First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT Lux 2.0 AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Are the Pirelli's 3PSMF? If so, they will be fine in snow on a AWD or 4WD. I have run various 3 peak A/T tires over the years on my Ranger with no issues whatsoever and I am talking Vermont winters no less.
No the Falken Agressive AT option are 3 peaks though which I'm guessing is why the Canadian builds get them not Pirellis for FX4
Sponsored

BlueOval5.0

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 F-150 SuperCab XLT, 5.4L 3V, Chrome Pkg
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Good to hear this because I really wanted the Falken Wilspeaks. Truck looks great.

I have the fx4 package with Pirelli tires. After reading so many bad reviews about their snow capabilities I was a bit worried. Today we had our first winter storm with 10 inches of wet snow. I plowed my driveway but our road wasn't. I needed a coffee so bad, I drove through the unplowed road and never spun a wheel in normal awd. I am impressed with the tires and the Maverick.

Portcqb

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT Lux 2.0 AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
OP is from Nova Scotia, which is in Canada.
Don't see where it said Ken Maverick was from Canada he shows Sydney but maybe they changed something I know all the early stock unit Canadian FX4 pics were on Falken

jet40

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Like Ken Maverick I am from Nova Scotia. I have the FX4 package. It came with the Pirelli's.

Sponsored

Cletus L

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F 250
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have the fx4 package with Pirelli tires. After reading so many bad reviews about their snow capabilities I was a bit worried. Today we had our first winter storm with 10 inches of wet snow. I plowed my driveway but our road wasn't. I needed a coffee so bad, I drove through the unplowed road and never spun a wheel in normal awd. I am impressed with the tires and the Maverick.
Good to know. Thanks for the info.

PapaDave

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT FX4 VBlue & XLT hybrid A51
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
While they may be decent, there simply isn't a comparison to a real winter tire.

I always get non-believers to watch this video - as it is filmed on an ice rink.

I will be running X-ICE SNOW SUV for the winter on the Mav on the oem wheels, and run something cool for the summer. (Method maybe?)

I have the X-Ice on my Mazda, awesome tires. I would have likely changed to a more aggressive tire but could only get $25 credit for each tire. So far the Pirellis are working for me. Maybe when these wear out I will get a different tire.

Grey Ghost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT Cactus Grey, Jeep Wrangler Mango
I just didn’t like the look of the scorpion tires on my truck so I went to discount tire with 2k miles on them and got a 80 dollar per tire credit.
Bought KO2’s because I think they look better on the Maverick

Sponsored

James Smith

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford Ranger
I have the X-Ice on my Mazda, awesome tires. I would have likely changed to a more aggressive tire but could only get $25 credit for each tire. So far the Pirellis are working for me. Maybe when these wear out I will get a different
I have the X-Ice on my Mazda, awesome tires. I would have likely changed to a more aggressive tire but could only get $25 credit for each tire. So far the Pirellis are working for me. Maybe when these wear out I will get a different tire.
Yes. It appears to me the Pirellis scorpions are not winter rated as they do not have the Snowflake designation. ( not legal on some roads in BC, Canada) The Falkens, Wilpeak AT 3S, while not specifically a winter tire at least have a 4 season rating with the Snowflake designation.
I have Blizzaks on my Ford Ranger

James Smith

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford Ranger
No the Falken Agressive AT option are 3 peaks though which I'm guessing is why the Canadian builds get them not Pirellis for FX4
I live in Canada , ordered the FX 4,
with the Falken Wildpeak AT3s , in part because they are winter rated and it appears the Pirelli scorpions are not. In some roads in BC, it is a legal requirement to have winter rated Tires with the Snowflake or M/S rating , for the winter season . The Falkens are actuality optional . For $ 1105 you get fancier rims and the Falkens

Last edited:

WVX76

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cactus Gray XLT FX4, Subaru Forester Wilderness
The Pirellis are certainly a decent tire and I’m sure do fine in snow. I replaced mine with Falken Wildpeaks mostly for a more aggressive look and more dirt traction. I have the Falkens on my RAM and Subaru. My wife is used to AT tires and commented on why did the stock tires look so small, meaning the tread and sidewall.

The Wildpeaks are doing great in the snow here at 5,500 ft in the Wasatch.

AnchorChain

First Name
Brock
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 XLT, 2019 Rav4
Maybe Pirelli improved cause the Scorpions on the F150s get a ton of hate

2022MAVERICKAWDCT

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FORD MAVERICK XLT AWD FX4 4K Tow
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Don't see where it said Ken Maverick was from Canada he shows Sydney but maybe they changed something I know all the early stock unit Canadian FX4 pics were on Falken
I thought Sydney was in Australia?......Just sayin':ROFLMAO:
Sponsored