First Name
Bart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Santa Fe & 2022 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I just posting an update on my mileage numbers. A while ago I did a 2 hour trip to the Bruce peninsula and I got 6.7l per 100km (35mpg) with the 2.0l ecoboost. Blown away by it's fuel economy. I posted earlier about terrible towing mileage. I was getting 24l per 100 km with a 2900lbs trailer. However I discovered that if you tow mostly in normal mode, outside of steep hills or starting from a stop, you can get 16l per 100 km (14.7 mpg).

I have put 13000 kms on this truck and love it!

That being said I'm disappointed by a few things. 1.The paint is very thin and low quality. I tried to get tree sap off my hood and I didn't go down far and already saw steel. 2. Do not trust the oil Guage. It's a timer at best. 3. It does not get rid of water well. A lot of water pools on the fibrous panels on the bottom. 4. The disappointing fit and finish. It is ridiculous that in 2022 manufacturers can't get a sunglasses container to work correctly. I have to wedge it open in a two step process. Also the textured plastic scuffs easily.

But the big redeeming qualities win anyway. Great mileage and a great price. We will see if we get what we paid for over the long haul.
Ford Maverick Insane mileage for 2.0l EcoBoost and other thoughts 20220815_122842
Ford Maverick Insane mileage for 2.0l EcoBoost and other thoughts 20220909_132708
Sponsored

TorchedTaco

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jeredd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Avalanche
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Wow, that mileage is insane! Makes me even more excited for mine to get built. Hopefully I'm in the first wave of 23 builds 🤞

Sirslayer

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Owing my Maverick for 10 months with 17000+ miles , my gas mileage have increased since learning about ECO mode and curbing my bad driving habits due to the higher gas prices. I’m averaging around 30 mpg from 22 mpg and using better gas made a difference. And I also agree with the post on any issues on my Maverick , Paint quality is the number one issues I’m dealing with. It’s a magnet to paint chips and the same to the interior, the plastic scratch so easy to the point where I would recommend to trim your finger nails before using your Maverick. I have no other issues with quality but I just receive a letter from Ford regarding a issue with my side airbags..

IdahoDirtFarmer

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 ordered '23 XLT, Eco, AWD, FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
That towing MPG isn't bad at all. Makes me even more excited to eventually get mine. My 1/2 ton Dodge with a V8 get slightly better than that everyday and gets 13-14 when towing 3-4000 lbs.

FischAutoTechGarten

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Green Valley Arizona USA, Alamos Sonora MEX
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mav Lariat EB AWD 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I wonder if folks should be applying a high quality wax to their Mavericks as soon as they get them?

Regarding the plastics, I wonder if Ford is using a recycled material (inherently softer) for the interior? (I have a Frontier XE.. so budget truck... and the hard plastics scratch somewhat easy as well).. I live in the desert and will probably install a carpeted dashboard protector like I've done on every vehicle that I've owned in the Sonoran Desert.

Finally, can small weep holes be drilled in those fibrous underbody panels to drain off water without affecting aerodynamics?

I guess it's a $22k vehicle when delivered as base XL. (a 4cyl fwd Corolla SE will set you back $24k, so view it as a much more capable alternative to that.)

Keeping it simple as an XLT w/ EB & AWD & 4K & Sliding Window (other stuff could be added after to not hold up the build) and it will get the job done with a bit of a premium look without breaking much more than $28k. (looks like the OPs build is something like this?)

Fully Optioned out as a top of the line Lariat at a near $45k price tag and I could see someone being very disappointed with build quality for the amount of money spent.

I didn't get my order in, so I'm looking at MY2024... we will see if they address any of these shortcomings then.....

Last edited:

Sponsored

NJ Pinelands

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I just posting an update on my mileage numbers. A while ago I did a 2 hour trip to the Bruce peninsula and I got 6.7l per 100km (35mpg) with the 2.0l ecoboost. Blown away by it's fuel economy. I posted earlier about terrible towing mileage. I was getting 24l per 100 km with a 2900lbs trailer. However I discovered that if you tow mostly in normal mode, outside of steep hills or starting from a stop, you can get 16l per 100 km (14.7 mpg).

I have put 13000 kms on this truck and love it!

That being said I'm disappointed by a few things. 1.The paint is very thin and low quality. I tried to get tree sap off my hood and I didn't go down far and already saw steel. 2. Do not trust the oil Guage. It's a timer at best. 3. It does not get rid of water well. A lot of water pools on the fibrous panels on the bottom. 4. The disappointing fit and finish. It is ridiculous that in 2022 manufacturers can't get a sunglasses container to work correctly. I have to wedge it open in a two step process. Also the textured plastic scuffs easily.

But the big redeeming qualities win anyway. Great mileage and a great price. We will see if we get what we paid for over the long haul.
20220815_122842.jpg
20220909_132708.jpg
35 mpg !!! Great to hear. I won’t have to worry about cleaning/rubbing the paint too hard because, well, umm… I basically let the next rain be my car wash lol. And it’s always Free !

PRH

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Must be a Canadian thing because, imagine my surprise opening your picture and seeing my exact fuel mileage (6.7 L / 100km)! I've got 4700 km so far and in S.Ontario as well. Totally agree about the paint thinness. Time will tell. Haven't experienced the scratching of plastic that many have mentioned. Also I didn't know there was a sunglass holder? Lol!! Maybe it's not on the XLT (I.e., maybe a higher trim level?) Anyway enjoy!

Jmav2152

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Mav, 15' KTM 1190 ADV R, 19' Husq TE250i
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Fully Optioned out as a top of the line Lariat at a near $45k price tag and I could see someone being very disappointed with build quality for the amount of money spent.
I assume 45k in syrup monnies right? I bought my loaded EB for 36.5k USD.

snowcatxx87

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1290SDR EVO / Tiger 900RP / 300cc Grom / Surron
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
What on earth are you doing to run past clear coat and paint to bare metal?? Pictures?

FischAutoTechGarten

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Green Valley Arizona USA, Alamos Sonora MEX
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mav Lariat EB AWD 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I assume 45k in syrup monnies right? I bought my loaded EB for 36.5k USD.
When I was putting together my MY2023 order (which didn't happen, banks closed sooo fast), for giggles I maxed out a Lariat (snug cap, luxury packages, some accessories) and got it to $43,5k using the 2022 builder... Add in the not included bedliner and the 2023 price increases from the pricing sheet and I was at $45k. Just did it to be curious.... My desired build was a much more modest XLT. My point was... you can nearly double the price of this truck if you go nuts... and at that point the build quality might get under your skin...

35 mpg !!! Great to hear. I won’t have to worry about cleaning/rubbing the paint too hard because, well, umm… I basically let the next rain be my car wash lol. And it’s always Free !
must....resist...making....Jersey....jokes..... :D ... just messing with you... I lived in NY for a whle a few decades back... always fun banter...

Sponsored

BlueSnake77

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT Ecoboost
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I drove a couple of hours on the highway for the first time since breaking my Maverick in. I reset the avg. mpg gas calculator right after filling up and getting on the highway. I was curious as to how it would do. I was averaging about 65 mph and was getting over 35 mpg. Of course the Avg mpg calculator can be 1-2 mpg in error, but still that would mean I'm getting a good 33 mpg. Can't complain!

Ford Maverick Insane mileage for 2.0l EcoBoost and other thoughts 20220925_123519

BlueSnake77

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT Ecoboost
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

As far as removing tree sap, insect repellent wipes will take it right off. I found this out some years ago after parking under a pine tree in Vermont.

Ford Maverick Insane mileage for 2.0l EcoBoost and other thoughts insectwipes

IronHammer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Velocity Blue XLT (no lux) FX4, 4K
Another poster here measured the factory clearcoat and saw that it was extremely thin. I had the dealer apply an extra clearcoat. I also plan to do add more clearcoat myself once I figure out what to use and how to do it!

Bob The Builder

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Butch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Cherokee ** 2023 Mav FX/4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
When I was putting together my MY2023 order (which didn't happen, banks closed sooo fast), for giggles I maxed out a Lariat (snug cap, luxury packages, some accessories) and got it to $43,5k using the 2022 builder... Add in the not included bedliner and the 2023 price increases from the pricing sheet and I was at $45k. Just did it to be curious.... My desired build was a much more modest XLT. My point was... you can nearly double the price of this truck if you go nuts... and at that point the build quality might get under your skin...
Ford dealers up here seem to be getting a good amount of off 3 year lease 2019 Lariat Rangers 4x4 with around 33K miles or so. Real nice with loads of tech, nice ebony leather seats, Sync 3, electric folding mirrors, LED projector headlights and fog lights for around 35K. Lousier gas mileage but 10K cheaper.

Yes, I am giving plenty thought to going in this direction right now.

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer Limited; 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
On the paint, I plan to get a ceramic coating as soon as it arrives. But I like the MPG you are seeing. A touch better than the 3-banger EcoBoost in my wife's Escape.
Sponsored