Sponsored

Keikio999

First Name
Kegan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta ST
Picked up a 2" level lift from FordRangerLifts.com. Pretty easy install. See my install YouTube video:

I'm running BFG KO2s 255/75R17s on stock wheels. Trimmed the firewall pinch welds down to nearly flush. Good clearance behind front tires now after trimming some fender liner out of the way. There are a lot of electronics in front of the driver front wheel though. After trimming fender liner, the tire barely kisses what appears to be the ECU. Planning on recessing the ECU farther forward and making my own fender liner; out of aluminum, fiberglass, kydex, not sure yet... Update video in near future.

Ford Maverick Installed 2" lift kit and 32" BFG KO2 tires (no rub with some trimming) 20220129_125010_HDR
Sponsored

OP
OP

Keikio999

First Name
Kegan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta ST
Biggest concern for rubbing was the driver front tire barely touching the back of the ECU. I took off the front bumper to see all the wiring better. I was able to push the ECU mount forward without cutting/welding anything. Ended up making my own fender liner out of rubber mat to block the elements in the areas I had to trim away on the fender liner. Cut the pinch weld quite a bit and welded the seam for peace of mind. No rubbing now. Took it for a rip in the fresh pow pow! Supposed to get 10" tonight in Colorado Springs!

Ford Maverick Installed 2" lift kit and 32" BFG KO2 tires (no rub with some trimming) 20220201_202940_HDR

Ford Maverick Installed 2" lift kit and 32" BFG KO2 tires (no rub with some trimming) 20220201_222027_HDR

Ford Maverick Installed 2" lift kit and 32" BFG KO2 tires (no rub with some trimming) 20220201_230530_HDR

Ford Maverick Installed 2" lift kit and 32" BFG KO2 tires (no rub with some trimming) 20220201_203019_HDR

Ford Maverick Installed 2" lift kit and 32" BFG KO2 tires (no rub with some trimming) 20220202_001652_HDR

Gconk

First Name
G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots of Fords
Did you do any sort of flash with a tuner to compensate speedo for the larger tires? I would be interested to see how fuel economy ACTUALLY changes with larger tires. I have concerns the little 8 speed won't like them much in the long run.

Sponsored

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Breakout, 21 Road King Special, 22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Biggest concern for rubbing was the driver front tire barely touching the back of the ECU. I took off the front bumper to see all the wiring better. I was able to push the ECU mount forward without cutting/welding anything. Ended up making my own fender liner out of rubber mat to block the elements in the areas I had to trim away on the fender liner. Cut the pinch weld quite a bit and welded the seam for peace of mind. No rubbing now. Took it for a rip in the fresh pow pow! Supposed to get 10" tonight in Colorado Springs!

20220201_202940_HDR.jpg

20220201_222027_HDR.jpg

20220201_230530_HDR.jpg

20220201_203019_HDR.jpg

20220202_001652_HDR.jpg
I'm looking to good down about 2", but I really like the look of your Maverick and how you overcame the few obstacles! Well done!

Ths0154

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick EB XLT FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Did you do any sort of flash with a tuner to compensate speedo for the larger tires? I would be interested to see how fuel economy ACTUALLY changes with larger tires. I have concerns the little 8 speed won't like them much in the long run.
I was wondering the same thing if the larger tires have an effect on the speedo? Look nice after complete. Have the same color and option unit ordered and still trying to decide on lift and tires.

Gconk

First Name
G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots of Fords
I was wondering the same thing if the larger tires have an effect on the speedo? Look nice after complete. Have the same color and option unit ordered and still trying to decide on lift and tires.
So unless the computer is informed of the tire size change then it will most definitely effect the speedo, probably shows 3mph slower than your actual ground speed... that's just a guess, my older trucks seemed to be between 3 to 5mph difference going from 32" to 33" give or take.

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Looks great! How bad did it rub before the trim or did you try? Not sure I want to weld on a new electro heavy vehicle. With pich welds I typically cut slits every few inches into them and fold them over flat. But I like what you did. I dont like that ECU location though damn! Im gonna have to figure out a way to protect that. I guess its better than the top of the dash accessible only from the bottom:ROFLMAO:.

Looking good though. My plan is 245 or 255 70s and the 2" lift once they come out with a spring lift or spring spacer combo. Im gonna get mud terrains though. Probably wont have a winch on mine so dont want to risk it.

Any thoughts on width issues if someone wanted 265/70s?

Last edited:

CLH917

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So unless the computer is informed of the tire size change then it will most definitely effect the speedo, probably shows 3mph slower than your actual ground speed... that's just a guess, my older trucks seemed to be between 3 to 5mph difference going from 32" to 33" give or take.
Here’s what the OP is looking at with his new tires compared to stock.

Ford Maverick Installed 2" lift kit and 32" BFG KO2 tires (no rub with some trimming) 1329E1FE-B9D0-46C4-8D1F-F1DBAA3001A4

Sponsored

Gconk

First Name
G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots of Fords
Here’s what the OP is looking at with his new tires compared to stock.

1329E1FE-B9D0-46C4-8D1F-F1DBAA3001A4.png
Look at you go and do ACTUAL research.... lol. That is much more dramatic of a change than I would've expected. I'm sure some of these forscan bros can help clear that up,or probably already have it figured out.

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Look at you go and do ACTUAL research.... lol. That is much more dramatic of a change than I would've expected. I'm sure some of these forscan bros can help clear that up,or probably already have it figured out.
Yeah there has already been a thread about how to change that a while back, cant remember where.

I usually do math like that for fun. If I am bored in my head but if i just need the info i will run a calculator. Pick a speed then a tire size, run the rpm needed for it, divide by gear ratio and axle ratio. 1/4 mile is 1320 times by 4. Divide by 60 for the hour. Its fun math to do when working in a boring factory or you have a long drive. Play around wih different tire sizes to get top speeds or to not bog down your mudder too easily. I like the math for metric tire sizes converted to diameter and circumference.

FYI I graduated high school with a 0.89 GPA. It work out to a D+. Now I chop coconuts for a living. Up to around 275,000. Anyone want to figure the daily rate on 10 years with a 4 day work week? I dont count actual numbers for the day just an average on how many i can fit in a can and how many cans i use in the busy or slow months.

jtpc2021

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I like my maverick, but at a certain point you might want to go with a Ranger, Tacoma, Gladiator, etc when you desire a certain height and tire size. Having to trim pieces and having rubbing just seems like a step beyond the vehicle’s design/purpose. Just my view.

JPH 673

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda B3000 truck Ford Maverick 2022
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Picked up a 2" level lift from FordRangerLifts.com. Pretty easy install. See my install YouTube video:

I'm running BFG KO2s 255/75R17s on stock wheels. Trimmed the firewall pinch welds down to nearly flush. Good clearance behind front tires now after trimming some fender liner out of the way. There are a lot of electronics in front of the driver front wheel though. After trimming fender liner, the tire barely kisses what appears to be the ECU. Planning on recessing the ECU farther forward and making my own fender liner; out of aluminum, fiberglass, kydex, not sure yet... Update video in near future.

20220129_125010_HDR.jpg

20220129_125010_HDR.jpg
How much was the lift kit?

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I like my maverick, but at a certain point you might want to go with a Ranger, Tacoma, Gladiator, etc when you desire a certain height and tire size. Having to trim pieces and having rubbing just seems like a step beyond the vehicle’s design/purpose. Just my view.
My comanche is lifted 3 inches and I had to trim the front fender lip aswell as the pinch welds to fit 31x10.50s. It originally came with 225/75r15s. The axles are strong enough to live with 35s if they dont have lockers. That would require atleast 6-7 inches of lift requiring completely different control arms among other things. They are also unibody construction. The bed is separate but the cab is part of the chassis. The only difference is Mavericks are fwd instead of rwd layout. But it is still just a bunch of thin stamped sheetmetal.

These arent mine they are pulled from the web. I dont think they look out of place with big tires and lifts. Really you can build anything the way you like it. Or you dont have to build it at all. The fact that people are doing thing like this is just plain good for the model. It means more aftermarket parts will be offered because more people will see this and want to do things like it.
Ford Maverick Installed 2" lift kit and 32" BFG KO2 tires (no rub with some trimming) t0YaQfgHaFj?w=244&h=183&c=7&r=0&o=5&dpr=1.65&pid=1
Ford Maverick Installed 2" lift kit and 32" BFG KO2 tires (no rub with some trimming) vtrpOOgHaFj?w=203&h=180&c=7&r=0&o=5&dpr=1.65&pid=1
Ford Maverick Installed 2" lift kit and 32" BFG KO2 tires (no rub with some trimming) dWx-mRAHaEK?w=269&h=180&c=7&r=0&o=5&dpr=1.65&pid=1
Ford Maverick Installed 2" lift kit and 32" BFG KO2 tires (no rub with some trimming) KjSYrFgHaFj?w=264&h=198&c=7&r=0&o=5&dpr=1.65&pid=1
Sponsored