David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT, 2014 MX5 Club
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Several months ago, a local dealer said I could buy a 2022 XLT with the options I wanted (plus a few) for a measly $5000.00 over invoice. I simply said "I've never even paid invoice for a vehicle, much less more." The Maverick will be vehicle number 50 that I've owned.

I'm now wondering if that was a mistake based on all the comments about orders being cancelled and the price increase for the 2023.

However, I'm totally against scalping, so I'll live with my decision and hope for the best.
Sponsored

jim13

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
K5
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I wanted a loaded lariat hybrid because I feel it’s a great deal for under 35,000 (I think prices of cars are ridiculous at any rate) I’m fine with a cheap truck being cheap but I like the little “luxuries” it has that would keep me happy for years.
I feel paying above sticker on any level of Maverick starts to negate what I like about the vehicle.

tellyouwhat

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Maverick Hybrid Alto Lux BAP 360
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The dealer I ordered from had an XLT on lot with $20K markup. Basically doubled the price of the truck. $5k markup doesn’t sound bad compared to that but really just depends how fast you need it. for me, I can wait.

Bob The Builder

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Butch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Cherokee ** 2023 Mav FX/4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The thing that gets me personally is the fact these are entry level vehicles. I cannot pay premium prices for entry level. I guess it is just not in my DNA. :ROFLMAO:

Sponsored

CoryDallas8123

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A4, Chevy Chevelle SS, 2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The people paying over msrp for a Mav are the same people that were waiving inspections on home purchases.

bearsfan647

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EBike - Future Ford Maverick!
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Several months ago, a local dealer said I could buy a 2022 XLT with the options I wanted (plus a few) for a measly $5000.00 over invoice. I simply said "I've never even paid invoice for a vehicle, much less more." The Maverick will be vehicle number 50 that I've owned.

I'm now wondering if that was a mistake based on all the comments about orders being cancelled and the price increase for the 2023.

However, I'm totally against scalping, so I'll live with my decision and hope for the best.
go input a bunch of mav vins in various sites. They’re all dropping and some don’t even get a price to you and say they’ll get back to you after a professional appraisal.

you’re lucky you skipped out. Soon people will be on the hook for 40k loans for a car that is valued at 15k when they drop and not 40k when then bought even though it’s sticker was 27k.