-B77D-EE7A16C84D9F
Ford Maverick Installed 4' 6" TruXedo Pro X15 Tonneau Cover & Angry Elephant Rack System Rail size 50" DA6C134B-EDAE-4F82-A239-D942F8309F33

Big Kahuna

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have seen about a 1-1.5 mpg loss.

I have added the Malone center rack tie down point to allow me carry at least 4 boats with ease.
91B416C8-0C8A-4347-97D3-154A92CE00C0.jpeg
4212FDD4-5B12-49D5-B77D-EE7A16C84D9F.jpeg
DA6C134B-EDAE-4F82-A239-D942F8309F33.jpeg
Thank you! This is the best looking rack system I've seen so far so I'm really leaning towards picking it up. I just wish it could be dropped lower than the cab height when needed. It looks like the bars only stick out about 5-6" past the body which is nice.

I have the factory bed extender in mine so not sure the rail system will work with it, I'll have to continue to research.

Matchstick08

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Sorry to bring this back up from the dead and I understand that you intend on keeping this installed on your vehicle at all times, but could you describe how easy/difficult it is to remove and reinstall the uprights?

I am very interested in a similar set up, but I want to install and remove for each use. I generally boat 3 times a month in the summer.

I do this currently with my rail mounted (top of bed topper) racks. It takes me about an extra 5 minutes to snap them into position and then I put the boats on. As soon as the boats come off, the racks also come off.

I assume they slide into the rails from the rear - do they bind easy when moving to the forward position or is it pretty effortless? Do they use threaded square nuts? I see thumb screws (which is promising).

OP
OP
The Weatherman

The Weatherman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Sorry to bring this back up from the dead and I understand that you intend on keeping this installed on your vehicle at all times, but could you describe how easy/difficult it is to remove and reinstall the uprights?

I am very interested in a similar set up, but I want to install and remove for each use. I generally boat 3 times a month in the summer.

I do this currently with my rail mounted (top of bed topper) racks. It takes me about an extra 5 minutes to snap them into position and then I put the boats on. As soon as the boats come off, the racks also come off.

I assume they slide into the rails from the rear - do they bind easy when moving to the forward position or is it pretty effortless? Do they use threaded square nuts? I see thumb screws (which is promising).
Ford Maverick Installed 4' 6" TruXedo Pro X15 Tonneau Cover & Angry Elephant Rack System Rail size 50" image

There is one on each side of the bed. Once you loosen and remove them you can loosen and slide the racks and tie downs out of the rail.

I have chosen not to cover these, but you can slide the rear rack back far enough to cover the Allen head if choose.

That’s it!

I pulled the back rack Qoff yesterday to install a couple of tie downs on each side of the bed. Easy Peasy!

Ford Maverick Installed 4' 6" TruXedo Pro X15 Tonneau Cover & Angry Elephant Rack System Rail size 50" image

Sponsored

Mavito

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Coquito
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Looks great! Are those additional tie downs on the bottom rails sold from Truxedo Elevate? If so how much did they' cost if you dont mind me asking?

OP
OP
The Weatherman

The Weatherman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Looks great! Are those additional tie downs on the bottom rails sold from Truxedo Elevate? If so how much did they' cost if you dont mind me asking?
They came with the Angry Elephant Racks if I recall. You’ll have to verify that with the seller. I bought it all as a package so I don’t recall if they were with Rail or the Racks.

lostinacrowd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I ended up going with the gator sfx. If I want a rack, I'll probably go the billiebars route that work with the on the rail covers.
Tell me more about these Billiebars. I'm assuming if you want to fold / roll up your tonneau you have to remove at least the back bar? I feel like if it was maybe 6in higher you could probably roll it up while keeping everything installed. I was imagining a short roof box on something similar, but having the crossbars elevated high enough to be able to roll the tonneau up to at least 2/3 open or something before the roll is too fat to go under the front bar. So many options, probably a blessing that mine was delayed so long. Now I can watch all of you buy stuff and be better informed!
https://billiebars.com/products/billiebars-ford-maverick-2022-present
I emailed them asking about the Revolver X4 fitment.
Do these brackets mount to the Maverick's inside existing bracket? So many questions...

Deleted member 9167

Do these brackets mount to the Maverick's inside existing bracket? So many questions...
Another user on MTC has these installed (those are his photos on the BB website), but I'm pretty sure they are an 'L' shaped bracket that clamps the the factory bed rail. They don't use the existing C channel mount.

vfrfreak23

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Hey this might be the setup I would go with once I take delivery of mine! Looks great. One question I have is the width of each crossbar. I'm trying to fit a tent on and the mounting bracket is too short for my crossbars but luckily there's holes to go through for the screws.

I also think it would have T-Slots so that could probably be the way I would mount it as well but wanted to ask just in case.

Yours looks awesome

Sponsored

paneubert

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XL/4K/AWD/CoPilot/CactusG/SlidingRearWindow
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ok, so I have both of these on order. The X15 and the Angry Elephant Rack system. This might be a dumb question, and may become apparent when they show up, but what is the order in which you would install these? Does the rack system mount first, and the X15 tracks/Velcro rails mount onto the rack rails? I cant wrap my mind around how both the X15 AND the rack system can both "grab onto" the rim of the truck bed. One has to grab onto the other. Right? If so, which do you install first? bed cover, or rack system.

OP
OP
The Weatherman

The Weatherman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The rails for the racks and the rails for the tonneau go on at the same time with tonneau rail going to the inside. It’s an easy install. I did it by my self but if you can get a second set of hands its easier yet.

paneubert

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XL/4K/AWD/CoPilot/CactusG/SlidingRearWindow
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The rails for the racks and the rails for the tonneau go on at the same time with tonneau rail going to the inside. It’s an easy install. I did it by my self but if you can get a second set of hands its easier yet.
Ok. So there is no way I could really screw it up as long as I am thinking logically when the pieces are in my hand? I will see if I can do you proud....when I get my truck in 6-9 months. Haha.

vfrfreak23

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
What's the width of the crossbar? The thing I'm trying to mount has a bracket that's 3.25" wide.

OP
OP
The Weatherman

The Weatherman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
What's the width of the crossbar? The thing I'm trying to mount has a bracket that's 3.25" wide.
Sorry, I’m not sure what your question is. Picture please.
Sponsored