Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.mavericktruckclub.com
Vehicle(s)
F150, maverick asap
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have the fx4 package with Pirelli tires. After reading so many bad reviews about their snow capabilities I was a bit worried. Today we had our first winter storm with 10 inches of wet snow. I plowed my driveway but our road wasn't. I needed a coffee so bad, I drove through the unplowed road and never spun a wheel in normal awd. I am impressed with the tires and the Maverick.
Sponsored

22Mav

Banned
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT/Lariat.. Undecided still :O
That's great to hear! I honestly suspected much of the distaste for the Pirelli's was falsely acclaimed. I think a few bad reviews on the internet somehow snowballed into a lot of people who've never even owned them referring to them as junk tires. Gotta love the internet!

sickser66

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Now I may be out of the loop, but when has Pirelli ever made junk tires? Reviews these days are just like opinions and hardly any are based on actual facts. I’m gonna wear mine out before I replace them and I’m sure they’ll do just fine in the snow.

Bob The Builder

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Butch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Cherokee ** 2023 Mav FX/4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Are the Pirelli's 3PSMF? If so, they will be fine in snow on a AWD or 4WD. I have run various 3 peak A/T tires over the years on my Ranger with no issues whatsoever and I am talking Vermont winters no less.

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Great news! I ran full circle on tires. First I wanted KO2's then I wanted wildpeak at3's. Then I wanted the toyos open countries. Then I started to think that just maybe since I do 99% road driving that I should get crossover tires like the wildpeak at trails.
Then I looked a bit closer at the pirellis a lot closer and figured "meh, F it. Good enough!" :ROFLMAO:

Glad to hear they are working out for you.

Sponsored

ReddWulf

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick FX4, Harley Road King Classic
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Great news! I ran full circle on tires. First I wanted KO2's then I wanted wildpeak at3's. Then I wanted the toyos open countries. Then I started to think that just maybe since I do 99% road driving that I should get crossover tires like the wildpeak at trails.
Then I looked a bit closer at the pirellis a lot closer and figured "meh, F it. Good enough!" :ROFLMAO:

Glad to hear they are working out for you.
I went same roundabout circle with tires also and swore they were the first thing to change....then when I took delivery saw them in person they looked fine and now driving on them I now have no complaints. Good enough for sure.....we'll see what is next when these wear out. I'm going to be about 90-95% road also....so in the immortal words of Shrek:
Ford Maverick Impressed with FX4 factory Pirelli Scorpion tires in the snow (feedback / review) 1639095122665

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That's great to hear! I honestly suspected much of the distaste for the Pirelli's was falsely acclaimed. I think a few bad reviews on the internet somehow snowballed into a lot of people who've never even owned them referring to them as junk tires. Gotta love the internet!
If it made it into the net it must be TRUE!😱

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I went same roundabout circle with tires also and swore they were the first thing to change....then when I took delivery saw them in person they looked fine and now driving on them I now have no complaints. Good enough for sure.....we'll see what is next when these wear out. I'm going to be about 90-95% road also....so in the immortal words of Shrek:
1639095122665.png
Lol yes!

I figure the money is better spent on a quality tonneau. Get a few years out of the pirellis then if it still seems important I can go tire shopping.

Naranjita

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
NAH-RON-EE-TAH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yeah, maybe I will end up keeping mine afterall. I planned on getting $80-$100 trade value like I have seen many people post they have gotten from Discount Tire. But the closest Discount Tire to me says they will give me only $25. The next closest one says they won't give me anything. I emphasized they will be brand new, and I would drive straight from the dealer, they can verify mileage on the odometer.

I then checked Les Schwab. They said they would give me $50 per tire if they were perfect. But with the price difference between Les Schwab and Discount Tire, it's still slightly cheaper to go with Discount Tire with $25 credit.

So, stock Pirelli's don't sound half bad, if they are performing in the snow. Hopefully they will do well in the soppy wet snow, like we get here in Western Washington.

felsf50

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Mine has the Pirelli Scorpion ATR. I saw someone on this forum who was "told" by his tire guy that they were OEM junk. So his tire guy sold him something better and more expensive. LMAOx2

Sponsored

ReddWulf

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick FX4, Harley Road King Classic
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Lol yes!

I figure the money is better spent on a quality tonneau. Get a few years out of the pirellis then if it still seems important I can go tire shopping.
Same here....ordered an UnderCover Armor Flex. Removed the hard trifold off of my build early on when it became a possible delay item for scheduling, so I'm "upgrading" now.

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Same here....ordered an UnderCover Armor Flex. Removed the hard trifold off of my build early on when it became a possible delay item for scheduling, so I'm "upgrading" now.
Ooooooh! That's a nice cover. I came to the conclusion that a secure tonneau was much more important than tires with great off road performance. Where did you order from? Realtruck is showing not available for maverick.

The thing about the pirellis is not that they are bad tires, just that they are not spectacular off road performers. They're fine on roads and for poor weather/light off road duty.
Sponsored