Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lexus ES300h Ultra Luxury
Have you ever seen

Have you ever seen "covered" buttons on any given interior panel (usually around the driver) where active button would have been on a higher trim? ... very common practice ... same principle - save money on the panels, just put a cover on places not being actively used or connected. In fact people complaint that such buttons/ places constantly reminds them that they are missing something that's availble on a higher trim. Also, not uncommon to find under those covered, not active controls, a wire harness/ bundle termination that would allow for activation (provided one checks for proper Fuse) of whatever function was supposed to be there (provided it doesn't require additional hardware such as active sensors). I have added non-native to a given trim OEM capabilities to many vehicles just by tapping on what buttons or inactive connectons are available but not actively connected. My latest example is adding OEM Fog Lights to a Nissan Frontier by using nothing but existing (but hidden) wired connections. It did require me to change the Steering Wheel mounted Stem that controlled the turning signals so that it would also have the fog lights controls. Also on the same vehicle, I added a 12v OEM output in back oif the center console by tapping on what was available from the manufacturer without any electrical ore mechanical modifications. And also on the samer vehicle, I added boith, front and rear cameras tapping on existing but inactive connections. All of these capabilities were available on higher trims but not on my trim.
You are correct, and I stand corrected. There are blanks on my Lexus next to the odometer switches and others and I have had them on other vehicles. But there isn't anything behind them.

But that wasn't what I believe you asked. I think your question was there unused, unconnected, not active steering wheel mounted controls ON THE STEERING WHEEL. And my response was "I've never seen a manufacturer do that. They are active or not there." Meaning NOT on the Steering Wheel. Your question wasn't about panel switch BLANKS for fog lights. That was why I provided the response I did.
Sponsored

MaverickTime

Banned
Banned
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Ranger
I guess I'm not understanding. A tonneau cover lays on top regardless if it is a try-fold, hard rollup or soft rollup. It rides on top of the side panels. I believe the photo shows the extender is below the top of the side panels. If it will work UNDER a try-fold, why wouldn't it work under a soft fold?
I had thought it work no matter what tonneau you ordered but aparently Ford had other ideas, they (my dealer) said it could not be ordered with the roll up for some reason. Will have to send him an email to clarify, really wanted the extender AND a roll up tonneau.

OP
OP
CoryDallas8123

CoryDallas8123

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A4, Chevy Chevelle SS, 2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
CoryDallas8123 - Can you ask if they have any more sessions in DFW soon? I am in Wylie and just saw this message, so I missed out...
I don’t know what other dealers have paid for the trainings. I’ve emailed/texted most of the dealers around DFW and this was the first I heard a confirmation from. Still radio silent from the others.

Sponsored

MAVRICK

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Any
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You are correct, and I stand corrected. There are blanks on my Lexus next to the odometer switches and others and I have had them on other vehicles. But there isn't anything behind them.

But that wasn't what I believe you asked. I think your question was there unused, unconnected, not active steering wheel mounted controls ON THE STEERING WHEEL. And my response was "I've never seen a manufacturer do that. They are active or not there." Meaning NOT on the Steering Wheel. Your question wasn't about panel switch BLANKS for fog lights. That was why I provided the response I did.
Slight correction ... I only provided clarification to a question someone else asked. I did not ask the original question myself.

As for the steering wheel controls ... you have never seen one with inactive controls ... I have - different experiences, that's all. Time will tell with the Maverick ...

BeardedK

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I had thought it work no matter what tonneau you ordered but aparently Ford had other ideas, they (my dealer) said it could not be ordered with the roll up for some reason. Will have to send him an email to clarify, really wanted the extender AND a roll up tonneau.
You can't order (option) it this way from the factory, but you can buy one or both of these items from your dealer and have them installed/install yourself and they'll work together just fine.

Order the roll up from the factory and have the dealer order you the extender, or vice-versa, and you'll be good.

silvy

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Sorento
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Was there a sunroof on their trainer?

SgtLip

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lexus ES300h Ultra Luxury
Slight correction ... I only provided clarification to a question someone else asked. I did not ask the original question myself.

As for the steering wheel controls ... you have never seen one with inactive controls ... I have - different experiences, that's all. Time will tell with the Maverick ...
We good.

FortyFiveNorthoods

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat FX4 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
OK, what are you going to build? I hear the wheels turning.
I'm trying to figure out how far my tent might stick out. Though I may have to use rack instead of crossbars if I want to open the window flap.
Ford Maverick Impressions and Answers From Dealer Training Today [Maverick XLT FX4] skycamp-mini-dimensions

Sponsored

MaverickTime

Banned
Banned
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Ranger
You can't order (option) it this way from the factory, but you can buy one or both of these items from your dealer and have them installed/install yourself and they'll work together just fine.

Order the roll up from the factory and have the dealer order you the extender, or vice-versa, and you'll be good.
Hey sgt, thanks for update, my salesman just responded also stating the same thing.

groovesocket

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Atom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Sun visor can be extended back to B pillar. The medal rod is what it rides on.

2022 Ford Maverick sun visor extended.jpeg
Thanks for checking. I appreciate it. This is great news. It makes my day.

Milkaholics

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Pathfinder, Toyota Camry
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hi,

Rear window is very small but it is tinted too(there was a question about that). Slides to the passenger side. I could not reach it to open when I was in the front seat.
So when you say the rear window is tinted, does that mean colored glass or a real tint that reflects light and heat? Do the rest of the windows come tinted or colored glass from the factory? I hope it is a real tint, in AZ we need real tinting, and those dark-colored windows can't be legally tinted any further. I can understand if the tiny rear window is colored since a tint may not stick well to it since it slides. But hopefully not the rest of the vehicle.

oljackfrost

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They're all sold, waiting for Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
To have a single item in inventory ... lower cost of part manufacturing, reduced storage needs, reduced complexity in manufacturing ... many other reasons, all driven by cost cutting measures and assenbly efficiencies.
This doesn’t fit with what the manufacturers have always done. If a feature isn’t in a vehicle there are not controls for that feature, going all the way back to radio block off plates.
Sponsored