Sponsored

If you had a chance to order again what would you change?

Kevin H.

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
All wheel drive hybrid. :p
I was originally planning to hold out for a future model year when this becomes a thing. Then gas prices shot up (thanks Putin) and 24 MPGs started sounding really good.
Sponsored

legs1957

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Conrad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nissan
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
better wheels, already ordered new set for when truck gets here,,,,,, next week?????????????

James St. Patrick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FORD MAVERICK Velocity Blue Ecoboost AWD
My 2cents because I purchased (from a dealer) an XLT Luxury Package with Copilot 360, Moonroof, added 245/65/17 Toyo Tires, and a hood deflector, while I waited for my August order (XLT LUX, FX4, COPILOT).

Removed the luxury package from my original order because I was not using the majority of those features.

Drove the Silver setup for 6 months/10k miles, and sold it 4 days after receiving my VB. Switched the tailgait assist, rolling cover and rails from the Silver (lux pack) to the VB XLT. Zero complaints.

HOWEVER, I was surprised about the Pirelli tires 225/65/17. They ride good on the Maverick and in NORMAL Mode in my FX4, Driving 30-80mpg on highways (some stop and go), city, and neighborhoods I average 26.8mpg. I am just driving, not watching numbers, and not using cruise control. This is what I want.

mou

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Maverick Hybrid, '13 BRZ, '99 Impreza
Currently have the XLT hybrid with lux package and CP360. I would have done Lariat for additional options like push start, leather seats, LED accent headlight/taillights, more ambient lighting, bigger digital gauge cluster. I don't regret the XLT though, my biggest gripe is the switchblade key

Wilky4258

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord, Dodge Challenger
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Absolutely nothing. The Hybrid XLT Cactus Grey w Lux Package, Engine Block Heater and Tire Lock Kit was all that I needed.

Sponsored

cavemold

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick 2022 Eco 2.0
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Might of put AWD on it but that’s it if the first edition color came in xlt eco I would payed for it …

jonathan1994

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Taurus Limited
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I love my hybrid lariat luxury as is. But with time travel...

I would have ordered a 2nd truck in XLT FWD EB. 4k tow and floor trays only options.

Then took the free upgrade to AWD for 4k/FWD.

Drive the XLT until my lariat arrives, then swap wheels and floor trays to the lariat and sell the XLT with lariat wheels for a profit.

Mite-o-Dan

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick, 2017 Corvette Grand Sport
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I would have ordered from a large dealership so I wouldn't still be waiting for my June 10th order to be scheduled.

Sponsored

Clifdawg

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Don’t think I’d change much. I thought I’d regret getting the EB with FWD-only but the reports of ludicrous wheelspin at any speed have been greatly exaggerated. You have to actively try to be a hooligan to break it loose.

Salwans

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Audi A4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have the XLT AWD + LUX. I would’ve went with the Hybrid drivetrain instead of the AWD EB, and put the cost difference into the Lariat to get push button start, as well as the LUX for an upgraded sound system.

That said, I feel blessed to have the EB. One year ago, I would not even have dreamed of finding a truck that (1) fits in my garage, (2) fits my family, and (3) isn’t priced at $40+.

Pouncer

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Had I known better I would have ensured I'd placed a "Buyer's Order" that had the delivery already titled to me instead of the dealer.

DCP

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Flex, 2018 Escape, 2023 Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My actual order (Hybrid XLT Lux) did not include CP 360. The one I found is the same except CP 360 is included. I'm glad it is there. Knowing that now, that would probably be the only thing I would change about my original order.
Sponsored